• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can science disprove the existence of God?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I like bananas, it must be true. They don't really say anything other than make an authoritative statement they expect us to regard as truth. I don't believe it. It's a mountain of BS piled onto the original BS that Darwin dreamed up. As we can see, humans produce human offspring everytime. The evidence supports that we originated as humans, created by God, fully human.
Amazing that you could read all that information AND understand it in less than seven minutes.

bnabernard

Nature has no need of a book to know the law, the grass will grow, the birds will fly south, once the lion has its food the herd will carry on grazing,
Is it a wonder that gods were made by men when they determined results to a happening, a sun god a sea god, a god of the air, elements at work in the law,
Science discovers the workings of law, the more we learn the less we know, why do protons interact faster than the speed of light, the law? How do they know to interact, the power behind the law, the thought process?

bnabernard

I'me amused at how we are supposed to have evolved from monkeys under our own steam yet a monkey trained and with man as his example still doesn't sit down and read the paper with his morning coffee

ArtieE

As we can see, humans produce human offspring everytime. The evidence supports that we originated as humans, created by God, fully human.
As we can see, we come from our parents and they came from their parents and they came from their parents. Nowhere do we see God creating anything. The evidence so far supports that we all come from natural parents.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
If that was true God wouldn't mind if people worshipped creation or created things, but he does. And the divided mind is the result of sin entering the world.
I agree that the divided mind is the result of sin entering the world, but I do not understand what it is I said that you disagree with. Could you point out my precise words that imply God not forbidding worship of anything but God?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I agree that the divided mind is the result of sin entering the world, but I do not understand what it is I said that you disagree with. Could you point out my precise words that imply God not forbidding worship of anything but God?

You wrote Or is what you imagine the law to be.... God?. God is not divided, so all apparent attributes....time, space, energy, matter, order, awareness, etc., are merely aspects of an indivisible oneness that only appears as separate characteristics when perceived by the dualistic mind of mankind,

So it appears you wrote that there is a oneness between God and his creation. And if creation is one with God then you could worship all of creation, calling it God. But you not supposed to worship things like the sun moon and stars or time space energy matter order or awareness. If you do it's called pantheism. Funny that the root word of pantheism is Pan, the goat man creature.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
As we can see, we come from our parents and they came from their parents and they came from their parents. Nowhere do we see God creating anything. The evidence so far supports that we all come from natural parents.
Correct, but there must be an origin for the first set of natural parents. Seeing that we all come from human natural parents, logic should tell us the original man and woman were human. We have never seen anything to the contrary of humans producing human offspring. Yet your quick to believe people saying man came from monkeys.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You wrote Or is what you imagine the law to be.... God?. God is not divided, so all apparent attributes....time, space, energy, matter, order, awareness, etc., are merely aspects of an indivisible oneness that only appears as separate characteristics when perceived by the dualistic mind of mankind,

So it appears you wrote that there is a oneness between God and his creation. And if creation is one with God then you could worship all of creation, calling it God. But you not supposed to worship things like the sun moon and stars or time space energy matter order or awareness. If you do it's called pantheism. Funny that the root word of pantheism is Pan, the goat man creature.
What I meant is that the law of God is an indivisible aspect of God, not something separate. The human worship of a secondary aspect of God is not the same thing as worshiping the One God...the former is the error resulting from the 'eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil', the latter leads to the correction of that error and redemption.

Btw, 'pan' means 'all', and pantheism is religion devoted to the one that is all.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
What I meant is that the law of God is an indivisible aspect of God, not something separate. The human worship of a secondary aspect of God is not the same thing as worshiping the One God...the former is the error resulting from the 'eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil', the latter leads to the correction of that error and redemption.

Btw, 'pan' means 'all', and pantheism is religion devoted to the one that is all.

You blur the lines between God and creation, and Oneness God right out of existence. The law of God comes from God, but God can change his laws whenever he wants to, so the law of God is divisible from God if God wants it that way.

Pantheism- a doctrine that identifies God with the universe, or regards the universe as a manifestation of God.

The universe is not a manifestation of God, it is a creation of Gods' doing.

Dueteronomy 4:19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars--all the heavenly array--do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven.

Do you think the Lord apportions God?

Pan does mean all, thanks for the info there.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You blur the lines between God and creation, and Oneness God right out of existence. The law of God comes from God, but God can change his laws whenever he wants to, so the law of God is divisible from God if God wants it that way.

Pantheism- a doctrine that identifies God with the universe, or regards the universe as a manifestation of God.

The universe is not a manifestation of God, it is a creation of Gods' doing.

Dueteronomy 4:19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars--all the heavenly array--do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven.

Do you think the Lord apportions God?

Pan does mean all, thanks for the info there.
There is no line to blur, except that created by the divided mind of man. We agree that the divided mind is the result of sin entering the world, so what was the biblical event that was the cause of the Adamic mind to develop a dualisitc nature?

Btw, your Greek needs a brush up....

Pan ... Combining form meaning “all,” occurring originally in loanwords from Greek ( panacea; panoply), but now used freely as a general formative ( panleukopenia; panorama; pantelegraph; pantheism; pantonality)

ArtieE

Correct, but there must be an origin for the first set of natural parents. Seeing that we all come from human natural parents, logic should tell us the original man and woman were human. We have never seen anything to the contrary of humans producing human offspring. Yet your quick to believe people saying man came from monkeys.
Human DNA goes through at least 30 to 50 changes per generation possibly more.This generation of humans is different from the previous generation. That generation was different from the previous generation. And so on. When you go back many generations and millions of years it's hardly surprising that their DNA is significantly different from the DNA of this generation. That's just logical.

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
There is no line to blur, except that created by the divided mind of man. We agree that the divided mind is the result of sin entering the world, so what was the biblical event that was the cause of the Adamic mind to develop a dualisitc nature?

Btw, your Greek needs a brush up....

Pan ... Combining form meaning “all,” occurring originally in loanwords from Greek ( panacea; panoply), but now used freely as a general formative ( panleukopenia; panorama; pantelegraph; pantheism; pantonality)

Since you have a divided mind how are your sure the blurred line is not your own?

I have scripture to support my beliefs.
Exodus 3:4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am."

Clearly God is not the bush. Neither is God Moses, God is God.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Human DNA goes through at least 30 to 50 changes per generation possibly more.This generation of humans is different from the previous generation. That generation was different from the previous generation. And so on. When you go back many generations and millions of years it's hardly surprising that their DNA is significantly different from the DNA of this generation. That's just logical.
That just means we don't look like clones. It's not logical that humans crossed any lines from another species. There is no evidence of that ever happening. There are people with monkey bones saying look at these humans remains.

bnabernard

Separate yet one, nothing and something, everything is full of nothing just as nothing is full of something.
how would an atom look without nothing, and it's continuous, where does it start and where does it end?