• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can One Get Into Heaven If Not An Atheist?

Prim969

I've no way to count all the gods, so it
seems safer to assume a plurality.
Revoltingest the Greek ones did have a ancient tradition. And that being with the many gods they had, should they miss any : They had a place set aside for the unknown God. You might enquire within: Might well be the one true God . Save you running out of fingers trying to count all the others as well..

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I could give you a good word if I thought it would help. The question is: Why do you want to go there?

I was posting with my tongue in my cheek, but seriously?
I don't think I can answer. I'd need to know more about God's nature, and what heaven is.
Ultimately I'm happy to live my life as I think is right, and let the chips fall where they may. Seems hypocritical for me to do otherwise.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Revoltingest the Greek ones did have a ancient tradition. And that being with the many gods they had, should they miss any : They had a place set aside for the unknown God. You might enquire within: Might well be the one true God . Save you running out of fingers trying to count all the others as well..
I don't know even how to begin counting them.
Nor discern which are true, or which are false.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So you'd be okay with a place with harps and probably no bacon?
That would be hell.

I'd think that gods would want company.
After all, they'd likely get bored with an eternity of the same old crowd.
So entrants into their realm would have to be interesting.
Would they want beings dedicated to worship & praise?
Nah?
Inquiring minds pursuing interesting conversation would be best.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
That would be hell.

I'd think that gods would want company.
After all, they'd likely get bored with an eternity of the same old crowd.
So entrants into their realm would have to be interesting.
Would they want beings dedicated to worship & praise?
Nah?
Inquiring minds pursuing interesting conversation would be best.

Well whichever way you want to go with it, I think @Shadow Wolf has already decided where you and the bear are going. I might tag along too.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Speaking of Christianity, it can sound "heretic" when I say (and I believe in it) that faith is pretty irrelevant when someone behaves properly...so...since I have my own vision of Heaven...I don't see why Atheists or non-Christians should be excluded.

But...speaking of the OP...well...
Some theists agree with atheists on so many levels...so...I guess they will get to Heaven too:p

Last edited: