• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Those Who Found Jesus, Help Me..

Michel07

Sorry Michel but it still doesn't fit....

1John 5:20 We also know that the Son of God has come and has given us
discernment to know the one who is true. And we are in the one who is true, in his
Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Rev 5:2 Then I saw a mighty angel who proclaimed in a loud voice, "Who is worthy
to open the scroll and break its seals?"

3 But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll
or to examine it.

5 One of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. The lion of the tribe of Judah, the
root of David, 3 has triumphed, enabling him to open the scroll with its seven seals."

No one in Heaven was worthy to open the scrolls, not
even God the Father.. So the Father and the Son are different and seperate according to 1John 5:20..

So you see here Michel Jesus on earth is completely seperated from God in Heaven...

I'm not going to be able to explain it to you because God is still a mystery to me though I have no doubts in His existence. To say The Father was not worthy to open the scroll is a bit of a strange conclusion in my view and I don't believe you were able to explain how Jesus could say" today you will be with me in Paradise "nor do you accurately ,In my view, explain John 1,1. Trying to understand some of God's mysteries are a bit of a stretch since we don't even understand some of creation . How will anyone fully understand Creator relying on his own fuctions of limited understanding? There is a good reason why some things are called mysteries and I don't presume there aren't any. Jesus also said " If you have seen me you have seen the Father."

Michel07

I don't think God gives us mysterious doctrines to obey!

Nice debating with you Michel..

What I'm saying is that we can't fully understand God. Surely you would agree with that. Can you completely understand anyone you know or know of ? Cheers and have a nice day .:)

P.S. Doctrines are things we believe as truths.

trinity2359

"Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise." (Luke 23:43)
speaking to the thief on the cross next to himself, he says "today"...

There are different ways to look at this.

First, depends on where the comma is - i.e.,
"Truly, I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise" changes the meaning to point to Paradise as a future event.

Second, depends on what Paradise means. It might not necessarily mean heaven as evidences by the Rich Man and Lazarus parable where Lazarus was in the 'bosom of Abraham' but by context is not heaven.

nawab

brother, there is a whole world of difference between the biblical teachings and the teachings of the church

Jesus PBUH said in John 5:30(KING JAMES): I can of my ownself do nothing as i hear i judge and my judgemnet is just as i seek not my will but the will of the father that sent me.

~ it is really funny that many Christians do not follow the commandments of the bible but they take the easy path what the church teaches only focus on John 3:16 and leave the rest. The Church teaches only that there is no other salvation other than by the lord JESUS. find it out for yourself they are preaching Paulinity not Christianity

The church and the Christians they often forget or they are not informed that ~

Jesus PBUH said in Mathew 5:20 (KING JAMES): For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven

I want to ask how can you Christians be better than the Jews by not keeping the commandments, please explain.

I would just like to inform you brother, research for yourself about the truth, before the truth researches about you. i will add one more verse for you. If you are really seeking Jesus to help you.

Job 25:4-6 (KING JAMES)
How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman? Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight. How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?

I'm trying to understand these verses and i'm alittle troubled with confusion, those
who have found Jesus, he will guide them to answer truly..

And in, Matthew 12:40, "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's
belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

here, he says 3 days in the grave, can you clarify this for me, is it "today" 24 hrs,
or "today" in two days from now not including today, which makes it 72 hrs?

Thanks..

kai

ragamuffin
I'm trying to understand these verses and i'm alittle troubled with confusion, those
who have found Jesus, he will guide them to answer truly..

And in, Matthew 12:40, "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's
belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

here, he says 3 days in the grave, can you clarify this for me, is it "today" 24 hrs,
or "today" in two days from now not including today, which makes it 72 hrs?

Thanks..

why does it trouble you?

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
I've heard it said that there was somewhat of a translation error in regards to your first question. Apparently it's meant to read, "I tell you this day, you will be with me in paradise" like someone saying, "I tell you right now, that I'm going to get mad if you carry on".

newcastle

I've heard it said that there was somewhat of a translation error in regards to your first question. Apparently it's meant to read, "I tell you this day, you will be with me in paradise" like someone saying, "I tell you right now, that I'm going to get mad if you carry on".

That's pretty good, but here's King James version, "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

As you can see by this version it specifies to day.
He could have said, "verily i say unto thee, thou shalt be with me in paradise".

But give it try with this verse;

1John 5:20 We also know that the Son of God has come and has given us discernment
to know the one who is true. And we are in the one who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ.
He is the true God and eternal life.

KJV And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding,
that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son
Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Im sure most religious people dont give a toss about Jesus. Most religious people are not Christians...

WRONG SECTION!!!

This just boils my blood!