• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can my unbaptized friend receive the Eucharist and can I baptize him?

ZooGirl02

Hey everyone. I am Doodlebug02 with a different name. The friend I was discussing in this thread has been my boyfriend now for over a year. He is now a member of the United Church of Christ. :)

Renji

Hey everyone. I am Doodlebug02 with a different name. The friend I was discussing in this thread has been my boyfriend now for over a year. He is now a member of the United Church of Christ. :)

Good for you;) Maybe I can call it " a match made in heaven":)

Last edited:

Midnight Pete

Can my unbaptized friend receive the Eucharist and can I baptize him?

I don't think an unbaptized person can receive the Eucharist, and unless you are ordained in the Catholic Church you cannot baptize him either. I am almost certain that baptism must precede Eucharist in the order of sacraments, but I strongly recommend that you consult a clergyman. I am not an authority on Catholic doctrine, even though I was raised Catholic.

Peace be with you.

Midnight Pete

Congratulations on your steady relationship! :) Are you a UCC member as well?

Renji

Heh. Thanks! He has not yet gotten baptized though. Apparently the United Church of Christ doesn't require you to be baptized to be a member.

Maybe I can baptize him online. hehe:D

Kidding aside, in the Catholic church, an ordinary Catholic can actually baptize someone if a priest or any members of the clergy aren't available.

ZooGirl02

Congratulations on your steady relationship! :) Are you a UCC member as well?

Technically, yes. I entered the UCC as a member at the same time that he did. However, I no longer attend. I won't go in to the details as to why but both my boyfriend and I comfortable with it this way.

Maybe I can baptize him online. hehe:D

Kidding aside, in the Catholic church, an ordinary Catholic can actually baptize someone if a priest or any members of the clergy aren't available.

LOL! I actually proposed to him that I baptize him. He didn't want to make the commitment yet so I have left him alone about it.

Renji

LOL! I actually proposed to him that I baptize him. He didn't want to make the commitment yet so I have left him alone about it.

Yeah, give him a chance to think about it. Besides, it's a big "turn off" (in my opinion) for guys (like me) if their girlfriends forces them to make tough decisions, and in the end will not be able to handle it.;)

ZooGirl02

Yeah, give him a chance to think about it. Besides, it's a big "turn off" (in my opinion) for guys (like me) if their girlfriends forces them to make tough decisions, and in the end will not be able to handle it.;)

Yeah, I no longer bother him about being baptized. I feel if he wants to get baptized, he can get baptized and if he doesn't want to get baptized, he doesn't have to. :)

Renji

Yeah, I no longer bother him about being baptized. I feel if he wants to get baptized, he can get baptized and if he doesn't want to get baptized, he doesn't have to. :)

Good to hear from you!:) How are you and your boyfriend? Nice signature anyway.