• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we have sympathy both ways

Kelly of the Phoenix

He just wanted a compromise so he felt he was still living within the terms of his religion.
But when did Jesus tell him not to bake a "gay" wedding cake? Can you cite the verse?

I get so tired of religion being offered as an excuse without some Divine Word backing it up...

Then this isn't a country of freedom it's a country of peer pressure
You say gays shouldn't be denied services while whining some snowflake shouldn't have to bake a cake?

In my opinion it was not discrimination, because he welcomes the gay couple to purchase anything from his store that they want, but because gay marriage is against his religious principles, he simply told them that he will not bake a cake for that particular event.
Then he shouldn't bake any wedding cakes. I bet he has no problem with abusive heteros getting one.

For example, if there's a Catholic baker and a couple comes in to get married after a divorce, would the baker make the same choice about how the couple was treated?
Or those Vegas "less than 24 hours 'cause we were drunk" marriages.

I believe that that describes SinSaber, who seems like a decent person, and who I believe when he says he has no hatred.
Maybe not overtly, but my narcissistic sociopathic father doesn't believe he's being a jerk either. I frankly don't believe someone who says they aren't hating anyone when trying to ensure they are protected from serving the community's random arbitrary subgroups as God required.

Well in the Bible it says God presented woman to man and vice Vera's. That means the opposite sex, to both sexes, is a gift. Anything else is like asking God for the receipt
Are you against incest? Adam never marries his twin sister, just says he's going to have sex with her. Besides, Adam asked for Lilith's receipt, which is how we got Eve. :)

You can say the same thing about the book of Ruth. That doesn't stop people from saying it's an approval of lesbianism.
Or David and Jonathan.

Or Jesus and John (the Beloved).

Given the vitriol handed out to women all over the bible, surely there were lots of gays writing the bible. I just can't see the attraction to wanting to have sex with an inhuman beast/property item, you know?

Also Johnathon and David
They literally slept together and got naked together. What more do you want? Even Saul calls them out on it.

In Genesis, God presents Adam with a range of potential partners, all animals, and only creates Eve after Adam doesn't find anything to his tastes.
That's a lot of fur/scale/feather lint to pick off one's member. :p

If I were Eve, I'd get an STD check. :p

No, God literally presented the sexes to each other. You only give a present to someone you love.
Like a fruit that should've gotten someone killed for eating it? Is God Snow White's stepmom?

Is it that you want to talk about unimportant media rather than your evil, but deeply spiritual, beliefs?
They should make Godzilla and King Kong lovers just to mess with him, LOL.

On second thought, maybe they WILL. They'll have to team up against King Ghidorah later on anyway. Love makes the best soldiers, or at least the Spartans thought so. :)

Not my rationale; the Bible's. Have you actually read Genesis?
Bigots don't read the parts that aren't parroted by some preacher. The last time I went to a church service with my late grandfather, the pastor got upset about his congregation (let's just say they should all burn in hell like that cult in Silent Hill movies) and told them the story of God providing the birds for the Hebrews to eat while killing time with Moses. He purposefully left out the best part: that the birds were poisoned or something and everyone who ate them died, LOL. I tried SO hard not to laugh. Only a few congregants got it.

And you can't deny that people on the left actively discriminate against Christians.
You imply there are no Christian Lefts. They have an entire Facebook page. We are many.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
This is a waste of time. This entire site is dominated by word bending liberals who only want things their way.

You're probably the same type that equates the over bloated "injustice" of Wonder Woman not getting a movie till '17 to the injustice of the gender gap
Wonder Woman not getting a movie was marketing. She got a TV show. And DC ain't great at the movie business and I say that as a DC fan. Injustice of the gender gap? GTFO with that nonsense.
See what assuming gets you?
Again you can believe whatever you wish. Just don't expect people to not call you a bigot. Those are the consequences of having beliefs that say a sexual orientation or hell even a specific race is a "sin." That's the reality we live in. What do you want from me?

Last edited:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
you can't deny that people on the left actively discriminate against Christians

Not typically.

Do you deny that the Christian church actively discriminates against women, gays, and atheists, and goes to lengths the marginalize and demonize the last two? Would you like to see the hate speech in the Bible directed at atheists? Would you like to see five scriptures that depict unbelievers as lying, corrupt, vile, abominable, wicked, godless vessels in the service of darkness and evil, not one of which does any good, and fit to be burned alive forever as the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers, and the declared enemy of a good god?

Why wouldn't any of these targeted and scapegoated groups consider organized, politicized Christianity undesirable and wish to see its cultural influence diminished?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I'm saying that people add meaning to things that aren't in the Bible all the time. Ruth is one of them. Also Johnathon and David

However, I think Genisis is different, because that was also how God intended things before sin entered the world.
Genesis is not different.
The only reason you think it is is because you do not have anything else to present that supports your "argument".

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
This is a waste of time. This entire site is dominated by word bending liberals who only want things their way.

You're probably the same type that equates the over bloated "injustice" of Wonder Woman not getting a movie till '17 to the injustice of the gender gap
I understand.
You think there is no chance in hell you might be even the slightest itsy bitsy bit wrong.

No worries.
This is not a band wagon site.
If you are looking for a pat on the back and an "atta boy" you should look elsewhere.
Cause I doudt if you will find them on this site even in the DIRs

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
And you can't deny that people on the left actively discriminate against Christians. Like Brenden Eich
Who has said there is no discrimination against Christians?
I mean, olther than you making the claim that someone made that claim?

Funny how you were not able to present anything that support your much more specific claims in the OP.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This is not a band wagon site.
It is. This thread is evidence of that. If you post even the slightest politically incorrect opinion (for example with gay marriage or abortion), you get jumped on and accused of all manner of villainy no matter your reasoning. People act like It's a huge thoughtcrime to be against gay marriage or homosexual activity and go straight into attack mode without trying to find out the person's reasoning and at least trying to address their stance truthfully. I've been trying to see why the OP feels that way but I doubt I ever will due to all the self-righteous bandwagoning here. This site is not welcoming if you're a socially conservative person.

And I say this as a person who supports gay marriage.