• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can We Be Friends?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
If I have important shared values with another person, I can see passed political differences.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I do love conservatives. I remember the Bush ~ Gore election, I liked them both. But you asked about every day people so...

Yes, I think there are a few cuddly right-wings here.

Cuddly huh? AT has a cruuuuush.... :p:heart:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I make really good scones; Mom learned in
Edinburgh and showed me how.

i would let you smell them but wont let you have
one till you admit you are wrong. :D
Lol! I knew I’d like ya!!
You can be enchanting!

Last edited:

whirlingmerc

I have been fortunate to have had a fairly diverse friend group politically throughout my life. In my teen years, I was a conservative surrounded by conservative Christian family and culture, but I was still good friends with a number of people who were on the left. We would argue about politics, but it never changed my positive feelings about them as a person and a friend.

Other people don't seem to agree. To them it is inconceivable that they would be friends with anyone who doesn't generally align with them politically. Several years ago I remember a relative saying he couldn't be friends with anyone who wasn't pro-life, and I remember thinking how odd that was.

It seems to me that we could resolve some of the political hatred in the world if we opened ourselves up to the possibility of befriending people with a different political persuasion.

How about you? Are you friends with anyone with whom you disagree politically?

I try to respect people's conscience and how they live up to their best understanding of truth.

See 'he's my fried" from "The unsinkable Molly Brown"

Shad

Veteran Member
This is probably wise, at least with some friends. I pretty much know how all my friends vote, since it's a topic of interest to me. But if they're not very political people or I know we don't agree, we just don't talk about it much.

Most are not very political or at least opinionated about it

Of course with apolitical friends I do encourage them to become more political, but in a nice way. :p:D

I just tell them to vote if they do not.