• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Non-Abrahamics and Abrahamics be from same God?

InvestigateTruth

I stand corrected. I just find that the preaching against divorce by a community whose own divorce rates are high, or exceeding the average, to be hypocritical. Don't get me wrong, I'm against divorce as well, but I don't preach my personal view.
So, if a doctor advises something good, but he does not follow it, it is hypocrisy?
Dr. Tells you not to smoke, but he smokes. Hu?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I asked if Baha'is believe in any religion today believes and practices the truth about God. Besides, practicing a religion is more than living by virtues. A good example would be Catholic Christians. They go to confession, communion, light candles, pray to Mary, believe the Pope gets infallible information from God. Then if you add the beliefs... like Heaven, hell, Satan, Jesus rising, Jesus being the one coming back and so on, then Baha'i do not believe in those things. Therefore, wouldn't a Baha'i have to say that they don't believe in what Catholic Christians believe in and how they practice their religion?

But your answer doesn't matter, because Baha'is by their words have already turned off and pushed away so many people from other religions. Because, although Baha'is say they love and respect all the religions, they consistently tell them how their religion has false teachings and beliefs. You had Hindus and Sikhs here on this thread, where are they? Have you made them feel respected and loved? No, you tell them how their beliefs are wrong, especially reincarnation. If Baha'is are trying to bring unity between the world's religions, there has got to be a better way.

Then that is your challenge.

The challenge of 'there has to be a better way' you have given to us, Baha'u'llah has already given and we can only try to share what has been said, within that advice. We do not always get it right.

If Baha'u'llah is right, then in knowing what Baha'u'llah has written, how would you tell other people? All the while considering all that Baha'u'llah has written, will come to light.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So, if a doctor advises something good, but he does not follow it, it is hypocrisy?
Dr. Tells you not to smoke, but he smokes. Hu?

Yes absolutely that's hypocrisy, by definition.
hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
noun: hypocrisy; plural noun: hypocrisies
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

What exactly did you think hypocrisy was?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Then that is your challenge.

The challenge of 'there has to be a better way' you have given to us, Baha'u'llah has already given and we can only try to share what has been said, within that advice. We do not always get it right.

If Baha'u'llah is right, then in knowing what Baha'u'llah has written, how would you tell other people? All the while considering all that Baha'u'llah has written, will come to light.

There is no need to tell other people at all. Just practice what Baha'u'llah taught you. That's the point.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Prophecy just in the Christian Book of Revelation isn't all that obvious that it is referring to Baha'u'llah. Now add prophecies from the rest of the Bible and all the other religions and some might fit, some kind of make sense, some of the dates might be right, but most are to vague to know for sure what they are talking about. To you, yes, they all point to Baha'u'llah. To me, no, at best maybe, but I'm still listening.

It was Christains in the 1800' that came up with the exact year using prophecy from Daniel.

To me once one knows about the Message given in 1844/1260 a whole truckload becomes more obvious.

Mathimatically how is it possible for a person to fulfill the given Prophecy?

The Bible says He will come from the East, thus we can eliminate all that claim a Message that did not come to the Holy Place from the direction of the East.

The list is huge, the probability factor an impossible number. Maybe look at it in that way?

If it is likely someone could fulfill prophecy by mere chance with a number 10 to the power of 60, then it most likely it was not chance.

Regards Tony

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I asked if Baha'is believe in any religion today believes and practices the truth about God. Besides, practicing a religion is more than living by virtues. A good example would be Catholic Christians. They go to confession, communion, light candles, pray to Mary, believe the Pope gets infallible information from God. Then if you add the beliefs... like Heaven, hell, Satan, Jesus rising, Jesus being the one coming back and so on, then Baha'i do not believe in those things. Therefore, wouldn't a Baha'i have to say that they don't believe in what Catholic Christians believe in and how they practice their religion?

But your answer doesn't matter, because Baha'is by their words have already turned off and pushed away so many people from other religions. Because, although Baha'is say they love and respect all the religions, they consistently tell them how their religion has false teachings and beliefs. You had Hindus and Sikhs here on this thread, where are they? Have you made them feel respected and loved? No, you tell them how their beliefs are wrong, especially reincarnation. If Baha'is are trying to bring unity between the world's religions, there has got to be a better way.

All we can do is try and be patient with each other. We are all bound to think differently.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That is part of what Baha'u'llah taught, to share and become one people.

Therein lies the problem, no? He taught stuff that goes against tolerance. He taught you to tell other religions they're wrong? He taught you to tell homosexuals their behaviour is abhorrent? He taught you that atheists are lesser people? He taught that only God loving people are worthy? He taught that sharing the faith is more important than a marriage?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
LH, What do you mean by 'patient' in this regard? To be patient with all these unbelievers, because eventually they'll see th glorious light of Baha'i?

I meant just generally all being patient with one other.

I consider people to be equal fellow human beings. We Baha’is are just ordinary people like everyone else. There is nothing special about us at all. We are not better than you and you are not considered unbelievers.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I meant just generally all being patient with one other.

I consider people to be equal fellow human beings. We Baha’is are just ordinary people like everyone else. There is nothing special about us at all. We are not better than you and you are not considered unbelievers.

Then why is the faith saying that Baha'u'llah is the prophet of this age, and that other faiths aren't up to date, and have been altered by humans, no longer holding God's original message? Are you now saying Baha'is don't actually believe that?

ManSinha

Yes that's the trend it seems. People get a couple of spiritual insights, declare themselves the next prophet, and manage to get a few followers, or hundreds. There are dozens of new-age Gurus all over the internet. Similar messages. I don't mind, as long as they don't put down everyone else in the process. (Unfortunately some do.) That's when it gets dicey. I had a nice visit with my Sikh jeweller today. Nice guy, so tolerant. Both he and his Dad come to the temple I go to occasionally.

You know, about 9-12 months ago - there was a video circulating of some Muslims that broke their fast in part by having langar at a Sikh Temple - you should have seen some of the vitriolic comments that followed on a couple of the Sikh message boards / chat groups - of course when reminded of "Awal Allah Noor Upayaya Kudrat Kay Sabh Banday" - they would shut right up - or at least not make more comments - but it goes back to what @ajay0 and you and @Deeje have been saying - the tribalism and the instinct to "guard mine" and mistrust the other is still strong - thankfully some people are willing to listen to reason ......

InvestigateTruth

Yes absolutely that's hypocrisy, by definition.
hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
noun: hypocrisy; plural noun: hypocrisies
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

What exactly did you think hypocrisy was?
Except Bahais do not claim are better than others, or posses higher virtues than others.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You know, about 9-12 months ago - there was a video circulating of some Muslims that broke their fast in part by having langar at a Sikh Temple - you should have seen some of the vitriolic comments that followed on a couple of the Sikh message boards / chat groups - of course when reminded of "Awal Allah Noor Upayaya Kudrat Kay Sabh Banday" - they would shut right up - or at least not make more comments - but it goes back to what @ajay0 and you and @Deeje have been saying - the tribalism and the instinct to "guard mine" and mistrust the other is still strong - thankfully some people are willing to listen to reason ......
I still haven't gone for langar, despite a gurdwara being about 5 minutes away. I have sat in there though. Nice vibe. I had to ask how to put the cloth on my head though.

ManSinha

I still haven't gone for langar, despite a gurdwara being about 5 minutes away. I have sat in there though. Nice vibe. I had to ask how to put the cloth on my head though.

As long as it covers your head it is fine - nothing special to it :D

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Except Bahais do not claim are better than others, or posses higher virtues than others.

That's just like saying you don't proselytize. Saying something doesn't mean you don't do it. The core belief is that Baha'u'llah is the prophet for this age. The core belief of 'progressive revelation' indicates you feel you're more progressive than others. Here, specifically, it was about addressing divorce. There is also a fairly constant stream about 'virtues'. So yes, I would disagree on that, but you already knew I would.

Baha'is use doublespeak a lot. I'm used to it.

ManSinha

That's just like saying you don't proselytize. Saying something doesn't mean you don't do it. The core belief is that Baha'u'llah is the prophet for this age. The core belief of 'progressive revelation' indicates you feel you're more progressive than others.

Had an exchange with @Trailblazer on those lines - agreed to disagree and ended the debate