• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can the vagueness of what this post says be true?

The Anointed

As usual, it all depends on definitions and levels of reality.

Depends how you define sound, doesn't it? Is it compression waves in air, or the perception of said waves -- in your brain?

Or does the whole forest collapse into multiple Eigenstates as soon as the observer is gone?
This would be the objective, quantum reality of the situation.

'SILENT' Compression waves in the air, remain 'SILENT compression waves, unless those 'SILENT' compression waves strike a created ear drum and are perceived as 'SOUND.'

Remove all observers and the physical universe will disappear and all that will remain is the eternal energy that has neither beginning or end, and which has manifested itself as this so-called physical universe. The Great 'THOUGHT'

If you believe that a universe of mindless matter has produced beings with intrinsic ends, [in Kantian terminology, an end-in-itself] --------- self- replication capabilities, and “coded chemistry”? Then you must now accept that it is the eternal energy, which has neither beginning or end, that has become this material universe and has developed a mind that is the compilation of all the information gathered by all the diverse life-forms that it [The Eternal Energy] has become, the collective consciousness of all that it is.

In fact, it has now been revealed that matter is no more than an illusion. Quantum physicists discovered that so called physical atoms are made up of vortices of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating, each one radiating its own unique energy signature.

According to those physicists, if you observed the composition of an atom with a microscope you would see a small invisible tornado-like vortex, with a number of infinitely small energy vortices called quarks and photons. These are what make up the structure of the atom. As you focused in closer and closer on the structure of the atom, you would see nothing, you would observe a physical void. The atom has no physical structure, we have no physical structure, physical things really don’t have any physical structure! Atoms are made out of invisible energy, not tangible matter.

Nothing is solid & everything is energy: scientists explain the world of quantum physics

The following is from the above link, an article on Quantum Physics.

Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like a ‘GREAT THOUGT’ than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as ‘THE CREATOR’ and governor of the realm of matter. (R. C. Henry, “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29, 2005)

That ‘GREAT THOUGHT’ is the LOGOS God, who is the divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all must return at the close of each period of universal activity.

The root to the word Brahman originally meant SPEECH, Brahman is the creator of the Hindus, and is one and the same as the WORD = the Logos; who is the Christians creator, the eternal gathering of information, which is expressed in each universal body. Brahman (Speech) as with Logos (Word) is the essential divine reality of the universe, the eternal evolving spirit from which all being originates and to who all being must return.

The LOGOS God, is today as he has always been. He is the only true constant in that he is constantly evolving. The only mind that has ceased to evolve, is the mind that has ceased to exist.

Shabda OR SHABDA STANDS FOR ‘WORD’ MANIFESTED BY SOUND [VERBAL]

Bhartrhari speaks about the creative power of shabda, the manifold universe is a creation of Shabda Brahman

The Rig Veda states that Brahman extends as far as Vāc (R.V.X.114.8), and has hymns in praise of ‘SPEECH AS THE CREATOR.’

The Greek word “LOGOS’ which has been translated as “WORD”, should be seen as ‘The thoughts in the mind which are to be expressed.

The term, “LOGOS” = ‘WORD, pertains to the very plan from the outset. [The creation of a universal body in which a Supreme mind or personality of Godhead to that body, develops.] In Sanskrit the similar meaning is given in the use of the word 'vac.' Vac means word. But in Sanskrit teachings of the Sanatana Dharma, vac has many levels. Including where the word is first considered as being in the mind as a thought, not as the spoken word or speech.

John 1: 1; In the beginning was the Logos and the Logos was with God and was God. And the supreme personality or controlling mind to have developed within the invisible eternal body of ever evolving information, was “THE LIGHT OF MAN” All the information, knowledge, wisdom and insight, gained from the body of mankind, the MOST HIGH in the previous creation, who was the Light and life of that ever-growing body of information, which is called God. All things came into existence through him, by him and for him. Without him, nothing exists.

Countless universal bodies have burst forth from Brahman=Logos and have retuned, to him, each one evolving a little higher than the previous body. The days and nights of Brahman are called manvantara and prayala, Manvantara refers to each period of universal activity and Pralaya refers to the periods of universal darkness or non-being according to our finite minds.

Every living thing within this apparent boundless cosmos, are merely information gatherers for the eternal energy, that Great Thought, which manifests itself as this living universe, which is all that exists. and is the COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS of all that exists, there is nothing that you have ever done or will do in the future, that is not recorded within the ‘GREAT THOUGHT.’

This nano technology, it really frightens me
They can make a flying camera that looks just like a bee
Can spiders, ants, and house flies transmit the things I say
Can our words and all our actions be recorded every day?

I remember back when I was young, I’s no more’n a lad
Sometimes I’d be at home alone and doin something bad
And I’d turn mums crucifix around so He couldn’t see me do it
Now I think of all this nano stuff and I think I might have blew it

Once you understand that God is all, you’d have to be half blind
Not to realise that everything feeds into that great mind
All them spiders in the corners, ants in every crack and nook
Were filming everything I did---now it’s recorded in God’s book.

But that don’t really bother me, cos I know it’s tightly sealed
And only one’s allowed to open it---and you know? somehow I feel
He’s not the sort what runs around accusing everyone
And though He lives in me, one day I’ll be, in Him, ‘God’s only Son.’……… The Anointed..

So then, who was the observer who said let there be light?

Last edited:

The Anointed

And even these may be just tiny, vibrating strings or loops, emanating from an undifferentiated, underlying brane (Brahman?). ;)

Continued from post #21.

brane (Brahman??????)

Another universe may have preceded ours, study finds. May 14th, 2006. Courtesy Penn State University and World Science staff.

Three physicists say they have done calculations suggesting that before the birth of our universe, which is expanding, there was an earlier universe that was shrinking. To arrive at their pre-existing universe finding, Ashtekar’s group used loop quantum gravity, a theory that seeks to reconcile General relativity with quantum physics.

These two seemingly fundamental theories are otherwise contradictory in some ways. Loop quantum gravity, which was pioneered at Ashtekar’s institute, proposes that spacetime has a discrete “atomic” structure, as opposed to being a continuous sheet, as Einstein, along with most us, assumed. In loop quantum gravity, space is thought of as woven from one-dimensional “threads.” The continuum picture remains mostly valid as an approximation. But near the Big Bang, this fabric is violently torn so that it’s discrete, or quantum, nature becomes important. One outcome of this is that gravity becomes repulsive instead of attractive, Ashetkar argued; the result is the Big Bounce.

Paul Steinhardt of Princeton University, a cosmologist who has explored some related concepts, wrote in an email that the new research “Supports, in a general way, the idea that the Big Bang need not be the beginning of space and time.” The universe “may have undergone one or more bangs in its past history,” he added. Steinhardt and colleagues have also proposed a bounce of sorts, but it’s different. It could turn out that the two scenarios are equivalent at some deep level, but that’s not known, he added. Steinhardt‘s scenario makes use of string theory, another attempt to reconcile General Relativity with quantum physics. Some versions of string theory portray our visible universe as a three -dimensional space embedded in an invisible space having more dimensions.

Our zone, called a braneworld [the word comes from its similarity to a sort of membrane] could periodically bounce into another, parallel braneworld. Such an event might look to us, stuck in a few dimensions as we are, as a Big Bang. “I don’t know if Ashetkar’s case translates into a bounce between braneworlds like we are describing,” Steinhardt wrote.

Kapalika

Premium Member
And even these may be just tiny, vibrating strings or loops, emanating from an undifferentiated, underlying brane (Brahman?). ;)

String theory hasn't yet given any testable claims. As far as we can tell, leptons, quarks and photons ect are the most elementary particles. It's very possible nothing makes up leptons other than leptons and nothing makes up quarks other than quarks iirc

The Anointed

String theory hasn't yet given any testable claims. As far as we can tell, leptons, quarks and photons ect are the most elementary particles. It's very possible nothing makes up leptons other than leptons and nothing makes up quarks other than quarks iirc

leptons, quarks, photons, are not physical particles, in fact all that exists is only the eternal energy that can never be created or destroyed, which eternal energy manifests itself as this visible universe.

According to our quantum physicists, if you observed the composition of an atom with a microscope you would see a small invisible tornado-like vortex, with a number of infinitely small energy vortices called quarks and photons. These are what make up the structure of the atom. As you focused in closer and closer on the structure of the atom, you would see nothing, you would observe a physical void. The atom has no physical structure, we have no physical structure, physical things really don’t have any physical structure! Atoms are made out of invisible energy, not tangible matter.

Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like a ‘GREAT THOUGT’ than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as ‘THE CREATOR’ and governor of the realm of matter. (R. C. Henry, “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29, 2005)

Read Post #21.

SESMeT

I think that one key difference between this view and naturalistic pantheism is naturalistic pantheism doesn't necessarily say that every object is a subject.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Does the tree make a sound when it falls in the forest? when there is no created ear or nerve ends for those silent shock waves to hit and be converted to electric impulses and sent to the brain of those life-forms that are present, where they are interpreted as sound.

Of course there is no sound, for sound is a secondary creation of the created ear, or nerve ends.
nay

the sound is there

and the sun rises tomorrow

The Anointed

nay

the sound is there

and the sun rises tomorrow

Well you can believe that if you want to, but you would be wrong. I suppose you believe also that the molecular gas released from flowers is aromatic, even if there is no created nose there to convert that scentless gas into an aromatic smell?

But it takes all types I suppose.

Without an observer, there is no visible universe, only the invisible eternal energy which is the "GREAT THOUGHT,' and is the COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS' of all life that you observe.

The 'GREAT THOUGHT,' which is the divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all must return.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well you can believe that if you want to, but you would be wrong. I suppose you believe also that the molecular gas released from flowers is aromatic, even if there is no created nose there to convert that scentless gas into an aromatic smell?

But it takes all types I suppose.

Without an observer, there is no visible universe, only the invisible eternal energy which is the "GREAT THOUGHT,' and is the COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS' of all life that you observe.

The 'GREAT THOUGHT,' which is the divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all must return.
a great thought would be....

Let there be light

if you hold the power of creation....your perception denotes reality

and that reality is there ...NOT....because YOU perceive it
but rather.....God can see it in HIS mind

The Anointed

a great thought would be....

Let there be light

if you hold the power of creation....your perception denotes reality

and that reality is there ...NOT....because YOU perceive it
but rather.....God can see it in HIS mind

The 'GREAT THOUGHT' is explained in post #21.

The Anointed

Are you referring to the impersonal God, who is the 'GREAT THOUGHT' who is no respecter of mankind, and sends his blessing of rain and produce on the righteous and the wicked alike, and his disasters on the wicked and righteous alike? Or are you referring to the "MOST HIGH' to have developed within the 'GREAT THOUGHT' "The Son of Man" the MOST HIGH' on the ladder of evolution by design, the 'Supreme Personality' of Godhead to have developed within the living universal body, which is the 'GREAT THOUGHT' made manifest?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Are you referring to the impersonal God, who is the 'GREAT THOUGHT' who is no respecter of mankind, and sends his blessing of rain and produce on the righteous and the wicked alike, and his disasters on the wicked and righteous alike? Or are you referring to the "MOST HIGH' to have developed within the 'GREAT THOUGHT' "The Son of Man" the MOST HIGH' on the ladder of evolution by design, the 'Supreme Personality' of Godhead to have developed within the living universal body, which is the 'GREAT THOUGHT' made manifest?
the Almighty

five items to consider
bigger, faster, stronger, most intelligent and greatly experienced

cannot be pushed aside
cannot be circumvented
cannot be subdued
cannot be tricked or cheated

couple to the power of creation......the Almighty

The Anointed

the Almighty

five items to consider
bigger, faster, stronger, most intelligent and greatly experienced

cannot be pushed aside
cannot be circumvented
cannot be subdued
cannot be tricked or cheated

couple to the power of creation......the Almighty

Let me ask you again: Is your Almighty, the 'GREAT THOUGHT' also called the Logos God, who is no respecter of mankind, and sends his blessing of rain and produce on the righteous and the wicked alike, and his disasters on the wicked and righteous alike?

Or are you referring to the "MOST HIGH' to have developed within the 'GREAT THOUGHT' "The Son of Man" the MOST HIGH' on the ladder of evolution by design, the 'Supreme Personality' of Godhead to have developed within the living universal body, which is the 'GREAT THOUGHT' =Logos, made manifest?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Let me ask you again: Is your Almighty, the 'GREAT THOUGHT' also called the Logos God, who is no respecter of mankind, and sends his blessing of rain and produce on the righteous and the wicked alike, and his disasters on the wicked and righteous alike?

Or are you referring to the "MOST HIGH' to have developed within the 'GREAT THOUGHT' "The Son of Man" the MOST HIGH' on the ladder of evolution by design, the 'Supreme Personality' of Godhead to have developed within the living universal body, which is the 'GREAT THOUGHT' =Logos, made manifest?
you ask as if you dissect God

I think not

Kapalika

Premium Member
leptons, quarks, photons, are not physical particles, in fact all that exists is only the eternal energy that can never be created or destroyed, which eternal energy manifests itself as this visible universe.

I don't know if we know enough (at least us personally, though probably anyone) to say that just bcause energy-matter conversion can happen that they are also energy at that same time.

That said, I am not in any way inherently opposed to appeals of matter being made of the same essential "thing" as an argument for a layer of non-duality.