• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you fake telepathy?:

ecco

Veteran Member
What do you mean"fake telepathy"?

If you mean that many people can be fooled by charlatans into believing they are telepathic, then yes, people can be fooled.

If you mean that charletans can fool the people conducting serious tests into the validity of telepathy, then no.

So far, there is no evidence taken from correctly conducted double-blind tests to support the validity of telepathy.

Ditto for clairvoyance, spoon bending, psychic predictions, faith healing, telekinesis, et al.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Most people claiming telepathy are not lying from my viewpoint. I write the following and don't mean to offend anyone by it. There is two ways to go about it, you can awaken those powers by one companion with you which is a devil from Iblis claiming to be an Angel watching you and guiding you or you can awaken such powers through the heaven connected to this world through Mohammad (s) and his family (a).

The problem with vision of the evil companion or so called Angel as they claim, it's a false analysis of yourself and of everyone. It's judgment is from Satan and a wrong judgment and philosophy and unclean energy.

You either going to love yourself on truth or falsehood, there is a denier to the leader and guide, which is the evil Qareen, and there is the denied, which is the guide your time, the 12th Successor of Mohammad (s).

Those two are on tug battle, and the leader of our time is a tug battle with all forces and evil companions to the soul from Jinn, trying to guide back souls and he is not responsible over us if we choose the darkness and falsehood.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Dad and an Aunt had a card trick they played on fools. It went that the aunt could tell which card the guy was holding from over the phone. Dad would phone her up, start the code, and she's start counting slowly the cards. When he started talking it was the signal. Then she'd say the suits , and he'd say 'Here he (the victim) is' . So by the time my aunt got on the phone, she'd already know what card he was holding, and she'd play the psychic role up, 'it's sort of smoky, no it's coming in ... hmmm ... I think it's the 2 of diamonds, that's what I see, it's very clear now."

To this day I think some of the gullible old farmers went to their grave thinking my Aunt Lois was psychic.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Can you fake telepathy?Yes or no?:) I think you can't.:)
Statistics summaries are one way.

The way that TV charlatans do it is by memorizing books about the census. Using these statistics you can make guesses that are better than 50/50, and if a person falls into multiple statistical categories (height, sex, age, little this little that) then a sharp person can guess things about them.

Guessing names of aquaintances is more difficult, however there are further techniques for those who are good at studying faces. They can tell from your face if they mention a name that is important to you. They can tell a lot by watching your face, and especially if they get you to speak either truth or to lie they can make more guesses based on that.

It sounds hard but people do hard things. They walk tight ropes, swallow swords, juggle on unicycles. Anyways fooling people doesn't require so much expertise as I've described above. People are easy and often just want to hear certain things. If you know what they want to hear then you can get right past their conscious defenses. Have you ever seen a charlatan at work and how docile and compliant their subjects are? Its because they know how to choose a mark, a person who will be more cooperative than normal.