• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Islamic and Christian Theological Concepts of God be reconciled?

Can Islamic and Christian Theological Concepts of God be reconciled?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • Possibly

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters

ecco

Veteran Member
If that is your level of understanding then I will spell it out for you.

The rich man called Jesus "good."
Jesus said only God is good.
Therefore Jesus is God.

So now we are supposed to assess Jesus by the words of a rich man.

ecco

Veteran Member
I believe the media has a propaganda machine that is more powerful and anti-Trump. So is the media as insidious as the Nazis?

In all countries where there is a wannabe dictator, the wannabe dictator does all he can to control, silence, denigrate the press.
In Germany, it was Hitler. In Russia it is Putin. In Venezuela it is Maduro. In America it is Trump.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
In all countries where there is a wannabe dictator, the wannabe dictator does all he can to control, silence, denigrate the press.
In Germany, it was Hitler. In Russia it is Putin. In Venezuela it is Maduro. In America it is Trump.
The press can twist a story. A president can have an "alternative" reality. So who do you trust for the truth, religious leaders? They're all over the place with what is the "truth"? The post I made to Sojourner had something about Rock and Roll in it. Every once in awhile some singer or band comes up with something profoundly true, but then they OD and die. Sometimes a politician breaks away from the crowd and stands up for something meaningful... and they get shot. Sometimes a reporter tells the "truth" about corruption and they get killed off. At least Trump hasn't had anyone from the press killed. He just calls them a bunch of names, and supports those the body-slam them, and incites his base to hate the press. Oh, and maybe supports a country that has killed off a reporter.

But back to the OP. The writers of the NT were kind of like reporters. With all the things they said, the Church came up with theological notions. Islam came up with their own theological ideas. Of course they can be reconciled... if you drop what either of them said is true and only take what the Baha'i Faith says was true about either of them.

bitehoney

" Judaism " DID NOT even EXIST

- WHENEVER Islam was invented in the 7 th century,.

* 1. What part of Judaism today - - has any Sabbath on Friday. ?

According to the Holy Quran, the Final Testament, God does not get tired "Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him" (Quran 2:255), verifying the focus of the Sabbath is not rest, but for remembrance.

Muslims do not even have - anything to do with the Sabbath of the Bible - nor of modern 19 th century Judaism.

* 2. What part of Judaism today - or what part of the Torah or Gospels promotes / accepts / mandates or pushes or suggests - the circumcision of Canaanite / Arab { Gentiles. } ?

* 3. What part of Judaism or the - TORAH - DENIES - that God's created beings such as Adam and Seth are all Called - " SONS OF GOD ? { - - - - This FAITH - i s - Even from the Torah.

WhY DO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU HERE ! - Accept the prophecies, revelations and spiritual claims of Your Father " Mohammad "

The word Trinity is nowhere found in the Gospels - Neither the Torah.
Yahoshua is - theologically - just as much as { in concept } - the - VERY Father HIMSELF - Just as much as - HE is = :" Lord, God HIMSEL.

You are simply skirting around the leather and lace edges of the frills of your spiritual fathers such as King James and Mohammad. - Your faith and claims are not found in the Torah, Gospels - nor in 19 th Century Judaism.

Ignorance is the only hand you blindly stroke yourself with - with the age old wisdom of the seminal fluid of Your spiritual fathers dripping from your imagination.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
" Judaism " DID NOT even EXIST

- WHENEVER Islam was invented in the 7 th century,.

* 1. What part of Judaism today - - has any Sabbath on Friday. ?

According to the Holy Quran, the Final Testament, God does not get tired "Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him" (Quran 2:255), verifying the focus of the Sabbath is not rest, but for remembrance.

Muslims do not even have - anything to do with the Sabbath of the Bible - nor of modern 19 th century Judaism.

* 2. What part of Judaism today - or what part of the Torah or Gospels promotes / accepts / mandates or pushes or suggests - the circumcision of Canaanite / Arab { Gentiles. } ?

* 3. What part of Judaism or the - TORAH - DENIES - that God's created beings such as Adam and Seth are all Called - " SONS OF GOD ? { - - - - This FAITH - i s - Even from the Torah.

WhY DO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU HERE ! - Accept the prophecies, revelations and spiritual claims of Your Father " Mohammad "

The word Trinity is nowhere found in the Gospels - Neither the Torah.
Yahoshua is - theologically - just as much as { in concept } - the - VERY Father HIMSELF - Just as much as - HE is = :" Lord, God HIMSEL.

You are simply skirting around the leather and lace edges of the frills of your spiritual fathers such as King James and Mohammad. - Your faith and claims are not found in the Torah, Gospels - nor in 19 th Century Judaism.

Ignorance is the only hand you blindly stroke yourself with - with the age old wisdom of the seminal fluid of Your spiritual fathers dripping from your imagination.

Why do some people believe it is necessary to use colors and bold type and illogical spacing to communicate in a forum?

bitehoney

I am sorry for making the forum in an uproar with colorful fonts.

But - I have personally had great Muslim friends and we reconciled our own separate and opposing concepts of God between ourselves privately { after we had shared the message and meanings of what our religious texts were saying } - and were the best of friends.

My Muslim friends were some of the best friends that I have ever had. I truly loved them and I miss them as they have moved on with their lives

They were truly great and the best friends that one could ever have. - genuine friends.

However, our reconciliation and conclusion did not lead us to believe the false claim that the God of The Torah and Judaism is the same God of Islam and The Quran,

We all understood that each God and each of the God's scriptures were literally declaring that each one of the others " GOD " was each the Satan, evil and opposite and incorrect God.

How can Muslims and Jews reconcile their differences about God - If each ones God has declared it as satanic evil, sin and error to believe and teach what the other believes concerning God. ?

All that I was trying to inspire You to understand - is that Islam has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the Torah, Gospels or 19
th century Judaism.

I simply do not know any other way to express this fact to the great viewers here at this great and wonderful forum.

In plain text - - Can You not see that it is like a person taking a walk in the Arabian desert 4,000 years after Ishmael existed and they see a stone or a tree or a parchment that has the word that sounds like Ishmael upon it - and they suddenly assume and imagine that this is the Son of Abraham.

It is all assumption. There is NOTHING - NO PROOF } { outside of the Bible } { - that anyone on the planet who were called ISHMAEL, KEDAR, NEBO, DUMA - were related to the SAME Ishmael who was the son of Abraham. Just because a Muslim find a rock with a name that sounds similar or has similar characters or sounds - like Ishmael, Kedar or Dumah - they began to invent and mound up, pile and compile and fold together and FABRICATE many additional claims about the area and make a whole report or a begin to make a whole book about how this character was somehow the Person of the Ishmael and His children in the Bible. It is all assumed. FAKE.

NOTHING. - It is all the figment of the Imagination, assumption, and fantasy.

Mohammad - knew nothing about the Descendants and ancestry of Ishmael or any of His sons. - All of these books, narratives, assumptions, and assertions were fabricated and made up after Mohammad.

And the only evidence that You will ever, ever, ever show - are post-Mohammad artifacts and 18 and 19-century booklets and claims. This is all that exists.

The World of the Middle East ( outside of the Bible ) left behind absolutely nothing ( OF A REAL TIME - LIVE RECORDED RECORD ) that mentions anyone { living and known of Ishmaelites } - at that very moment from Ishmael who was from the Abraham Of The Bible. It is all a fantasy that You prop up, based on circular reasoning and Pre-existing Biblical manuscripts. The People called Ishmaelites are not even mentioned in the Bible after the reign of King David.

Yes, there is the region, lands, and areas where KEDAR, NEBO, and DUMA had once lived in. But outside of the Bible RECORD - there is no proof or mention that ANY people living in these lands are related to Ishmael from Abraham.

We find nothing, outside of the Bible.

Mohammad said that anyone who claims to know my ancestors has lied.

Ibn Ishak was accused of being guilty of forgery and fabricating false genealogies.

But - Mohammed said that He knew nothing about his ancestors until Al-Nather Bin Kinaneh, Mohammad demanded that anyone who claimed otherwise or added further ancestors, has lied.

Mohammed knew about the genealogy of his family or tribe going back around 510 years. - There have been thousands of Ibn Ishak's who have invented and fabricated genealogies and fake books, fake manuscripts, fake artifacts, and fraudulent stories. - ALL OF THEM - do not have any evidence of existing before Mohammad. Not a single name of the Descendants of Ishmael or the sons of Ishmael are mentioned in the Quran. - There is not a single person living at Mohammad's time who is named after Ishmael or any of His sons.

All of these names suddenly begin to re -surface - after His revelations, prophecies and spiritual claims.

Yes, I believe that Islamic and Christian theological concepts of God can be reconciled to each side - but there is nothing un - reconciled

What is there to reconcile. ? ? what is left unclear about their opposing characteristics and deities ?

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
But - I have personally had great Muslim friends and we reconciled our own separate and opposing concepts of God between ourselves privately
You show your religion as undecided. Yet, from your writing, it is clear that you are a Muslim.

bitehoney

I would never decide my own " religion " And I never have,

I leave it open to others to play around with the many, many labels. Please feel free to arrange them as You please.

lukethethird

unknown member
I believe if you are referring to God, the answer is that my experience is that He does know everything. Of course that is by extension because He hasn't told me everything.
So the idea that Santa knows is fiction, but the idea that God knows is non fiction?

ecco

Veteran Member
I believe if you are referring to God, the answer is that my experience is that He does know everything. Of course that is by extension because He hasn't told me everything.

So you acknowledge the fact that before God created Adam & Eve, he knew they were going to disobey Him.