• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you forgive?

Earthling

David Henson
If anyone hurts me, if they come to me and apologize, I can very easily let things go.

Believe it or not, my understanding of the Scriptures, helps me in this regard.

Oh, sure it does. Me too. I wouldn't have any real idea of the concept if it were not for my understanding of the Scriptures.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh, sure it does. Me too. I wouldn't have any real idea of the concept if it were not for my understanding of the Scriptures.
I am so very, very sorry that there is no app for irony. So, just know, that I owe you one. I promise.

12jtartar

Premium Member
Are you able to forgive everything?

I don’t forgive everything, because I do not have the authority to forgive everything. When the Bible says we are to forgive, it is talking about things that are done against oneself, and even then, there are procedures to go through to make sure about the cause of our perception of a sin against ourself. We can speak to the person, that we think sinned against us, and clear up the matter. When we hear the whole truth, it could just be a misunderstanding
or an accident. If something happened that you want an answer to the proper way to bring you both back together, if both are true Christians, Matthew 18:15-17, Matthew 6:14,15 says that we must forgive trespasses against us, or our Heavenly Father will not forgive ours. Most things that seem wrong that our brother does, probably were. It meant the way we took it, so it is better to realize our totter would not do what it seemed that he did, so just forget it.
Some sins are not within our authority to forgive, and if we see something like that, murder, or sexual immorality, it is up to us to report this to our elders, or tell the one who sinned to report himself, and give him time to do so. This is to bring your brother back into the Christian Congregation. Most things, just forget!!!