• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can namaz be offered in any other language?

thou shall not judge

Find your own path
As we all know Allah is all knowing, all seeing. So if someone does not know arabic and the quranic verses, can he/she offer namaz with the meaning of the surah's and the aayaats? Is there any strict rule regarding the same, till now i have not come accross a single verse of the quran that tells us not to offer namaz in a foreign tongue.

After all it is Allah who knows best. He is the one who knows the hearts of the people, their intent.etc.

Your thoughts?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
As we all know Allah is all knowing, all seeing. So if someone does not know arabic and the quranic verses, can he/she offer namaz with the meaning of the surah's and the aayaats? Is there any strict rule regarding the same, till now i have not come accross a single verse of the quran that tells us not to offer namaz in a foreign tongue.

if you need some short chapters to learn i can provide you with some.

the link below has more detail about the subject

Welcome Back To Islam

After all it is Allah who knows best. He is the one who knows the hearts of the people, their intent.etc.

Your thoughts?

yes true, but it is the prophet and the scholars that we must listen to. not our own interpretation of things.

selamu alaykum

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Can u complete this line for me if its incomplete? Laa ilaaha illalaah..........

La ilaha ilallah Muhamedur-rasulullah

or

La ilaha ilallah Moohamedoor-rasoolullah (or rasoolallah i'm not that good at arabic myself, they are the same though)

Last edited: