• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

can jinn possess and control human body

F0uad

Allah(swt) has clearly forbidden both Humans and Jinns from trying to communicate with each other. The greatest example for this is that the humans and the jinns live in parralel dimensions - not separate but parallel.

So obviously the good Muslim will never go against the law of his Sustainer and communicate with the Jinn and vice versa. Did you ever see a ''good'' jin posses a body.. No because its forbidden.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
May Allah Guide You and Let You See Your Misunderatandings.

I know Allah(swt) will grant the Ummah of the beloved Holy Prophet a better Kingdom then Solomon (as). I know his Prophet could never instruct anyone to steal a throne. I know that Christians have poisoned you to believe Jesus (as) is in heaven because of their jealousy for the Holy Prophet (saw) who I love only secondary to Allah(swt). Your scholars love Jesus (as) to be in heaven beside Allah (swt).

Thoose who do not accept the Imam Mahdi and Messiah will perish and their generations will perish and no Isa ibn Maryam will descent physically from heaven.
The Holy Prophet will remain the most superior Prophet of Allah (swt) no matter how much misinterpetations the worst creatures under the sun do. Allah(swt) supports him and will continue to suppport those who have taken a bait at the hands of the Imam Mahdi.
No human being can fool themselves, Allah (swt) knows what your heart felt and you gave up for the sake of remaining under the misguidance of your Ulama.

I can show you many more Sahih International translations that are completely off. Thanks for letting me know some translators are such worst creatures under the sky they translated Rijal as Male. I hope you read the verses of the Holy Quran that warn about those who stick to the wrong path of thier father.

Sorry I fixed the Sahih Muslim mistake before but you already had started writing a reply. I wonder if you even bother undertanding and reading the links in my post. I can understand that you cannot answer my questions which shows your scholars quality in failing to have Quran defend you. They demonstrate they dont even know enough Arabic to translate.

may Allah (swt) have mercy on your soul.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
Allah(swt) has clearly forbidden both Humans and Jinns from trying to communicate with each other. The greatest example for this is that the humans and the jinns live in parralel dimensions - not separate but parallel.

So obviously the good Muslim will never go against the law of his Sustainer and communicate with the Jinn and vice versa. Did you ever see a ''good'' jin posses a body.. No because its forbidden.

I don't believe this kind of stories on calling spirits and controlling them. I am still curious to know where it says you are not allowed to communicate with them. If Quran never even mentioned them then where would it say not to communicate. What you call Jinn possession is a mental disorder. Foolish fairy tales is what Quran taught against and said he is the controller of everything. Yes evil can tempt you. But wont make you do things. If it was such then we can never judge man for crimes as we don't know if it is a jinn. Everything that is fabricated outside of the Quran and attributed to it always proves to be foolish.

F0uad

I don't believe this kind of stories on calling spirits and controlling them. I am still curious to know where it says you are not allowed to communicate with them. If Quran never even mentioned them then where would it say not to communicate. What you call Jinn possession is a mental disorder. Foolish fairy tales is what Quran taught against and said he is the controller of everything. Yes evil can tempt you. But wont make you do things. If it was such then we can never judge man for crimes as we don't know if it is a jinn. Everything that is fabricated outside of the Quran and attributed to it always proves to be foolish.

So wait you don't belief they exist but you want to see where its forbidden... i don't fully understand but maybe you can clarify why?

“And they followed what the Shaitans chanted of sorcery in the reign of Sulaiman, and Sulaiman was not an unbeliever, but the Shaitans disbelieved, they taught men sorcery and that was sent down to the two angels at Babel, Harut and Marut, yet these two taught no man until they had said, "Surely we are only a trial, therefore do not be a disbeliever." Even then men learned from these two, magic by which they might cause a separation between a man and his wife; and they cannot hurt with it any one except with Allah’s permission, and they learned what harmed them and did not profit them, and certainly they know that he who bought it should have no share of good in the hereafter and evil was the price for which they sold their souls, had they but known this.” (Al-Baqarah: 102 )‏

No. 5393 Sahih bukhari- Narrated 'Aisha: magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he began to imagine that he had done something although he had not. One day while he was with me, he invoked Allah and invoked for a long period and then said, "O 'Aisha! Do you know that Allah has instructed me regarding the matter I asked Him about?" I asked, "What is that, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "Two men came to me; one of them sat near my head and the other sat near my feet. One of them asked his companion, 'What is the disease of this man?' The other replied, 'He is under the effect of magic.' The first one asked, 'Who has worked magic on him?" The other replied, 'Labid bin A'sam, a Jew from the tribe of Bani Zuraiq.' The (first one asked), 'With what has it been done?' The other replied, 'With a a comb and the hair stuck to it and a skin of the pollen of a male datepalm tree.' The first one asked, 'Where is it?' The other replied, 'In the well of Dharwan.' Then the Prophet went along with some of his companions to that well and looked at that and there were date palms near to it. Then he returned to me and said, 'By Allah the water of that well was (red) like the infusion of Henna leaves and its date-palms were like the heads of devils" I said, O Allah's Apostle! Did you take those materials out of the pollen skin?" He said, 'No! As for me Allah has healed me and cured me and I was afraid that (by Showing that to the people) I would spread evil among them when he ordered that the well be filled up with earth, and it was filled up with earth "

“Those who devour interest rise up like one stumbling from Satan’s touch.” Qur’aan, 2:275

Al-Qurtubee agreed and stated that the above refers to possession.

Imam Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Hanbal (May Allah be pleased with him) said:

‘Abdullaah reported that when he asked his father, Ahmad bin Hanbal, “There are some people who claim that the jinnee cannot enter the body of a human,” his father replied, “O my dear son, they are lying; for that is one [jinnee] speaking with his tongue.”
Eedaah ad-Dilaalah fee ‘Umoom ar-Risaalah, p. 6.

The following hadith tells us that possession and excorcism (getting the Jinn out of the occupying body) is possible:

Ya’laa ibn Murrah said: “I saw the Allaah’s Messenger (S.A.W) do three things which no one before or after me saw. I went with him on a trip. On the way we passed by a woman sitting at the roadside with a young boy. She called out, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, this boy is afflicted with a trial, and from him we have also been afflicted with a trial. I do not know how many times per day he is seized with fits.’ He said, ‘Give him to me.’ So she lifted him up to the Prophet (S.A.W). He then placed the boy between himself and the middle of the saddle, opened the boy’s mouth and blew in it three times, says, ‘In the name of Allaah; I am the slave of Allaah. Get out, enemy of Allaah!’ Then he gave the boy back to her and said, ‘Meet us on our return at this same place and inform us how he has faired.’ We then went. On our return, we found her in the same place with three sheep. When he said to her, ‘How has your son faired?’ she replied, ‘By the One who sent you with the truth, we have not detected anything [unusual] in his behaviour up to this time…’”
Collected by Ahmad (al-Musnad, vol. 4, p. 170) and al-Haakim, who declared it saheeh, and adh-Dhahabee agreed with his assessment.

It was reported by the blessed prophet Muhammad's (S.A.W) wife, Safiyyah, to have said: “Verily, Satan flows in the bloodstream of Aadam’s descendents.”

Collected in the six authentic books of hadeeth with the exception of at-Tirmidhee. See Sahih Muslim, vol. 3, pp. 1187-1188, no. 5404. It is also narrated by Anas in Sahih Muslim, vol. 3, p. 1188, no. 5405.

Jinn can posess humans as well as objects.

The blessed prophet Muhammad's (S.A.W) instruction for lamps proves that objects can be possessed;

Ibn ‘Abbaas quoted him as saying,
“When you go to sleep, put out your lamps, because Satan may guide something like this (rat) to that (lamp) and cause you to be burned.
Collected by Aboo Daawood (Sunan Abu Dawud, vol. 3, p. 1147, no. 5227) and authenticated in Saheeh Sunan Abee Daawood, vol. 3, p. 985, no. 4369.

There are more then 60 verses in the Quran that speak about sorcery and black magic so i am not sure why your denying it.. The verse i quoted does imply Black Magic (Jin-communication) is forbidden. Did you forget that our Prophet(saws) was possessed and cured also? If you belief that Voodoo and Black-Magic exist then you know ''Calling out for jins'' is a part of it. The Qur'an and hadith tell us that black magic and jinns exist, but that doesn't mean we should believe every single story that anyone tells us about magic or witchcraft. People can lie, or play hoaxes, or even just genuinely mistake things. We should not be too credulous either what i think you are.

Last edited:

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
So wait you don't belief they exist but you want to see where its forbidden... i don't fully understand but maybe you can clarify why?

“And they followed what the Shaitans chanted of sorcery in the reign of Sulaiman, and Sulaiman was not an unbeliever, but the Shaitans disbelieved, they taught men sorcery and that was sent down to the two angels at Babel, Harut and Marut, yet these two taught no man until they had said, "Surely we are only a trial, therefore do not be a disbeliever." Even then men learned from these two, magic by which they might cause a separation between a man and his wife; and they cannot hurt with it any one except with Allah’s permission, and they learned what harmed them and did not profit them, and certainly they know that he who bought it should have no share of good in the hereafter and evil was the price for which they sold their souls, had they but known this (Al-Baqarah: 102 )‏

No. 5393 Sahih bukhari- Narrated 'Aisha: magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he began to imagine that he had done something although he had not. One day while he was with me, he invoked Allah and invoked for a long period and then said, "O 'Aisha! Do you know that Allah has instructed me regarding the matter I asked Him about?" I asked, "What is that, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "Two men came to me; one of them sat near my head and the other sat near my feet. One of them asked his companion, 'What is the disease of this man?' The other replied, 'He is under the effect of magic.' The first one asked, 'Who has worked magic on him?" The other replied, 'Labid bin A'sam, a Jew from the tribe of Bani Zuraiq.' The (first one asked), 'With what has it been done?' The other replied, 'With a a comb and the hair stuck to it and a skin of the pollen of a male datepalm tree.' The first one asked, 'Where is it?' The other replied, 'In the well of Dharwan.' Then the Prophet went along with some of his companions to that well and looked at that and there were date palms near to it. Then he returned to me and said, 'By Allah the water of that well was (red) like the infusion of Henna leaves and its date-palms were like the heads of devils" I said, O Allah's Apostle! Did you take those materials out of the pollen skin?" He said, 'No! As for me Allah has healed me and cured me and I was afraid that (by Showing that to the people) I would spread evil among them when he ordered that the well be filled up with earth, and it was filled up with earth "

“Those who devour interest rise up like one stumbling from Satan’s touch.” Qur’aan, 2:275

Al-Qurtubee agreed and stated that the above refers to possession.

Imam Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Hanbal (May Allah be pleased with him) said:

‘Abdullaah reported that when he asked his father, Ahmad bin Hanbal, “There are some people who claim that the jinnee cannot enter the body of a human,” his father replied, “O my dear son, they are lying; for that is one [jinnee] speaking with his tongue.”
Eedaah ad-Dilaalah fee ‘Umoom ar-Risaalah, p. 6.

The following hadith tells us that possession and excorcism (getting the Jinn out of the occupying body) is possible:

Ya’laa ibn Murrah said: “I saw the Allaah’s Messenger (S.A.W) do three things which no one before or after me saw. I went with him on a trip. On the way we passed by a woman sitting at the roadside with a young boy. She called out, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, this boy is afflicted with a trial, and from him we have also been afflicted with a trial. I do not know how many times per day he is seized with fits.’ He said, ‘Give him to me.’ So she lifted him up to the Prophet (S.A.W). He then placed the boy between himself and the middle of the saddle, opened the boy’s mouth and blew in it three times, says, ‘In the name of Allaah; I am the slave of Allaah. Get out, enemy of Allaah!’ Then he gave the boy back to her and said, ‘Meet us on our return at this same place and inform us how he has faired.’ We then went. On our return, we found her in the same place with three sheep. When he said to her, ‘How has your son faired?’ she replied, ‘By the One who sent you with the truth, we have not detected anything [unusual] in his behaviour up to this time…’”
Collected by Ahmad (al-Musnad, vol. 4, p. 170) and al-Haakim, who declared it saheeh, and adh-Dhahabee agreed with his assessment.

It was reported by the blessed prophet Muhammad's (S.A.W) wife, Safiyyah, to have said: “Verily, Satan flows in the bloodstream of Aadam’s descendents.”

Collected in the six authentic books of hadeeth with the exception of at-Tirmidhee. See Sahih Muslim, vol. 3, pp. 1187-1188, no. 5404. It is also narrated by Anas in Sahih Muslim, vol. 3, p. 1188, no. 5405.

Jinn can posess humans as well as objects.

The blessed prophet Muhammad's (S.A.W) instruction for lamps proves that objects can be possessed;

Ibn ‘Abbaas quoted him as saying,
“When you go to sleep, put out your lamps, because Satan may guide something like this (rat) to that (lamp) and cause you to be burned.
Collected by Aboo Daawood (Sunan Abu Dawud, vol. 3, p. 1147, no. 5227) and authenticated in Saheeh Sunan Abee Daawood, vol. 3, p. 985, no. 4369.

There are more then 60 verses in the Quran that speak about sorcery and black magic so i am not sure why your denying it.. The verse i quoted does imply Black Magic (Jin-communication) is forbidden. Did you forget that our Prophet(saws) was possessed and cured also? If you belief that Voodoo and Black-Magic exist then you know ''Calling out for jins'' is a part of it. The Qur'an and hadith tell us that black magic and jinns exist, but that doesn't mean we should believe every single story that anyone tells us about magic or witchcraft. People can lie, or play hoaxes, or even just genuinely mistake things. We should not be too credulous either what i think you are.

Please read my previous posts. Also I believe I did post a verse of the Quran to show that righteous people are protected by Allah. Moreover, rather then transforming Jinn in 100 different consider what I defined in my first few posts. Also read some hadith where Shaytan is mentioned. It is said to cover food so Shaytan doesn't enter. Also read the link the first person posted. If you come in half way I cannot repeat so many things I had covered, sorry. Also please look up the meaning of the word that is translated as magic in the verse above, it will explain a lot.