• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can people in heaven hear what we are saying?Question for all Jehovah's Witnesses

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
We're in angels dancing n a pin head territory here!
btw You shouldn't quote Bible verses to atheists. They mean nothing to us, would you like some Richard Dawkins' quotes?
I'd reply to Dawkins too :)

I don't usually quote verses but site as to where that Bible information is found.
Bible verses don't have to mean anything but they are also warning verses.
Simple: repent of wrongdoing if one does Not want to perish/be destroyed.
As an atheist one should be able to see how vast religious corruption is including terrorism.
With a trouble-filled economy it would be easy to take away the $$$$$$$ wealth from corrupted religion.
So, what is to stop the powers in charge to go up against corrupted religion ______________
Even could be easy taking their $$$$$$$ through the banking systems.
So, brace yourself as the political somehow surprisingly topples the hypocritical religious world.

kjw47

Unless you are speaking of Enoch and Elijah, there are no people in heaven. As for God, he does not listen to the prayers of the sinner. When "people" die, they go to the grave (Jeremiah 31:30), where they can neither hear or speak.

Not one entered heaven before Jesus. There are 3 types of heaven mentioned in the bible
1) our atmosphere
2) outer space
3) heaven where God dwells.

Elijah went through our atmosphere. 2Chronicles 21:12-15-- Elijah writes a letter to the king.( this was 10 years after the chariot event) He was retired that is all, he did not enter where God dwells. Enoch did not either

Frank Goad

Not one entered heaven before Jesus. There are 3 types of heaven mentioned in the bible
1) our atmosphere
2) outer space

Elijah went through our atmosphere. 2Chronicles 21:12-15-- Elijah writes a letter to the king.( this was 10 years after the chariot event) He was retired that is all, he did not enter where God dwells. Enoch did not either

Why did they bring up the idea then?:):confused:

kjw47

Why did they bring up the idea then?:):confused:

Because i showed you many x heavens with an s is used
1) our atmosphere--took Elijah somewhere else-He wrote a letter to the king 10 years after that incident. On earth not heaven.
2) outer space is referred to as heaven as well.
3) Gods dwelling place.

Frank Goad

Matthew 27:46-50
King James Version

46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

47 Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias.

48 And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.

49 The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him.

50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

I got this from Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 27:46-50 - King James Version

I wrote this so you could put it into focus more.:)

2ndpillar

1) our atmosphere
2) outer space

Have you been to heaven to check? As for where God dwells, that would be in the hearts of the anointed. That is why Yeshua had to go to heaven so he could send the Comforter, the Spirit of God. The two witnesses of Revelation 11:3, included Elijah, as John the Baptist. For Elijah never died. The two witnesses are the "two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth" (Revelation 11:4). They can have fire devour their enemies, and the power to shut up the skies, as demonstrated by Elijah (Revelation 11:6 & James 5:17). Yeshua, as king in Jerusalem, will have the same power (Zechariah 14:16-18). If the two witnesses are before "the God of the earth", then they are in heaven. And Elijah proceeded Yeshua, and as Elijah being righteous, his prayers were answered. (James 5:17-18).

kjw47

Have you been to heaven to check? As for where God dwells, that would be in the hearts of the anointed. That is why Yeshua had to go to heaven so he could send the Comforter, the Spirit of God. The two witnesses of Revelation 11:3, included Elijah, as John the Baptist. For Elijah never died. The two witnesses are the "two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth" (Revelation 11:4). They can have fire devour their enemies, and the power to shut up the skies, as demonstrated by Elijah (Revelation 11:6 & James 5:17). Yeshua, as king in Jerusalem, will have the same power (Zechariah 14:16-18). If the two witnesses are before "the God of the earth", then they are in heaven. And Elijah proceeded Yeshua, and as Elijah being righteous, his prayers were answered. (James 5:17-18).

The NT assures not one entered heaven before Jesus.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I doubt heaven would be much fun it they could hear the anguished cries from the folks still stuck on Earth. It'd be kind of depressing.

I am not sure fun is the right word. Heaven is about peace and rest and at present there is no peace on earth except in the hearts of believers.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think they can, sometimes I go and talk to my family who are dead, and it feels sweet or once I got help after

I believe that is wishful thinking. Sometimes family members don't leave right away so there could be some sense of their presence until they leave.
I believe help comes from the Lord.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I think they might.Because of Matthew 27:46-50:)
People in heaven Frank? :(
Who went to heaven before Jesus did?
According to the scriptures, no one.
(John 3:13) . . .no man has ascended into heaven but the one who descended from heaven, the Son of man. . .
(Hebrews 6:19, 20) 19We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, both sure and firm, and it enters in within the curtain, 20where a forerunner has entered in our behalf, Jesus. . .
(Hebrews 10:19, 20) 19 Therefore, brothers, since we have boldness for the way of entry into the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20which he opened up for us as a new and living way through the curtain, that is, his flesh. . .

Prior to Jesus ascension, no one has gone to heaven.
Do you accept this Bible teaching, Frank?
Sorry for the late response. Haven't been around frequently, of late. :)

kjw47

I am not sure fun is the right word. Heaven is about peace and rest and at present there is no peace on earth except in the hearts of believers.

There will be peace forever on earth when Gods kingdom is in full control. Gods kingdom rule will be a cure all, no resident will ever say i am sick, No mourning, outcry, or pain, even death will be no more. Never without. No wars, hatred, cancer, aids, cheating on a mate, etc, etc, etc, all the way down the line. And this bible truth-Psalm 37:29, The righteous will possess the EARTH and reside forever upon it backed by Jesus-Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth.-- so no not all are going to heaven as false teachers teach-these teachers-2Corinthians 11:12-15

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Unless you are speaking of Enoch and Elijah, there are no people in heaven. As for God, he does not listen to the prayers of the sinner. When "people" die, they go to the grave (Jeremiah 31:30), where they can neither hear or speak.

But to which heaven did they ascend ? ___________
In the Bible there is God's heavenly home, and there is the mid-heavens where birds fly plus governmental heavens in the Scriptures.

Think about this: Elijah was just transferred through the atmospheric heavens and just relocated on Earth.
Please note that Elijah was still alive on Earth years later when Elijah wrote a letter to the king - 2 Chronicles 21:1; 2 Chronicles 21:12-15.
Jesus confirms this by his words found at John 3:13. Jesus was the first to be resurrected.

Thus, also Enoch would also be part of John 3:13.
God did Not allow enemies to kill Enoch.
As with Moses, God simply cut short Enoch's life.

No one listed in the 11th chapter of Hebrews has gone to heaven <- Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39.
Their resurrection is still future as the 'future tense' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that ' there is going to be ' a resurrection.....

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

I find Heaven is about having work to do, jobs to do according to Revelation 5:9-10.
I read about performing two (2) jobs for a thousand years.
1 ) people resurrected to Heaven will serve with Jesus as: kings.
2 ) people resurrected to Heaven will serve with Jesus as: priests.
These people called to Heaven are like the people of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18.

Those governing over Earth as 'kings' will take care of governmental responsibilities towards people living on Earth.
Those with 'priestly duties' will take care of spiritual responsibilities towards people living on Earth.
Then, there will be literal Peace on Earth towards men of good will because Jesus is: Prince of Peace.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.......You shouldn't quote Bible verses to atheists. They mean nothing to us,.........

In the late 60's an atheist took me on a small tour of the United Nations.
He wanted me to explain the Isaiah Wall at the United Nation's Plaza.
Any thoughts about the New statue at the United Nations ____________

Altfish

Veteran Member
In the late 60's an atheist took me on a small tour of the United Nations.
He wanted me to explain the Isaiah Wall at the United Nation's Plaza.
Any thoughts about the New statue at the United Nations ____________
Not a clue what it is?

2ndpillar

But to which heaven did they ascend ? ___________
In the Bible there is God's heavenly home, and there is the mid-heavens where birds fly plus governmental heavens in the Scriptures.

Think about this: Elijah was just transferred through the atmospheric heavens and just relocated on Earth.
Please note that Elijah was still alive on Earth years later when Elijah wrote a letter to the king - 2 Chronicles 21:1; 2 Chronicles 21:12-15.
Jesus confirms this by his words found at John 3:13. Jesus was the first to be resurrected.

Thus, also Enoch would also be part of John 3:13.
God did Not allow enemies to kill Enoch.
As with Moses, God simply cut short Enoch's life.

No one listed in the 11th chapter of Hebrews has gone to heaven <- Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39.
Their resurrection is still future as the 'future tense' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that ' there is going to be ' a resurrection.....

Well as far as Hebrews and Acts, no one even knows who wrote those, which kind of puts them in the category of the traditions of men. As for as two witnesses of Revelation 11:4, they stand before the "lord of the earth", who apparently is in a heaven above the birds. As for "Jesus being the first to be resurrected", that kind of is not true. Elijah rose people from the dead, as well Yeshua raising his friend Lazarus from the dead. As for ascending and descending from heaven (John 3:13), that would include Elijah as John, which would leave Enoch, a son of man.

Bree

I think they might.Because of Matthew 27:46-50:)

Eccl 9:5 For the living know* that they will die,+ but the dead know nothing at all,+ nor do they have any more reward,* because all memory of them is forgotten.+ 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun.+

in truth, No.

Muffled

Jesus in me
There will be peace forever on earth when Gods kingdom is in full control. Gods kingdom rule will be a cure all, no resident will ever say i am sick, No mourning, outcry, or pain, even death will be no more. Never without. No wars, hatred, cancer, aids, cheating on a mate, etc, etc, etc, all the way down the line. And this bible truth-Psalm 37:29, The righteous will possess the EARTH and reside forever upon it backed by Jesus-Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth.-- so no not all are going to heaven as false teachers teach-these teachers-2Corinthians 11:12-15

I don't believe the teachers are being false from evil desires. I believe it is just easier for them to interpret scriptures in a way that comforts people.

I believe they do not see everyone going to Heaven since they think there are people going to Hell. I have heard beliefs expressed about eternal life on earth so it is not just a JW thing.