• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Science be Used to say.?....God is NOT Life

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
All i need is common sense.

God is the cause of what we call life, but yes, science is slowly acknowledging the Upanishadic Truths (axioms)

exchemist

Veteran Member
And getting a meaningful working definition of god is even worse
Yes very difficult, as no two religions quite agree.

But whatever religion one chooses, no definition of God results in objectively observable consequences in the physical world. That makes God a non-scientific idea.

Audie

Veteran Member

pearl

Science cannot be used to say anything about God, as God is not a term with any scientific meaning.

It is hard enough to come with an unambiguous scientific definition of "life".

I think science is limited to acknowledging that God is not necessary for life, otherwise science strays into the field of theology.

Audie

Veteran Member
I think science is limited to acknowledging that God is not necessary for life, otherwise science strays into the field of theology.

Please explain.

"God" has nothing to do with science.

Its only discussed when someone tries
to inject "god" or magic of any sort into
science.

Likewise with politics, which people
also try to involve in science.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
well if you can't define life.....how then to define the Source?

The source is unknown. Science is a belief system. So is your religion. As long as you don't claim Objective Authority over the meaning of life and let the rest of humanity figure out how they individually do the meaning of life, you are okay. Because there is no objective answer to that, neither with science nor religion. Nor philosophy for that matter.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Yes very difficult, as no two religions quite agree.

But whatever religion one chooses, no definition of God results in objectively observable consequences in the physical world. That makes God a non-scientific idea.

Well, the subjective belief in God can lead to objectively observable consequences in the physical world.