• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone explain the Trinity please...

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
"I" can't believe anything... What "I" choose to believe will always be a lie. "I" don't teach myself. "I" has been gone to truth. What "anyone" chooses to believe in their own will always be a lie. Our minds are our own worst enemies.
You deny the word of God in favor of your own thoughts. See my post to Katzpur. Seems like you're in the company of cult leaders who thought God spoke directly to them too.

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
We can all read the scriptures that say Jesus is "the son of God"....I just can't find one that says "Jesus is God Almighty"....
REV 4:8 And the four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around and within; and day and night they do not cease to say,
“HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is THE LORD GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS AND WHO IS AND WHO IS TO COME.”

“THE LORD GOD, THE ALMIGHTY –Rev 4:8” if you compare this to “JEHOVAH/LORD OUR ELOHIM/GOD IS ONE/ECHAD JEHOVAH/LORD –Dt 6:4” and “Hallelujah! For the Lord/Jehovah our God/Elohim, the Almighty –Rev 19:6”.

IOW, the word God/Elohim being plural shows that God/Elohim the LORD/JEHOVAH, is more than one, yet is “ONE/ECHAD JEHOVAH” THE ALMIGHTY.

The “TRIHAGION” a threefold repetition of the word holy in Isaiah 6:3 and Rev 4:8 ascribed to God/ELOHIM, as ONE/ECAHD JEHOVAH, the Almighty. Who did John say Isaiah saw in Isaiah’s chapter 6:1?

JN 12:41 These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him.

Isaiah saw the Lord Jesus Christ as the Almighty God in Isaiah’s 6:1.

.can you provide one unambiguous passage that states that states that God himself had to become a human and die? (As if that was even possible or necessary)
Please read and understand John 1:1-18 and the most famous verse in the bible, John 3:16.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
You just proved my point. Others, besides Joseph Smith, who thought God spoke to them personally and gave them new revelations are: David Koresh, Jim Jones, Sun Hui East, Ellen White, Charles Manson, Marshall Applegate, L. Ron Hubbard, Sun Myung Moon, David Berg, Warren Jeffs, and so on.
I proved your point? Don't make me laugh. Why don't you just try addressing my post and telling me why we have 30,000 Christian denominations today? Why did just having a Bible and no apostles and prophets lead to the existence of literally thousands of different Christian denominations -- long, long before any of the people you named ever lived?

These people all claim that God spoke to them personally and apart from the word of God. The result: CULTS
Anyone would would lump Joseph Smith in with Jim Jones, David Koresh and Charles Manson is such a sick, hateful, uninformed excuse of a human being. Joseph Smith never gave his followers cyanide-laced Kool-aid. He never burned them alive. He never told them to break into homes and brutally murder innocent people. You don't like his interpretation of the Bible, that's all. But when it gets right down to it, your ignorance of Mormonism is absolutely appalling.

Bottom line, Katie... Stick to the topic and stop the mudslinging. Try for once to address the points raised and not calling people names. See if you can actually come up with a good answer to my question without demeaning my denomination.

Unification

On this we agree! :)

Throw out the Greek scriptures then. End of the prophets ended at Malachi.
The word "scripture" in all of the New Testament is referring to all of the Hebrew Scriptures. Throw out the Christ being revealed in your hearts then and the Spirit of God being upon you, since God has been brought far below an idolized book, and since nothing has been revealed to you, you doubt others who actually do have the Spirit. Doubt, doubt, doubt. God doesn't speak to mankind anymore, says "mankind." Says, the "dead." Says the ones who mistake the Spirit of God and truth, and spiritual discernment to earthly, literal, and historical lessons. Says, the deceived. Mankind speaks for the Lord now, imagine that. If the bible is your only authority and intercessor to God, there is no hope. Turning to a book over turning to the living Lord within is a grave mistake.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
I proved your point? Don't make me laugh. Why don't you just try addressing my post and telling me why we have 30,000 Christian denominations today? Why did just having a Bible and no apostles and prophets lead to the existence of literally thousands of different Christian denominations -- long, long before any of the people you named ever lived?

Anyone would would lump Joseph Smith in with Jim Jones, David Koresh and Charles Manson is such a sick, hateful, uninformed excuse of a human being. Joseph Smith never gave his followers cyanide-laced Kool-aid. He never burned them alive. He never told them to break into homes and brutally murder innocent people. You don't like his interpretation of the Bible, that's all. But when it gets right down to it, your ignorance of Mormonism is absolutely appalling.

Bottom line, Katie... Stick to the topic and stop the mudslinging. Try for once to address the points raised and not calling people names. See if you can actually come up with a good answer to my question without demeaning my denomination.
I have not called you names. My beef is with the Mormon false religion. If you can't take the heat, get out of the fire. My beliefs come under attack every day on this forum. I don't take it personal. I don't tell you are hateful, sick or an uninformed excuse for a human being because you don't believe Jesus is God or you don't believe in the trinity. You have attacked me personally in your above post. If you don't want to read what I have to say, then don't post to me. Put me on ignore. I really don't care either way.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Throw out the Greek scriptures then. End of the prophets ended at Malachi.
The word "scripture" in all of the New Testament is referring to all of the Hebrew Scriptures. Throw out the Christ being revealed in your hearts then and the Spirit of God being upon you, since God has been brought far below an idolized book, and since nothing has been revealed to you, you doubt others who actually do have the Spirit. Doubt, doubt, doubt. God doesn't speak to mankind anymore, says "mankind." Says, the "dead." Says the ones who mistake the Spirit of God and truth, and spiritual discernment to earthly, literal, and historical lessons. Says, the deceived. Mankind speaks for the Lord now, imagine that. If the bible is your only authority and intercessor to God, there is no hope. Turning to a book over turning to the living Lord within is a grave mistake.
When you throw out the Greek Scriptures, you throw out the teachings of Jesus, His miracles, His resurrection, His ascension, the birth and growth of the church, and a whole host of other things.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep my Bible, all 66 books of it.

moorea944

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

We can determine base on facts, i.e., from the Scriptures, whether a preacher is from God or from the devil, “the father of lies” –see John 8:44.

Let me ask you and all the JW in this thread. Do you believe or acknowledge that the Lord Jesus is God incarnate in human flesh based on John 1:1 “and the Word was God” and John 1:14 “and the Word became flesh”? A simple yes or no

First of all, I'm not JW.

[Do you believe or acknowledge that the Lord Jesus is God incarnate in human flesh based on John 1:1 "and the Word was God" and John 1:14 "and the Word became flesh"?]

Absolutely not!! God is not incarnate in human flesh. Your saying that God changed into Jesus, that's wrong and false doctrine. It is God manifest.

What is the word "Word" in verse one. Should it be in a cap "W"? Is it talking about Jesus or something else.... The word "Word" is LOGOS. It means someones plans, thoughts or reasons. It's not talking about Jesus per ca, it's talking about God. IT's talking about God's Word. His plans, thoughts, reasons. The first few verses are talking about God, then in verse 14, the logos or God's plans become real, they become flesh.

If we start using words like, "carnate" and things like that, we do down a different path. If God changed into Jesus, then there is no God in heaven. He would be down in earth. Or God splits in half, one if heaven and one on earth. Doesnt the bible say that God works "through" His son?

I wish we could all just believe in what the bible says, that God is the God of all and father of all. Jesus is the son of God from the tribe of Judah, from David. I dont understand why we have to "add" words in, like God the son. Oh well.....

Kolibri

Isaiah saw the Lord Jesus Christ as the Almighty God in Isaiah’s 6:1.

I do not know how you figure that. Because the KJV uses Lord instead of LORD? This is one of the 134 places where the Jewish Sopherim altered the original Hebrew text from YHWH to 'Adho-nai'

Gins.Mas The Massorah, by C. D. Ginsburg, Ktav Publishing House, New York, 1975 reprint., Vol. IV, p. 28, § 115, says: “We have seen that in many of these one hundred and thirty-four instances in which the present received text reads Adonaī in accordance with this Massorah, some of the best MSS. and early editions read the Tetragrammaton, and the question arises how did this variation obtain? The explanation is not far to seek. From time immemorial the Jewish canons decreed that the incommunicable name is to be pronounced Adonaī as if it were written אדני [ʼAdho·nai′] instead of יהוה [YHWH]. Nothing was, therefore, more natural for the copyists than to substitute the expression which exhibited the pronunciation for the Tetragrammaton which they were forbiden to pronounce.”

moorea944

try Moffatt “a young woman with child”

wrong “and the Word became flesh” and NOT the gods

Please read and understand post #965
try Moffatt “a young woman with child”

wrong “and the Word became flesh” and NOT the gods

Please read and understand post #965

No one is denying the virgin birth.

1. [try Moffatt "a young woman with child"]

What???

Gods Word becoming flesh,

2. [wrong "and the Word became flesh" and NOT the gods]

What???? Yes, God's Word became flesh..... That's... what I said....

the resurrection and ascention of Jesus. Just Jesus as God. There is only one God, that is Yahweh.

[Please read and understand post #965]

[All these verses here are saying only one thing, and that is, the Lord Jesus Christ is God, the Son of God.]

No they are not. Your saying that. Wait a minute.... Jesus is God, that son of God? Is that suppose to make sense?

[You guys are going to be doing nothing but twisting, altering, adulterating these verses for a very, very long time or just rewrite the whole bible on which you did with your twisted delusional NWT.]

Shouldnt I be saying that to you? You believe that Jesus is actually God....

[Now, tell me who is "inventing/twisting scripture to fill a need of beliefs"?]

Well... you are, actually.....

Unification

When you throw out the Greek Scriptures, you throw out the teachings of Jesus, His miracles, His resurrection, His ascension, the birth and growth of the church, and a whole host of other things.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep my Bible, all 66 books of it.

The Spirit of the Christ was already IN those prophets.

Last edited:

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Nope, wrong again... I never said that Jesus was a sinner. Jesus had the same sin nature as us, but never sinned.

Actually, I think you mean that Jesus, like Adam had ability to sin because of being a free agent. Free will did not make Adam unable to sin, but should have restrained him. Love and respect for his Creator should have been enough to stop him from going down a wrong path.

"Sin nature" is what Adam passed onto his children. This is what Jesus came to die for. His death atones for the life that Adam failed to pass on to them.....all they inherited was a propensity to sin that has plagued humankind all through history. God's own people constantly struggled with sinful inclinations that led them away from obedience to God. Their animal sacrifices gained them temporary forgiveness, but Jesus' sacrifice grants forgiveness for all time, provided that we are truly repentant.

God was working through His son. That's how he could do that. Jesus had to conquer sin. Which he did.
Correct. Jesus demonstrated that even under temptation stronger than that with which Adam was tested, he remained faithful and obedient. Why else would the devil have been permitted to test him?

Jesus got baptised to show God is right. The sin nature has to be put to death in baptism (symbollically).

Well, I believe that you are partially right here. Jesus got baptised to demonstrate publicly that he was presenting himself to God to become "Messiah". This is when he became the "Christ" (anointed one.) The Father anointed Jesus with holy spirit, declared before all that this was his son, and empowered him from that day forward with miraculous abilities.

You are correct.....Jesus' baptism was a symbolic death and resurrection, just as all Christians must undergo. We too must die to our former selfish desires and be raised to do the will of God first in our lives.
It is Jesus blood that cleanses us from sin, not our baptism. Our baptism is also a public display to demonstrate before all that we have made a commitment to become a footstep follower of our Master.

Just keep in mind.... only the custom-written NWT that no one else uses (hint) tells us that Jesus is God.
This is confusing.......:confused:
Could I just get you to demonstrate how the NWT is "custom written" to tell us "that Jesus is God" when we don't believe that he is? :p

I would really like to see some evidence that the NWT is anything but the most accurate translation in keeping with the original language text. It is free from trinitarian bias and is careful to identify the true God in passages where he got lost in the ambiguous title "LORD".

We went back to the original texts and started from scratch for the simple reason that Christendom's Bible translations are full of bias towards their own doctrines....the very thing they accuse us of doing. :rolleyes:

Jesus and his Father are two completely separate individuals who are not equal, and never have been. The holy spirit is not and never has been a third part of a trinity.

Unification

First of all, I'm not JW.

[Do you believe or acknowledge that the Lord Jesus is God incarnate in human flesh based on John 1:1 "and the Word was God" and John 1:14 "and the Word became flesh"?]

Absolutely not!! God is not incarnate in human flesh. Your saying that God changed into Jesus, that's wrong and false doctrine. It is God manifest.

What is the word "Word" in verse one. Should it be in a cap "W"? Is it talking about Jesus or something else.... The word "Word" is LOGOS. It means someones plans, thoughts or reasons. It's not talking about Jesus per ca, it's talking about God. IT's talking about God's Word. His plans, thoughts, reasons. The first few verses are talking about God, then in verse 14, the logos or God's plans become real, they become flesh.

If we start using words like, "carnate" and things like that, we do down a different path. If God changed into Jesus, then there is no God in heaven. He would be down in earth. Or God splits in half, one if heaven and one on earth. Doesnt the bible say that God works "through" His son?

I wish we could all just believe in what the bible says, that God is the God of all and father of all. Jesus is the son of God from the tribe of Judah, from David. I dont understand why we have to "add" words in, like God the son. Oh well.....

When you refer to God's thoughts, reasonings, spoken words revealed to an individual, wouldn't that make the Christ those thoughts, reasonings, and spoken word to an individual? Wouldn't those thoughts/reasonings/spoken words be Jesus Christ.... The light revealed inside of an individual? Wouldn't that make Jesus Christ "wisdom, knowledge, understanding, and truth revealed to an individual in their flesh-us, and not a fleshly single human individual physically conquering but spiritually conquering in our flesh? If God's thoughts, reasoning, truth, wisdom, knowledge, and understanding did NOT come inside of an individual's flesh, would that then be the spirit of the antichrist.... ? The Christ is the truth and the life, not the myth and the life. the Word of God is the Son of God, the Word of God is Jesus Christ. God with us and God saving us. The bright shining of light in our heads and hearts. Not an individual fleshly figure up in the sky. Has the reasoning, wisdom, truth, spoken words of God come in your flesh, minds, hearts, and souls? Or are you still worshipping a myth, a lie, the image of the beast (flesh)? I'm not speaking this to you personally, Moore, but to everyone here since you brought up precisely the truth and I'm unsure if you see it.

Unification

Actually, I think you mean that Jesus, like Adam had ability to sin because of being a free agent. Free will did not make Adam unable to sin, but should have restrained him. Love and respect for his Creator should have been enough to stop him from going down a wrong path.

"Sin nature" is what Adam passed onto his children. This is what Jesus came to die for. His death atones for the life that Adam failed to pass on to them.....all they inherited was a propensity to sin that has plagued humankind all through history. God's own people constantly struggled with sinful inclinations that led them away from obedience to God. Their animal sacrifices gained them temporary forgiveness, but Jesus' sacrifice grants forgiveness for all time, provided that we are truly repentant.

Correct. Jesus demonstrated that even under temptation stronger than that with which Adam was tested, he remained faithful and obedient. Why else would the devil have been permitted to test him?

Well, I believe that you are partially right here. Jesus got baptised to demonstrate publicly that he was presenting himself to God to become "Messiah". This is when he became the "Christ" (anointed one.) The Father anointed Jesus with holy spirit, declared before all that this was his son, and empowered him from that day forward with miraculous abilities.

You are correct.....Jesus' baptism was a symbolic death and resurrection, just as all Christians must undergo. We too must die to our former selfish desires and be raised to do the will of God first in our lives.
It is Jesus blood that cleanses us from sin, not our baptism. Our baptism is also a public display to demonstrate before all that we have made a commitment to become a footstep follower of our Master.

This is confusing.......:confused:
Could I just get you to demonstrate how the NWT is "custom written" to tell us "that Jesus is God" when we don't believe that he is? :p

I would really like to see some evidence that the NWT is anything but the most accurate translation in keeping with the original language text. It is free from trinitarian bias and is careful to identify the true God in passages where he got lost in the ambiguous title "LORD".

We went back to the original texts and started from scratch for the simple reason that Christendom's Bible translations are full of bias towards their own doctrines....the very thing they accuse us of doing. :rolleyes:

Jesus and his Father are two completely separate individuals who are not equal, and never have been. The holy spirit is not and never has been a third part of a trinity.

If the truth has taught you in Spirit, you would clearly see that Adam, Eve, and the serpent are one individual, and that a true witness of Jehovah is of spirit, not history and earthly, natural wisdom taught by their own carnal mind and other carnal minds controlling mankind.

Kolibri

Shaking my head in disgust. You gave an assignment? Wow, you sure do seem full of yourself today. LOL

"For although by now you should be teachers,...." - Hebrews 5:12

All students need to know their material enough to teach eventually. In fact it can be said that you really do not know your subject matter until you have had to express it to others.