• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we ever find Absolute Truth?

Birdcrazy

Bird Lady
Part of me is sick of guessing. I want to know what i am suppose to do spiritually. I guess I am a natural follower. Part of my path has to involve care for the environment, and part of it has to be pretty liberal. I considered the UU church though as my best choice, but I dunno, not enough direction on what I am suppose to do.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What sort of logical method would you use to demonstrate that something was absolutely true?

TJ73

I feel you. I was just away thinking about some such things,kinda. I have this faith but people, for me at least, just drive me nuts . he more I talk to people about anything spiritual, beliefs and faiths, and religions, the sicker I get. I wish I was just one of those people that could go with A flow, not necessarily THE flow, but some flow, ya know?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Part of me is sick of guessing. I want to know what i am suppose to do spiritually. I guess I am a natural follower. Part of my path has to involve care for the environment, and part of it has to be pretty liberal. I considered the UU church though as my best choice, but I dunno, not enough direction on what I am suppose to do.

You live absolute truth all the time.

UU sounds good BTW based on your posting, and it never hurts to give things a go.

:0)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Absolute Truth is already there.
We just haven't noticed it yet.

Sometime subjective truths help us find the absolute. Sometimes they cloud us from it.

UU, hmmm.

What are your beliefs on things like God, afterlife, and so on, may I ask? You mentioned in your intro you were Christian first. Are you after something similar to what you are used to, or something completely different?

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I don't believe there's an absolute truth to find.

I do believe you can build one for yourself if you want.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish

Even if you were given the absolute truth, could you handle it? I'd think humans would be unable to comprehend the absolute truth with our limited minds.

despite seeming dueling translations or concealments of god's glory......

such as ecclesiastes 3:11
(Darby) He hath made everything beautiful in its time; also he hath set the world in their heart, so that man findeth not out from the beginning to the end the work that God doeth.

(YLT) The whole He hath made beautiful in its season; also, that knowledge He hath put in their heart without which man findeth not out the work that God hath done from the beginning even unto the end.

IN ANY CASE disregarding difference how to translate that verse...

THIS
as long as one is not properly convicted of their own spiritual rebellion
as the reason for a darkened heart

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
BUT YOU SEE THIS INVOLVES SOMETHING THAT SHOULD CONVICT MOST CHRISTAINS
IN THAT
Pro 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter
THAT IS TO SAY THAT THEY HAVE NOT MATURED IN THE WORD
TO HAVE SEARCHED OUT PROPERLY THE MATTER OF REINCARNATION
TO KNOW THAT IT IS PART OF THE SALVATION PLAN...

but due to the state of humankind's common state of disobedience
to their own hearts as what as caused their hearts to be darkened
and not know the simplicity of god's love
and the extent to which god will go to return all to the orignal
pure and simple heart of conscience...
BY WAY OF THE DIVINE SALVATION PLAN
ALL HUMANITY HAS BEEN
(ISV) But the Scripture has captured everything by means of sin's net, so that what was promised by the faithfulness of the Messiah might be granted to those who believe.