• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone please help me?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I misunderstood you, and I thought these were titles for a book in the self-help section of a bookstore. If I was looking for self help books those would be the kinds of titles I'd look at.

My list of favorites has changed accordingly, and I recommend the following (for you) instead:
  • Imaginary conversations
  • Step-by-step guide to a completely spontaneous mind
  • I wonder … a lot!
  • A little peek inside my chaotic mind
  • Once upon a time, I was born into the psychological mysteries of life
  • Enlightenment for dummies
They are good titles. I may steal this one: The only guide to happiness you will ever need!

You see I knew an author who was writing a book by nearly the same title but never finished it. Its a little dejavu to come across it. I may write that book someday and may use that title, too.

Thanks for the update!

I believe the title The only guide to happiness was actually a rip-off - I saw it on the web many moons ago as the title of an article. Can't rightly recall which site it was but nearly every happiness website & book seems to make a similar claim - a lot like the claims that ours is the one TRUE religion.

Feel free to use the title - I actually did a quick search and it originates at the Zen Habits site which is excellent IMHO!

Thanks again.

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Nice day for a walk and this new contender pops into my head -

"A funny thing happened on the way to nirvana!"

Might appeal to the Buddhists.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I must admit I have also felt drawn to many books by their catchy title or subtitle - for example -

"Conversations with God"

"Awakening the Buddha within"

"The Untethered Soul"

"The Meaning of Life"

"Mastery of Love"

69 Love Quotes from The Mastery of Love by Miguel Ruiz

"A Message of Hope from the angels" by Lorna Byrne

A Message of Hope from the Angels

"Welcoming the unwelcome"

"When things fall apart" - both by Pema Chodron

Articles

"The Lost Art of Compassion"

"Seat of the Soul"

"Happiness" by Matthieu Ricard

"Living with IT" by Bev Aisbett

"The troubled mind"

"The Awakening Soul"

etc etc etc!

I can recommend any or all of those books - just Google for more info or visit this huge site! -

TOP 25 QUOTES BY MATTHIEU RICARD (of 100) | A-Z Quotes

You will always find a list of "similar" writers at the right of the screen at that site.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I must admit I have also felt drawn to many books by their catchy title or subtitle - for example -

"Conversations with God"

"Awakening the Buddha within"

"The Untethered Soul"

"The Meaning of Life"

"Mastery of Love"

69 Love Quotes from The Mastery of Love by Miguel Ruiz

"A Message of Hope from the angels" by Lorna Byrne

A Message of Hope from the Angels

"Welcoming the unwelcome"

"When things fall apart" - both by Pema Chodron

Articles

"The Lost Art of Compassion"

"Seat of the Soul"

"Happiness" by Matthieu Ricard

"Living with IT" by Bev Aisbett

"The troubled mind"

"The Awakening Soul"

etc etc etc!

I can recommend any or all of those books - just Google for more info or visit this huge site! -

TOP 25 QUOTES BY MATTHIEU RICARD (of 100) | A-Z Quotes

You will always find a list of "similar" writers at the right of the screen at that site.

There could be a human language in which people spoke only in short book titles. You'd say "The Awakened Soul" which would mean something like 'Good morning'. I'd reply "Welcoming the Unwelcome" to mean something like 'Oh no its Monday again!'

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
There could be a human language in which people spoke only in short book titles. You'd say "The Awakened Soul" which would mean something like 'Good morning'. I'd reply "Welcoming the Unwelcome" to mean something like 'Oh no its Monday again!'

Or the Stones classic - I can't get no satisfaction!

I also like the lyrics to McCartney's silly love songs ...

Plus the logical song.

The possibilities seem endless!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Or the Stones classic - I can't get no satisfaction!

I also like the lyrics to McCartney's silly love songs ...

Plus the logical song.

The possibilities seem endless!

I didn't become aware of the music scene until sometime after 2000. When I was quite young like about six or seven my church had a weeklong seminar against rock'n roll, and we had a burning where people brought rock'n roll music to burn. The neighborhood complained about the plastic smell. Now don't fret, because most people in that church got over that and started listening to music again. I was strongly affected, however, and would not listen to any rock for many years unless I had no option. I held out at least into my early 20's, a very dutiful and dull child.

More recently I watched a film about what the world might be like if the Beetles were erased from existence. It was titled Yesterday. It was very good, and you'd like it. I'll tell you how it starts. There's a talented musician who cannot get his music heard by anyone. Nobody wants to hear him, but one day as he is biking he has an accident placing him in a coma. At the same time a strange energy fluctuation passes over planet earth, erasing the Beatles from existence. When he comes to he is the only person who remembers any of the Beatles' music. Good film.

I have the George Harrison song Got My Mind Set on You. Until I recently I thought it was by Bruce Springsteen. All these years whenever I heard it I thought "That's Bruce Springsteen," but its because I heard a cover of it by Springsteen and was never very aware of the music scene.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I didn't become aware of the music scene until sometime after 2000. When I was quite young like about six or seven my church had a weeklong seminar against rock'n roll, and we had a burning where people brought rock'n roll music to burn. The neighborhood complained about the plastic smell. Now don't fret, because most people in that church got over that and started listening to music again. I was strongly affected, however, and would not listen to any rock for many years unless I had no option. I held out at least into my early 20's, a very dutiful and dull child.

More recently I watched a film about what the world might be like if the Beetles were erased from existence. It was titled Yesterday. It was very good, and you'd like it. I'll tell you how it starts. There's a talented musician who cannot get his music heard by anyone. Nobody wants to hear him, but one day as he is biking he has an accident placing him in a coma. At the same time a strange energy fluctuation passes over planet earth, erasing the Beatles from existence. When he comes to he is the only person who remembers any of the Beatles' music. Good film.

I have the George Harrison song Got My Mind Set on You. Until I recently I thought it was by Bruce Springsteen. All these years whenever I heard it I thought "That's Bruce Springsteen," but its because I heard a cover of it by Springsteen and was never very aware of the music scene.

Thanks for sharing!

You don't need to sell me on the Beatles - I grew up with them - that's how old I am :)

Could nominate 20 or 30 Beatles songs which would be better than any other groups biggest hit.

I love Across the Universe - wasn't a HUGE fan of it initially then it grew on me!

The Beatles - Across The Universe Lyrics | AZLyrics.com

Enjoy the rest of your browsing!