• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

can some interprete the unforgivable sin?

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
First, the relevant Scripture:

The Lord said, “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.” (Matt. 12:30-37)

The unforgivable sin is to turn away from God, to not repent, and to not seek forgiveness for our sins. God is willing to forgive any sin we commit, so long as we come back to Him and repent. But if we fail to repent, then we refuse to accept God's forgiveness. In doing so, we willfully cut ourselves off from God.

If we blaspheme the Holy Spirit, Who leads us into all truth and washes away our sins, then we reject Truth, and we reject the offer to be cleansed of sin. And as long as we stay so hard-hearted, we cannot be forgiven--not because God is unwilling to forgive us, but because we refuse to be forgiven.