• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Non-Abrahamics and Abrahamics be from same God?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Then why is the faith saying that Baha'u'llah is the prophet of this age, and that other faiths aren't up to date, and have been altered by humans, no longer holding God's original message? Are you now saying Baha'is don't actually believe that?

Yes I believe all are fellow equal human beings. As a Baha’i I consider all people as equals. Baha’is have no special station above other people. We are just ordinary people. No one is an unbeliever but equal in every way.

Actually we see that there is really only one Faith which has progressively evolved throughout the ages. By not moving on to the next stage people have remained divided. For example if all Jews had accepted Christ and all Christians later accepted Muhammad and so on, we would not have been divided. The intention was to continue evolving throughout the ages united. So there was always meant for there to be oneness and unity. But the leaders of religion refused to accept the next Teacher so their followers did not move on and so up until now there are about 8 major divisions or religions when it was always meant to be one.
Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism, Zoroastrian, Christianity, Islam, Babi and Baha’i Faith. Interestingly although the Babi and Baha’i Faiths are two different Faiths the Babi Faith did move on and accept the next stage so the two Faiths became one as the rest should have.

So now Baha’u’llah is asking humanity to move through & accept all the stages and accept all our past evolution and progress up till now so we can all be on the same page and united as was meant to be. Humans lost our way and became divided and fell into wars and prejudices but now we have the chance to move past these negative things and join together as one family. So there was never any superiority intended. Humanity lost its way and became divided into opposing camps when it failed to accept the new Teacher whenever He appeared. Now it’s an ‘us and them mess’ which Baha’u’llah is attempting to heal through appealing to us tonaccept each other’s religion as we were meant to long ago.

This is the changeless Faith of God, eternal in the past, eternal in the future.(Baha’u’llah)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Therein lies the problem, no

I see no problem, as it is a personal.journey with God. Personally I have had to deal with all of what Baha'u'llah has offered and I expect all will have the issues I have had to face, or have their own, if they so choose.

taught stuff that goes against tolerance.

I see a great tolerance has been gifted and practiced. No one is forced to accept and follow what Baha'u'llah has offered, you are still free to do and say as you wish, how does that lack tolerance?

He taught you to tell other religions they're wrong?

Baha'u'llah asked us to share with those that ask and listen, as to what is preventing our needed unity. Thus He asked us to teach what we had found to be true in a respectful manner.

He taught you to tell homosexuals their behaviour is abhorrent?

Baha'u'llah taught love and respect for evey person. The law for Baha'i is that marriage is only permisable between a man and a women and that same sex union is forbidden.

He taught you that atheists are lesser people?

Well is seems you want to slot your opinion in to each question in the guise of a question. That is apparent.

Baha'u'llah taught we are all equal. No one is to feel superior than another.

He taught that only God loving people are worthy?

Your opinion guised as a quesrion.

He taught that sharing the faith is more important than a marriage?

Guised opinion again.

The opposite in fact. Baha'u'llah taught Family comes first. There are many pieces of advice about this.

Regards Tony

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Determining 'same god', which actually is traditional for ""christianity"", though not really standard it seems,

Is a very complicated deduction, with more than just a few factors.

Not a 'generalized', thing, and although this can happen, not common.

The three "abrahamic' religions, do not have the same deity.

Why? Because of various things, the biggest difference being LITERAL. Islam although saying its the same deity, not what you think that means. It means, youre mistaken about your deity, therefore it defaults to the true deity.
Understand how that isn't "the same deity"? Understand how this is complicated?

Ok.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Judaism and Christianity, is more complicated, however in a literal sense, a 'trinity g- d', and a specifically 'non trinity g- d', those are different deity concepts.

What is actually occuring, here, isn't that 'christianity is from judaism', as many christians say, it's shared texts.

The concepts are different, in the entirety of the shared texts, even though varying by denomination of christianity, there is overlap. This is just more complicated, generally, added by the fact that there is more than one trinity concept, and, 'judaism' tends to include jewish scholars and mystics, who have their own ideas, even if not standard Rabbinical Judaism. Messianic Judaism, Jewish mysticism, so forth.

'Judaism', and ' Jewish' ideas and textual sources being more traditionally shared, between Christianity and Judaism. You could say, 'same deity' contextually, or, could argue otherwise, also.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Determining 'same god', which actually is traditional for ""christianity"", though not really standard it seems,

Is a very complicated deduction, with more than just a few factors.

Not a 'generalized', thing, and although this can happen, not common.

The three "abrahamic' religions, do not have the same deity.

Why? Because of various things, the biggest difference being LITERAL. Islam although saying its the same deity, not what you think that means. It means, youre mistaken about your deity, therefore it defaults to the true deity.
Understand how that isn't "the same deity"? Understand how this is complicated?

Ok.

All the religions worship something. I believe it is the same Reality but each calls it by a different name and worships in a different manner according to his custom and culture.

I don’t believe it can be proven that it is not the same God otherwise each bring forward his god so we can differentiate between them. As it is an inner, spiritual experience I believe it is the same aspiration in all of us as we are all human and have the same characteristics so worship and the reality we worship is no different inwardly just outwardly in the way we express it.

Hindus have temples, Buddhists have pagodas, Jews - synagogues, Christians - churches, Muslims - mosques and Baha’is Houses of Worship. Different designs but all aspiring to the same inner reality just perceived differently.

It’s like we each look at the sun through different coloured glasses . Through red glasses it appears red, through blue it seems to be blue, and thru green glasses the sun is green. And I believe it is the one and same reality and I don’t believe that can be disproven.

ManSinha

Hindus have temples, Buddhists have pagodas, Jews - synagogues, Christians - churches, Muslims - mosques and Baha’is Houses of Worship. Different designs but all aspiring to the same inner reality just perceived differently.

It’s like we each look at the sun through different coloured glasses . Through red glasses it appears red, through blue it seems to be blue, and thru green glasses the sun is green. And I believe it is the one and same reality and I don’t believe that can be disproven.

Is that Baha'i teaching or your personal belief?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
All the religions worship something. I believe it is the same Reality but each calls it by a different name and worships in a different manner according to his custom and culture.

I don’t believe it can be proven that it is not the same God otherwise each bring forward his god so we can differentiate between them. As it is an inner, spiritual experience I believe it is the same aspiration in all of us as we are all human and have the same characteristics so worship and the reality we worship is no different inwardly just outwardly in the way we express it.

The way you have worded this is actually wrong. 'G- d' is the gothic/english name of the Biblical God.

This follows for Judaism, and Christianity. In other words, Jews and Christians, even if they have different beliefs, can use the name 'G-d', and it will mean the same thing, despite belief differences. It's a name. More than one name is translated into 'G-d', in the English Bible, however the methodology maintains.

Anyways, aside from that, what you seem to be describing, according to the discussion subject, is actually a 'deity concept', your idea of a g- d, basically.
You are, however, defining it by perception, so there is a mix up of ideas. You probably aren't saying that demonologists, so forth, are worshipping the same deity? Is that what your organization teaches?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Is that Baha'i teaching or your personal belief?

In His mystical composition of the journey of the soul the Seven Valleys and the Four Valleys addressed to Sufi mystics Baha’u’llah says..

It is known to thine eminence that all the variations which the wayfarer in the stages of his journey beholdeth in the realms of being proceed from his own vision. We shall give an example of this, that the meaning may become fully clear.

Consider the visible sun: Although it shineth with the same radiance upon all existence, and at the behest of the Lord of Revelation bestoweth light on all things, yet in each place it becometh manifest and sheddeth its bounty according to the potentialities of that place. For instance, in a mirror it reflecteth its own disk and shape, and this is due to the clarity of the mirror itself; through a crystal it maketh fire to appear; and in other things it showeth only the effect of its shining, but not its full disk. And yet, through that effect, by the command of the Creator it traineth each thing according to the capacity of that thing, even as thou dost observe.

In like manner, colours become visible in each object according to its nature. For instance, in a yellow glass the rays shine yellow; in a white glass they are white; and in a red glass red rays are visible.

These variations proceed from the object itself, not from the light.

And if a place be shut away from the light, as by walls and a roof, it will be entirely bereft of the light of the sun and deprived of its rays.

The Seven Valleys and the Four Valleys
Bahá’u’lláh

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
The way you have worded this is actually wrong. 'G- d' is the gothic/english name of the Biblical God.

This follows for Judaism, and Christianity. In other words, Jews and Christians, even if they have different beliefs, can use the name 'G-d', and it will mean the same thing, despite belief differences. It's a name. More than one name is translated into 'G-d', in the English Bible, however the methodology maintains.

Anyways, aside from that, what you seem to be describing, according to the discussion subject, is actually a 'deity concept', your idea of a g- d, basically.
You are, however, defining it by perception, so there is a mix up of ideas. You probably aren't saying that demonologists, so forth, are worshipping the same deity? Is that what your organization teaches?

By God we mean the God of Revelation not any demonic references.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You said, all those religions are the same g- d. I don't believe that. No reason to believe that.

Let’s say you live in America and I live in Australia. The sun you see and the sun I see is the exact same sun but I could say my sun is the Australian sun and you could say your sun is the American one. But regardless that in our minds we imagine and create a difference and imaginary boundary there is still only one sun in the sky. For me I say that no matter how many religions there are still there is only one God.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Let’s say you live in America and I live in Australia. The sun you see and the sun I see is the exact same sun but I could say my sun is the Australian sun and you could say your sun is the American one. But regardless that in our minds we imagine and create a difference and imaginary boundary there is still only one sun in the sky. For me I say that no matter how many religions there are still there is only one God.
No, Im quite aware of different entity worship. They aren't the same, and you are probably talking about the entity that I call 'satan'. Very against that entity, christians sometimes worship that same g- d.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Religions have different g- d ideas, that makes no sense. Or doesn't represent your idea, because then you are talking about satanists demonologists etc. Do you know the difference?

I don’t understand why you’re bringing satanists into it as I’m saying that there is only one God. The God of love.

The different religions such as the major religions worship God. None of them worship satan or demons.