• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can I see your mandir (temple)?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
This is mine. :)

Home Page - HTCC

maxresdefault (1).jpg

A bit more has been added outdoors since this picture, but its a good aerial shot.

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Probably different temples. The one Jai goes to is Sri Vaishnava.

It would be nice to meet with Jai (or anyone from this forum for that matter) as I would like to take satsang beyond the boundaries of this forum.

If you would really trust me, you might know I am a classic introvert and a totally shy person.

But something inside of me is changing and make me yearn to meet with Sattwic/spiritual persons.

Not to divert the focus of this thread, but if anyone is interested, we can meet at Boston ISKCON or Sri Lakshmi temples.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It would be nice to meet with Jai (or anyone from this forum for that matter) as I would like to take satsang beyond the boundaries of this forum.

If you would really trust me, you might know I am a classic introvert and a totally shy person.

But something inside of me is changing and make me yearn to meet with Sattwic/spiritual persons.

Not to divert the focus of this thread, but if anyone is interested, we can meet at Boston ISKCON or Sri Lakshmi temples.
The Sri Lakshmi temple is still on my bucket list, although it seems this bucket list will get extended into next lifetime.

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
The Sri Lakshmi temple is still on my bucket list, although it seems this bucket list will get extended into next lifetime.

Vinayaka ji,

I would love to meet with you if you would come down to Boston/Ashland.

Yes, the Lord Shiva and Shakti shrine at Sri Lakshmi is a special place, they do all abhishekams and aradhana rigorously and ritually there.... Also Ganesh and Muruga are there in the temple.

You can plan for a day's visit and come visit our home too and spend the day with us, if possible. We would love to have spiritual-minded people visit us.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
This is the one in the Cleveland area that I went to.

Temple2020.jpg

Not sure it would be fair to call it “mine” since I’ve only been there twice.

As you know, I've been to quite a few temples across the US, and Canada. And if you ever read my posts, you'll also know that I think temples vary in their vibration. Although there is never a bad vibration, some just exude more energy than others. So it's strong, and stronger in the rating of sannidhyam. I much prefer the ones with a single strong central sanctum, like the one here, or the Balaji temple in Cleveland, or the Venkateswara temple in Pittsburg. And I'm not alone. In Atlanta, and in Chicago, at the Lemont temple, there are two temples, side by side, but housed in different temples. (At Lemont, a hallway connects the two.) Often a separate priesthood is hired to serve the two, although one side will be assistants when the other has a major festival.

What this does, in my view, is focus all the energy from the devotees into a single place. You know who you're going to see when you go there. According to shastra, (the Agamas) it is the God who owns the temple, runs the temple. It's His or Her house, not the devotees. But the priests and devotees do help with building the sannidhyam, and using strong correct mantras etc, helps that. Celebrating the sectarian festivals only helps that. Here we don't celebrate Ram Navami for example. Other temple in town do. We celebrate Thai Pusam, the Brahmottsavam, and Skanda Shasthi. Other temples don't know what those are.

The temple here that you mention is the second variety, a blend of many Gods, with no really clear Supreme God. By definition, there is only one Supreme god. Keeping these reasons in mind, some day I hope you go to the Venkateswara temple there, and see if you can feel the difference.

Chakra

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
There’s an ISKCON temple listed for Towaco, NJ. From the zip code it’s northern NJ, quite a way from me. I doubt I can get to temple next weekend, but it would be nice to meet. :)