• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Non-Abrahamics and Abrahamics be from same God?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Well, about the messengers... was Buddha, Krishna, Moses, Abraham and even Muhammad tortured or stoned? But what does that have to do with Baha'is presenting their message in a way that offends people in other religions? By telling Hindus that they have misinterpreted their Scriptures about reincarnation... or that reincarnation was not in the original teachings of some unknown manifestation but was added in and is only a tradition of men, that is not going to go over very well.

But if you want to alienate people and push them away and show how your religion is superior to theirs, then fine. But, that's not what Baha'is are about. They are supposed to be bringing peace and oneness to the world... and show how all religions have all come from the same source. Or, do Baha'is really believe that religions aren't one? That all of them are corrupt and filled with man made ideas and concepts about God and the spiritual world? Then fine, tell how wrong they are. How far off the true path they've gotten. I don't know, so I like listening to what they believe in... and don't necessarily believe they are wrong. I understand that you do, because your prophet said so.

We believe what Baha’u’llah has told us but others are free to reject that. We put forth our arguments and others put forward theirs. No one is superior it’s just the sharing of differing views that’s all. And we are entitled to our beliefs just like everyone else is entitled to theirs.

ManSinha

The common denominator of all religions and remedy to unite them all is that they all await a Promised One which is one and the same person
Nope - not always the case

Now those that claim they do, claim falsely. A Mesenger Claims a Message from God, that they were created for that Message and in that Station they are that Message, not God.

Now see - that is where some of the trouble starts - putting down what some of the others may believe in - unequivocally so
upload_2019-3-11_9-45-30.png

The Jews have not accepted Christ, the Jews and Christains have not Accepted Muhammad, The Jews, Christains and Muslims have not accepted Baha'u'llah
upload_2019-3-11_9-47-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-11_9-51-34.png
    upload_2019-3-11_9-51-34.png
    197.4 KB · Views: 0

ManSinha

So then that means that Jesus didn't know God? And since Krishna is an avatar, he didn't know himself?

Then I said, "The problems I have with the Baha'i Faith I keep pointing out, but the big one is that if the Baha'is are right, then every other religion, as believed and practiced, is still wrong."

Amen to that!

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now see - that is where some of the trouble starts - putting down what some of the others may believe in - unequivocally so
33011_7268367361a8f3f7ca412d0c4eb57900.png

I would offer we have chosen to veiw those same passages with the oneness of humanity and the oneness of God in mind, knowing we can only be servants of the Light, no matter from whence it shines.

Thus we do not put down what is from God, we raise all Faiths unto God, where they all came from.

How you choose to see this and how you choose to see those that accept this oneness, is entirly your choice. All that which is not in the light of oneness, becomes the shades of darkness and is of our own making, it is our own creation.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There are universal truths that underlie all religions and in time I believe they will all unite into one common faith.

That is your opinion. There can be peace and harmony on this planet with 10 000 very differing faiths. All it takes is respect for diversity. We can have 10 000 languages, and still communicate. We can have 10 000 types of currency, and still exchange money and goods amongst us.

Those faiths that believe their faith and only their faith will somehow outlast all the others (and there are several such faiths) are sadly in a fantasy world.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Those faiths that believe their faith and only their faith will somehow outlast all the others (and there are several such faiths) are sadly in a fantasy world.

A Baha'i does not view Faith in this way. We see they all are part of the whole.

We do see that the Faith survives over what man makes of it.

Baha'u'llah is not the last Messenger that will face rejection of humanity and has warned us not to treat that Messenger as Baha'u'llah was treated. As this has been suggested, means to me, that within the Baha'i Writings will be guidance for the future and more than likely, we will also not get it right.

The Message of Baha'u'llah has assured all the other Messengers can not be forgotten or done away with. Thus unity in our diversity has become a reality. We have to learn how to build that unity.

Regards Tony

ManSinha

That is your opinion. There can be peace and harmony on this planet with 10 000 very differing faiths. All it takes is respect for diversity. We can have 10 000 languages, and still communicate. We can have 10 000 types of currency, and still exchange money and goods amongst us.

I would agree with this - I have a suspicion that as the ability to connect with like minded individuals increases with apps like WhatsApp and the Internet - there may be more (not less) individuals who may wish to start a religion based on their progressive thoughts and ideas ......

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

Unless we accept our common humanity I don’t believe peace is possible.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I stand corrected. I just find that the preaching against divorce by a community whose own divorce rates are high, or exceeding the average, to be hypocritical. Don't get me wrong, I'm against divorce as well, but I don't preach my personal view.

We don't know for certain how the Baha'i community fares in regards divorce rates. I can only reflect on the experience I have with community members I am in contact and Juan Cole would have had exactly the same limitations. Strengthening families needs to be a focus of most faith communities in an era of exceptionally high divorce rates in the Western world and the Baha'i Faith is no exception.

At the end of the day we are ultimately responsible for one life only, our own. I try to live a Baha'i life though like many fall short. The Baha'i writings give importance to marriage, raising children and avoiding divorce. I'm on my first marriage and have been married nearly 20 years. I know Tony and LH have been married much longer. None of us can afford to be complacent.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I would agree with this - I have a suspicion that as the ability to connect with like minded individuals increases with apps like WhatsApp and the Internet - there may be more (not less) individuals who may wish to start a religion based on their progressive thoughts and ideas ......
Yes that's the trend it seems. People get a couple of spiritual insights, declare themselves the next prophet, and manage to get a few followers, or hundreds. There are dozens of new-age Gurus all over the internet. Similar messages. I don't mind, as long as they don't put down everyone else in the process. (Unfortunately some do.) That's when it gets dicey. I had a nice visit with my Sikh jeweller today. Nice guy, so tolerant. Both he and his Dad come to the temple I go to occasionally.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Unless we accept our common humanity I don’t believe peace is possible.

I do. I just don't need a prophet, or to criticise other faiths to do that. I also accept homosexuals for who they are and what they do, atheists for who they are, and all other faiths on this planet for how they choose to view the world.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We don't know for certain how the Baha'i community fares in regards divorce rates. I can only reflect on the experience I have with community members I am in contact and Juan Cole would have had exactly the same limitations. Strengthening families needs to be a focus of most faith communities in an era of exceptionally high divorce rates in the Western world and the Baha'i Faith is no exception.

At the end of the day we are ultimately responsible for one life only, our own. I try to live a Baha'i life though like many fall short. The Baha'i writings give importance to marriage, raising children and avoiding divorce. I'm on my first marriage and have been married nearly 20 years. I know Tony and LH have been married much longer. None of us can afford to be complacent.

According to Dr. Cole, he had access to the statistics from the NSA of America that they chose not to publish so the faith wouldn't look bad and sound like they were hypocrites. Knowing what I know about Baha'i deception, I trust what he said. No reason really to lie about that. But of course I could be wrong.

Marriage is a good deal, if people are mature enough to make it work. I include gay marriage in that of course. But then so are stable couples who choose not to get married. Stability is important for everyone's mental health, and that can be found in a variety of circumstances besides the classic one man one woman version. I saw many students from broken homes that did really well in life skills. Others from 2 parent families struggled with all kinds of things. So just like in religion, I don't believe one size fits all.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Practicing a religion is living the virtues. So many still practice their religion.
I asked if Baha'is believe in any religion today believes and practices the truth about God. Besides, practicing a religion is more than living by virtues. A good example would be Catholic Christians. They go to confession, communion, light candles, pray to Mary, believe the Pope gets infallible information from God. Then if you add the beliefs... like Heaven, hell, Satan, Jesus rising, Jesus being the one coming back and so on, then Baha'i do not believe in those things. Therefore, wouldn't a Baha'i have to say that they don't believe in what Catholic Christians believe in and how they practice their religion?

But your answer doesn't matter, because Baha'is by their words have already turned off and pushed away so many people from other religions. Because, although Baha'is say they love and respect all the religions, they consistently tell them how their religion has false teachings and beliefs. You had Hindus and Sikhs here on this thread, where are they? Have you made them feel respected and loved? No, you tell them how their beliefs are wrong, especially reincarnation. If Baha'is are trying to bring unity between the world's religions, there has got to be a better way.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Prophecy in all those Faiths foretell of a time when most of humanity will have got it wrong and that an age of peace will result from a New Message.
Prophecy just in the Christian Book of Revelation isn't all that obvious that it is referring to Baha'u'llah. Now add prophecies from the rest of the Bible and all the other religions and some might fit, some kind of make sense, some of the dates might be right, but most are to vague to know for sure what they are talking about. To you, yes, they all point to Baha'u'llah. To me, no, at best maybe, but I'm still listening.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
According to Dr. Cole, he had access to the statistics from the NSA of America that they chose not to publish so the faith wouldn't look bad and sound like they were hypocrites. Knowing what I know about Baha'i deception, I trust what he said. No reason really to lie about that. But of course I could be wrong.

Marriage is a good deal, if people are mature enough to make it work. I include gay marriage in that of course. But then so are stable couples who choose not to get married. Stability is important for everyone's mental health, and that can be found in a variety of circumstances besides the classic one man one woman version. I saw many students from broken homes that did really well in life skills. Others from 2 parent families struggled with all kinds of things. So just like in religion, I don't believe one size fits all.

Juan Cole resigned from the Baha’i Faith in 1996 and was never on the NSA of the USA. He may well have had access to statistics but exactly what were those statistics and how long ago?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We believe what Baha’u’llah has told us but others are free to reject that. We put forth our arguments and others put forward theirs. No one is superior it’s just the sharing of differing views that’s all. And we are entitled to our beliefs just like everyone else is entitled to theirs.

Why argue at all? What does it prove other that that you want to tell everyone about your way?