• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Satan Defeat God

Can Satan Defeat God?

• Total voters

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
nutshell said:
I agree with what you're saying, but YOU don't think "Satan" helps US with our decisions?

He may place the thoughts and doubts in our heads...he may even have the ability to place obstacles before us...but the whole "The Devil Made me do it" spiel just doesn't fly.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Satan has no power over you. None. He is nothing compared to you. He is nothing compared to a speck of dirt. At least a speck of dirt abides by it's purpose.

He is not even a leader, he is a traitor and a follower.

Don't use him as an excuse for anyone.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hey, all, I think I understand now what I was struggling with before. Should I move this to the 'same faith' debates section, so that the existence and character of the god and Satan in question are established?

Booko

Deviled Hen
~Lord Roghen~ said:
I personnaly dont believe it possible, but if you think about satan being gods highest spiritual being at the time, he could influence the power of the divine and reverse it back at god, taking his place.(god knows what that could do to the physical universe).

I voted no, because non-existent entities cannot defeat God.

My answer when I was an atheist:
I voted no, because non-existent entities can't even fight.

nutshell

dawny0826 said:
He may place the thoughts and doubts in our heads...he may even have the ability to place obstacles before us...but the whole "The Devil Made me do it" spiel just doesn't fly.

"The Devil made me do it" is a separate argument. Nothing I've said implies this argument and I don't believe it either.

Maxist

According to Christianity it will happen. The anti-Christ will reighn on the world of men for seven years, afterwhich Jesus Christ will rule for two thousand years. Is that not the reighn of Satan Itself? Satan is possessing the Anti-Christ!

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
They say the pupil will always pass his master..

I vote No. I think he would allready have done it.
Then again, why would he? it would take away his fun..

Adstar

satan has lost. But satan can try his best to ensure as many people as possible are lost with him. satan is like a suicide bomber, he knows he is going to die his only motivation is to take as many with him when he goes. So satan can defeat people who reject the Love of the truth. The Messiah Jesus. But satan can never defeat God or those who love the truth and have accepted Jesus. Jesus already defeated satan with his death and resurrection. The only question is who of us will goin the victor and who will join the looser.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Ðanisty

I voted "Yes, but it would be very hard." I am under no delusion that this would be a difficult task. However, I make a habit of cheering for the underdog and in this case, actually playing for his team.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Ðanisty said:
I voted "Yes, but it would be very hard." I am under no delusion that this would be a difficult task. However, I make a habit of cheering for the underdog and in this case, actually playing for his team.

Bring it on....Knockout

Ðanisty

Victor said:
Bring it on....Knockout
Lol...I assume you're joking. You and I have no reason to personally fight one another. If we do cross when the time comes though, you can count on me giving you my personal best. :)

Ori

Angel slayer
It could go either way, it all depends on us.

Frankly I don't think we're doing so well at the moment, if we've ever done that well at all.

open_mind

this thread really has no meaning.
if anyone has a 1% hesitation about the fact that there is no chance of facing God,then he doesn't know who is God.
if all creatures including mankind united together with the assistance of the (powerless) satan and decided to give it a shot against their creator,they will not even bother him !!
the least he can do is just tell them DIE,and simply create others as a replacement if he wants
can't you see that God has no problems doing anything he wants?!

Nehustan

On no I just read the quuestion wrong and answered 'yes easily'....eeeek

I meant the say the opposite, astagfir Allah. I was going to qualify my answer, so given I made such an error I better do it pretty fast. Allah sustains and supports our world/creation (i.e. the first heaven) and the other worlds. He is beyond creation not dependent upon, whereas Iblis is a creation and thus within creation. Iblis is dependent on being 'created' thus dependent on Allah. Allah is not dependent on Iblis. So Iblis cannot defeat Allah as he is totally dependent upon him (as all creation), whereas Allah is independent from his creation nor is he supported by it. So I guess my qualified answer is Allah can't lose, and in this battle Iblis cannot win. There are no grades of answer.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
evearael said:
No. As Jewscout put it... Satan is God's *****. Satan follows God's orders, nothing more.

how very true...i picture HaSatan as being joe pesci from "goodfellas"
MobMovies_2.jpg

Squirt

Adstar said:
satan has lost. But satan can try his best to ensure as many people as possible are lost with him. satan is like a suicide bomber, he knows he is going to die his only motivation is to take as many with him when he goes.
That's a good analogy. I like that.