1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you answer my post?About auras?

Discussion in 'Paranormal Activities' started by Frank Goad, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Frank Goad

Frank Goad Active Member

Ratings:
    +98
    Religion:
    Officially methodist.But goes back and forth between the idea of the soul with methodism and jehovah's witness.
    Do you believe in auras?I am not sure.I think that they might be real.But science hasn't been able to detect them yet.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Amanaki

Amanaki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,936
    Religion:
    Cultivator of Buddha Dhamma
    Aura is part of our energy body so when we see the Aura it is the energy of that person we looking at. So yes i see it and it comes in different colors and sizes too (Distance around the body)

• Like Like x 1
  3. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,315
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    I do, but it depends on what one's view of auras is.
    I believe in spiritual connectivity, and the human ability to detect / pick up energies through spirit. I don't know how it works exactly, but I believe it involves spirit - either good or bad (Jehovah's or Satan's) that humans connect, or tap in to, or are channeled through.
    Ephesians 2:1-3
    1 Furthermore, God made you alive, though you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience. 3 Yes, among them we all at one time conducted ourselves in harmony with the desires of our flesh, carrying out the will of the flesh and of our thoughts, and we were naturally children of wrath just as the rest.

Scientific methods cannot be use to detect this, imo, but scientists will claim that if it's there, then they should detect it.
    Perhaps they may be surprised later with more advanced tech, that they can.

@Frank Goad, I like how you said, 'yet'. :)

4. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,329
    Religion:
    I finally figured out what direction I should go, when I studied the revelations of the Baha'i faith
    That's cool. Last year I was told by someone that I have a dark purple aura. This would mean I have openness to the spirit world but it's being blocked or hindered. It would make sense, as I hold it back on purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BSM1

BSM1 Who's a good boy?

Ratings:
    +7,671
    Religion:
    Buddhistic Panenthetic Jesusonian

Having lived over 47 years with someone who has seen auras around people since she was a little girl, I am not a "disbeliever".

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mock Turtle

Mock Turtle Compassion, understanding, and tolerance.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,242
    Religion:
    Often the quickest path from ignorance to arrogance and/or condescension
  7. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,862
    Religion:
    None
    Science can’t be used to detect anything until is has a well-defined hypothesis. Just in casual statements, you can’t declare that something exists if you’ve not defined what that something actually is. Anything might exist so that that in itself is a meaningless statement.

8. BSM1

BSM1 Who's a good boy?

Ratings:
    +7,671
    Religion:
  9. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,315
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    So do you mean like, "We realize that something seems to be accelerating the expansion of the universe. We don't know what it is, but it's some force, it seems. We have to define it, so let's call it Dark Energy."
    Do you mean like that, for example?

#9 nPeace, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. nPeace

nPeace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,315
    Religion:
    Follower of Christ
    I had heard about people literally feeling other's pain before. I don't doubt it. In fact I think it harmonizes with what I believe, as I mentioned in my post.

It seems evident it is all spirit related. (Luke 1:44) For look! as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy.
    For some people, these connections are stronger than with others.

11. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Bompu Zen Man with a little bit of Bushido.

Ratings:
    +8,799
    Religion:
    Zen Buddhism
    I think all things have a energy field around them. I do not believe any of it is supernatural although I would say for practical intents and purposes, we all have auras.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BSM1

BSM1 Who's a good boy?

Ratings:
    +7,671
    Religion:
    We do...and it is natural, not supernatural...

13. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,862
    Religion:
    None
    Yes, exactly like that because “Dark Energy” is the hypothesis (really a generic name for a range of hypotheses) which can then be tested. It isn’t formally discussed without the context of exactly what the phrase is referring to.

A proper discussion of “auras” would require exactly the same kind of contextual definition and hypothesis.

14. Mock Turtle

Mock Turtle Compassion, understanding, and tolerance.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,242
    Religion:
    Often the quickest path from ignorance to arrogance and/or condescension
    We undoubtedly take many cues from body language and facial features/expressions, and combined with something like synesthesia, we might have a more natural explanation for such things. Our judging others within a few seconds of meeting them being quite common, for example. I wouldn't dismiss auras but they obviously would have an impact on known science, and as far as I know, they haven't been proven to exist - and tending to fall into the following:

Attached Files: