• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone help me create a religious symbol?

tenjen

Hi there. I'm actually into world building (you basically create a fictional world. Think middle earth, forgetten realms, star wars, oceania, etc etc.). I am building a small religion in one of these fake nations, and so I was like "they need a symbol". I want this symbol to be unique to itself, so nothing from Earth really (not copying something here already).

The things I must include are incorporating the number 5 (either as the number itself, or a representation of 5 things) and I would like one big circle. I have tried a pentagram, I am not really liking it.

Anything helps. :)

EDIT: I am going along the lines of a solid circle without many breaks in it (meaning no writing inside of it or anything) but it could work if you have a reallllly good idea. Also, the 5 represents the 5 gods if that helps.

Last edited:

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
You can probably use various numeral fives or a word for 5 in different languages in a large circle.

5, V (Roman), ٥ (Arabic), 五 (Chinese character), ה (Hebrew word), ५ (In Devanagari)

tenjen

You can probably use various numeral fives or a word for 5 in different languages in a large circle.

5, V (Roman), ٥ (Arabic), 五 (Chinese character), ה (Hebrew word), ५ (In Devanagari)
Maybe. I was sort of going along the lines of a solid circle with no breaks at all in it. Because I think that it should be easy to reproduce quickly and without a formal education or anything. (many people are not educated in this world)

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Draw a circle - starting from the center of it, draw five lines, one at a time, radiating out from the center, extending past the edge of the circle.

Try it - it's simple, fast, and looks like the type of symbol people in such a world might quickly scrawl.

A Vestigial Mote

designs5.gif

tenjen

Draw a circle - starting from the center of it, draw five lines, one at a time, radiating out from the center, extending past the edge of the circle.

Try it - it's simple, fast, and looks like the type of symbol people in such a world might quickly scrawl.

Something like this? I think it looks to... idk. just... hm

Attachments

• Drawing (10).png
    Drawing (10).png
    35.8 KB · Views: 0

A Vestigial Mote

Thanks! Two things. First, what program did you use? Second, could you make another and fill the circle in? I just wanna see what it looks like that way. Thanks so much!
I used Flash. Just like the vector drawing tools it has. Super intuitive and easy to use.

And do you mean you want the circle filled with black?

tenjen

I used Flash. Just like the vector drawing tools it has. Super intuitive and easy to use.

And do you mean you want the circle filled with black?
Alright. Sadly I have a crappy Chromebook and can't download anything onto it. Anyways, I was thinking try filling the circle in with black. And then make another where there is something in the center holding the "shards" (I guess) together. Just so I can see. I don't really have that ability to do that on this computer. :/

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hi there. I'm actually into world building (you basically create a fictional world. Think middle earth, forgetten realms, star wars, oceania, etc etc.). I am building a small religion in one of these fake nations, and so I was like "they need a symbol". I want this symbol to be unique to itself, so nothing from Earth really (not copying something here already).

The things I must include are incorporating the number 5 (either as the number itself, or a representation of 5 things) and I would like one big circle. I have tried a pentagram, I am not really liking it.

Anything helps. :)

EDIT: I am going along the lines of a solid circle without many breaks in it (meaning no writing inside of it or anything) but it could work if you have a reallllly good idea. Also, the 5 represents the 5 gods if that helps.
Maybe a broken circle (multicolored ? ) segmented into five equal, or unequal parts spiraling inward.