• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Satan Defeat God

Can Satan Defeat God?

• Total voters

ΩRôghênΩ

Disciple of Light
:seesaw: :seesaw: :seesaw: :seesaw:

I personnaly dont believe it possible, but if you think about satan being gods highest spiritual being at the time, he could influence the power of the divine and reverse it back at god, taking his place.(god knows what that could do to the physical universe).

Squirt

~Lord Roghen~ said:
I personnaly dont believe it possible, but if you think about satan being gods highest spiritual being at the time, he could influence the power of the divine and reverse it back at god, taking his place.(god knows what that could do to the physical universe).
I voted 'No' because I believe that Satan only has as much power a God has chosen to give him.

turk179

I smell something....
I voted yes but it would be very difficult, but obviously my thoughts on heaven and hell and the people that rule those plains of existence are questionable.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Comparing Lucifer to God is like comparing an ant to the sun.

God created the universe and set forth that which came into being. Lucifer was of the initial angels, more powerful than those that followed but still just an ant.

Fluffy

A fool

I think there is a point at which conjecture no longer becomes meaningful... I guess it would seem that way to me since I don't know anything about satan (I don't even believe he exists independent from god) and I know very little about god. Talking about how satan would go about beating god goes way past this point.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
There's no way a created being could beat the creator. Maybe in a game.....but never in this case.

But, it doesn't stop Satan from wrecking all that he can on his way down........

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Actually, according to the Bible...Satan will BE defeated and destroyed. And Christians are already victorious over Satan when they accept Christ as their Saviour...the only thing that Satan has on us is the ability to do all he can to make us forget that.

literal visionary

First of all, humans are more powerful entities than satan because its not like anybodies seen him so he has to do his work through people that will work for him.....

We have more power than him to change the world

finalfrogo

~Lord Roghen~ said:

Unless it was in God's divine plan, Satan could not defeat God. Although Lucifer was God's highest spiritual being, he still would be no match for God, because God is omniscient and all-powerful. :highfive:

nutshell

I voted No and I'm not going to change my answer, but in a very real way, Satan defeats God every time an individual chooses not to accept Christ as their Savior.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
nutshell said:
I voted No and I'm not going to change my answer, but in a very real way, Satan defeats God every time an individual chooses not to accept Christ as their Savior.

Or maybe...WE'VE simply allowed OURSELVES to be defeated.

literal visionary

Or maybe...WE'VE simply allowed OURSELVES to be defeated.

I agree people have to be responsible for their actions, satan cant make anybody do anything,

and as long as there are christians spreading the word of God, and there is hope for the world, Satan can never defeat God.

nutshell

literal visionary said:
no he just gives us the idea, we are the ones who ultimately make any decision

but as you said, he gives us the idea. If we act on an idea that satan has placed in our minds then does that not give him some measure of success over God?