• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can I move to Japan ?

ronki23

Hey,

I never seem to get to visit Japan- it's now the 4th year I've waited to go there ☹️ I've been interested in Japan for 20 years. The furthest East I've been is China and while many people go to Hong Kong, it going to become Communist in 2047 (plus property is expensive and there's typhoon season).

I haven't had a job for years due to my depression but when I did work it was volunteer work 2014-2016 and before that it was working for GAME and Domino's Pizza.

I have a Bachelors and a Masters in Business Management but I don't understand Japanese. I've not bothered learning it as I haven't had a paid graduate job.

My depression is part of/ enhanced by my Aspergers

P.S. I don't think I can go to Japan on vacation because I can't use the hot springs or bath houses due to my tattoos

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Hey,

I never seem to get to visit Japan- it's now the 4th year I've waited to go there ☹️ I've been interested in Japan for 20 years. The furthest East I've been is China and while many people go to Hong Kong, it going to become Communist in 2047 (plus property is expensive and there's typhoon season).

I haven't had a job for years due to my depression but when I did work it was volunteer work 2014-2016 and before that it was working for GAME and Domino's Pizza.

I have a Bachelors and a Masters in Business Management but I don't understand Japanese. I've not bothered learning it as I haven't had a paid graduate job.

My depression is part of/ enhanced by my Aspergers

P.S. I don't think I can go to Japan on vacation because I can't use the hot springs or bath houses due to my tattoos

You can use the onsens there if you cover your tattoos. They have influxes of foreign visitors and while you may get an askew glance they won't detract from the experience. As for moving their, good luck. I loved their in the military for 4 years, I loved it. But I don't think getting a work visa is easy for Japan, they have very stringent immigration due to the small country size and large population.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why don't you learn Japanese?
For someone who's been interested in the country for years and longs to go there, I don't understand why you haven't prepared by removing this major impediment.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
You can use the onsens there if you cover your tattoos. They have influxes of foreign visitors and while you may get an askew glance they won't detract from the experience. As for moving their, good luck. I loved their in the military for 4 years, I loved it. But I don't think getting a work visa is easy for Japan, they have very stringent immigration due to the small country size and large population.

Depends what you mean by 'move there' but I've had a friend and a cousin who moved there for 1-2 year periods with a working visa. No way they could stay permanently as far as I know, so they ended up bringing Japanese girlfriends back to Australia...