• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can outsiders learn from Sufism?

.lava

Veteran Member
lots of difference, even some muslims say sufism is unislamic and some sufis say shariah law is non-sense. Sufis are open minded, and has many practices which are unislamic.

Is sufism not part of Islam?

here we go :D

Sharia is not nonsense. Sharia that's written in Qur'an is from God and all Muslims should follow it. if one was willing to ignore Qur'an and still call himself Muslim, that is what i would call nonsense.

btw if some who call themselves Sufi, say Sharia is nonsense then it is quite natural Muslims calling them unIslamic.

nameless

The Creator
here we go :D

Sharia is not nonsense. Sharia that's written in Qur'an is from God and all Muslims should follow it. if one was willing to ignore Qur'an and still call himself Muslim, that is what i would call nonsense.

btw if some who call themselves Sufi, say Sharia is nonsense then it is quite natural Muslims calling them unIslamic.

oh yes, that is what me trying to say all this time, sufism is not part of islam !!!

.lava

Veteran Member
oh yes, that is what me trying to say all this time, sufism is not part of islam !!!

Sufism is considered as mystic Islam. anyone who follows Qur'an and Sunnah would know there can not be real path that leads to Allah if it was not mystic.

also, if there are some people left the right path and still call themselves Sufi would not change the fact that root of Islam remain as original.

go check out the net, you may find some Muslims who perform salaat before a man named Sai Baba. anyone would know that Muslim turn to Ka'ba and perform salaat. but it is a fact that there are Muslims who left Qur'an and do things against Islam. yet that would nt change the facts on true path written and explained in Qur'an.

nameless

The Creator
Sufism is considered as mystic Islam. anyone who follows Qur'an and Sunnah would know there can not be real path that leads to Allah if it was not mystic.

but there is monism in sufism, but monism is unislamic, so how could sufism part of islam.

also, if there are some people left the right path and still call themselves Sufi would not change the fact that root of Islam remain as original.

go check out the net, you may find some Muslims who perform salaat before a man named Sai Baba. anyone would know that Muslim turn to Ka'ba and perform salaat. but it is a fact that there are Muslims who left Qur'an and do things against Islam. yet that would nt change the facts on true path written and explained in Qur'an.

well known sufis like jalaluddin rumi, mansoor al-Hallaaj includes in this list since they were monists.

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
but there is monism in sufism, but monism is unislamic, so how could sufism part of islam.

i believe i made my point clear about that.

well known sufis like jalaluddin rumi, mansoor al-Hallaaj includes in that list since they were monists.

i am unsure if i know the second name you mentioned but Rumi was not monist. he was in love with and therefor servant of Allah.

Aquitaine

.lava, what is Allah (CC)?

Isn't it Allah (SWT), or (SAWS)? - I know only one of them is correct lol!

.lava

Veteran Member
Yes but what does that mean in English? And so in relation to the earlier question about Sharia Law, so........ what do you think of it?

i think it would be translated as Almighty.

IMO Sharia that's written in Qur'an is perfect system both socially and economicly. but it is not applied. so if i answer your question, i do not think you would understand me correctly.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend .lava,

sometimes people confuse some practices we do with meditation. if you're not using any mantra, meditation is about breaking chain of thoughts and keeping mind still which anyone can do even while cooking or walking...etc. i do like stillness of mind. but using mantras is different from keeping mind still, free of thoughts. every mantra starts with Om which represents nothingness or emptiness. there is nothing in there but dark. darkness is where satan belongs.

Can you explain exactly what you do to *still the mind*?
You have not used any mantras because you have already psyched yourself and brain-washed by your influencers that they are satanic.
Its fine, let them be satanic BUT do explain your own method.

Await response.
Love & rgds