• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone get me going??

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
(Heh...I think I have one for you...)

@Vinayaka looked across the room and rolled his eyes. He'd been teaching too long, he knew. Once upon a time, a group of obstreperous malcontents throwing insults and paper across the room at each other would simply have been a reason for him to break out his 'teacher voice', cutting through the rebellious air of the room and restoring order in nary a moment.

But these days that seemed like an awful lot of effort to go to. Shouldn't he be respected based on his accomplishments and position? Did he REALLY need to go through this every single day?

Besides, he had a frog in his throat. Yelling didn't seem like a good idea at all. So what to do? He could make an example of the biggest and toughest of them, of course. That worked, sometimes. Cow the rest into submission. The thought of it was exhausting. The day had barely started, and already his thoughts were turning to a warm bed, and a nice sleep.

He saw a half-eaten piece of fruit fly across the room. He heard a screeching noise as a fresh argument erupted. He saw half the room ignoring the mayhem, and instead posting on social media. This was ridiculous.

'All right, all right', he finally yelled, ignoring his croaky voice. 'Can we just get this staff meeting started please?'

The End.
Pretty insightful. Staff meetings were boring as heck with one principal. A buddy and I decided one day to see how many people we could get to yawn by suggestion. I'd half-arsed look at someone and yawn, and that person would often yawn. Our goal was to hit 50% of staff. The buddy kept tack, and I think we got all but 2 or 3. A couple of insightful and observant people caught onto it but said nothing. They could be seen nearly laughing out loud several times. it was a fun staff meeting, but if the principal would have found out where out attention really was, he would have been angry.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Pretty insightful. Staff meetings were boring as heck with one principal. A buddy and I decided one day to see how many people we could get to yawn by suggestion. I'd half-arsed look at someone and yawn, and that person would often yawn. Our goal was to hit 50% of staff. The buddy kept tack, and I think we got all but 2 or 3. A couple of insightful and observant people caught onto it but said nothing. They could be seen nearly laughing out loud several times. it was a fun staff meeting, but if the principal would have found out where out attention really was, he would have been angry.

I mean...I was a teacher for a brief period in my life, so inside knowledge helps.