• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can our discussions here make a difference in the world around us?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I thought of trying to educate people about political identities, but that might just be one of many ways of people fooling themselves, trying to satisfy some psychological and social needs. What is needed is for people to learn better how to satisfy those needs. It might not be useful to try to see through all those different ways. Then again, it might be helpful to consider some of them, as examples. I can see political ideas and abusing people as ways of feelings important. That gives me an idea. More friendly attention to people when they are not being abusive, or in their least abusive moments.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Part of what I think needs to happen in Internal discussions , and will happen more and more, is people practicing various kinds of spiritual growth and community service in a forum or other online neighborhood. Another part of it is training for that purpose. One example of community service that I’ve seen here is starting threads where everyone can have some fun together. Another example is people posting about what they’re learning from their own research on some topic of discussion. Another example is people responding in friendly and helpful ways to what other people are saying and doing.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
- Some of the time now I’m looking for people practicing some kind of spiritual growth or community service in the forums, and trying to find friendly and helpful ways of responding to what they’re doing.
- Sometimes I try to practice community service myself. I’ve given some examples in previous posts.
- Sometimes I try to counteract misunderstandings and misinformation by learning more about the topic myself, and posting about what I’m learning.
- Now I’m practicing and promoting learning better ways of responding to cruelty and personal attacks that I see happening in the forums. I’m discussing that in another thread: Ideas for reducing and counteracting effects of psychological abuse

Ayjaydee

- Some of the time now I’m looking for people practicing some kind of spiritual growth or community service in the forums, and trying to find friendly and helpful ways of responding to what they’re doing.
- Sometimes I try to practice community service myself. I’ve given some examples in previous posts.
- Sometimes I try to counteract misunderstandings and misinformation by learning more about the topic myself, and posting about what I’m learning.
- Now I’m practicing and promoting learning better ways of responding to cruelty and personal attacks that I see happening in the forums. I’m discussing that in another thread: Ideas for reducing and counteracting effects of psychological abuse
How far around?