• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can somebody explain this?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Try going on Wikipedia and choose something. Then do the following - click the first embedded link in the main text and then so again for the next text.
Here I start with K-pop:
K-pop - Wikipedia and end with philosophy
Ant - Wikipedia and end with knowledge, a part of a series on philosophy.
Mahatma Gandhi - Wikipedia and end in epistemology, a part of a series on philosophy.

Now this is not my observation. I just tried 3 examples. The claim is that all the entries end in philosophy using the rule above.
Rule - Wikipedia and you guessed, right! Knowledge, a part of a series on philosophy.

Here is my explanation and it is not that everything is philosophy. Rather it is this: When you explain a word, you use other words and all words in the end connect to how we understand and that ends in philosophy, because we end with - How is it known? And for better or worse, that is philosophy.

Regards
Mikkel

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Try going on Wikipedia and choose something. Then do the following - click the first embedded link in the main text and then so again for the next text.
Here I start with K-pop:
Mahatma Gandhi - Wikipedia and end in epistemology, a part of a series on philosophy.

Now this is not my observation. I just tried 3 examples. The claim is that all the entries end in philosophy using the rule above.
Rule - Wikipedia and you guessed, right! Knowledge, a part of a series on philosophy.

Here is my explanation and it is not that everything is philosophy. Rather it is this: When you explain a word, you use other words and all words in the end connect to how we understand and that ends in philosophy, because we end with - How is it known? And for better or worse, that is philosophy.

Regards
Mikkel

I tried the first Wiki page that came up in my bookmarks: Comparison of codices Sinaiticus and Vaticanus - Wikipedia

That leads to: Codex Sinaiticus - Wikipedia

And that leads to: Greek language - Wikipedia

My most recent Wiki search in my history was for: Freedom fries - Wikipedia

That leads to: List of politically motivated renamings - Wikipedia

And that leads to: World War I - Wikipedia

It doesn't exactly work out as billed, but I see where you're going, and it was a fun exercise. :)

LightofTruth

Here I start with K-pop:

Regards
Mikkel
It's too bad they took the study of philosophy and logic out of required education. At least mathematics is still required

history of philosophy frederick copleston - Google Search

An excellent read

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I tried the first Wiki page that came up in my bookmarks: Comparison of codices Sinaiticus and Vaticanus - Wikipedia

That leads to: Codex Sinaiticus - Wikipedia

And that leads to: Greek language - Wikipedia

My most recent Wiki search in my history was for: Freedom fries - Wikipedia

That leads to: List of politically motivated renamings - Wikipedia

And that leads to: World War I - Wikipedia

It doesn't exactly work out as billed, but I see where you're going, and it was a fun exercise. :)

I figure it out.
You are in "m" Comparison of codices Sinaiticus and Vaticanus - Wikipedia I.e. en.m.wiki...
If you switch to en.wikipedia.org and only do first link not in a parents as for the main text, you even for
Comparison of codices Sinaiticus and Vaticanus end with philosophy.

So you tested it and it doesn't work in en.m.wikipedia but it works for the non-mobile version.

Good day - I learned something fun.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
War of the Roses >> English Civil Wars >> Civil War >> War Studies >> Interdisciplinary >> Academic Disciplines >> Knowledge (which is Philosophy)

Neanderthal >> Species >> Biology >> Natural Science >> Branch >> science >> Knowledge (philosophy)

Hmmm....I propose that taking the *second* links will inevitably lead to biology.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Here I start with K-pop:

Regards
Mikkel
Cool! I went from Fundamentalist christianity stuff to Hermeneutics in just a few clicks.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
War of the Roses >> English Civil Wars >> Civil War >> War Studies >> Interdisciplinary >> Academic Disciplines >> Knowledge (which is Philosophy)

Neanderthal >> Species >> Biology >> Natural Science >> Branch >> science >> Knowledge (philosophy)

Hmmm....I propose that taking the *second* links will inevitably lead to biology.

No, because biology leads to science which leads to knowledge, which is what? ;)