1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can one feel close to God although not a part of the Islamic fold?

Discussion in 'Islam DIR' started by Epic Beard Man, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Epic Beard Man

Epic Beard Man Bearded Philosopher

Ratings:
    +2,793
    Religion:
    Agnostic-Monotheist
    The following video sums up pretty much what I am dealing with as per the words of Sir Anthony Hopkins:

God says in the Holy Qur’an “We are closer to you than your own jugular vein!”

I notice at times I am extremely compassionate towards people and the patients I serve. There are times I am annoyed and sometimes angry. I feel like as if my soul is conflicted of sorts. There are other times I am a hard skeptic leaning towards atheism. There are times I am ashamed at things that I do. There are times I simply want to be in the company of happy people. Of course it may sound like a bout of bipolar disorder but there is a feeling that I get.

However there is “something” incomprehensible, a feeling of sorts that pulls me in to remind me of God’s light. A feeling that typically follows by tears and a sense of prayer and contemplation. From an Islamic perspective what does this mean? Can one be close to Allah in this regard although not in the fold of Islam?

#1 Epic Beard Man, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. Fool

Fool ALL in all
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,249
    Religion:
    Grace
    islam = "peace be upon you" comes with that feeling. then you're islam = peace. the idea of surrendering to the power of love with god all things are possible. with love all things are.

something digging and scraping within him. he feels it.

Can you imagine when this race is won?
    Turn our golden the faces into the sun
    Praising our leaders, we're getting in tune
    The music's played by the, the madman - forever young - alphaville

3. Remté

Remté Active Member

Ratings:
    +189
    What do you mean "not in the fold of Islam"?

4. Remté

Remté Active Member

Ratings:
    +189
    Come to think of it perhaps you mean you aren't a Muslim? But if that was the case why could you not feel close to God?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ManSinha

ManSinha Active Member

Ratings:
    +426
    Religion:
    Sikh

Your question makes no sense - why would one be close to Allah if not of Islamic faith - either you are religious and believe in a higher power / deity / divine or you are not.

If you are leaning towards conversion to Islam - say so in a straightforward manner

6. Epic Beard Man

Ratings:
    +2,793
    Religion:
    Agnostic-Monotheist
    Yes

7. Epic Beard Man

Ratings:
    +2,793
    Religion:
    Agnostic-Monotheist
    I think it is pretty much evident if I say can one be close to Allah and not be in the fold of Islam the same as me saying can someone be close to God but is not a Muslim. I never took being religious as something that can get you close to God.