• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can God See the Dark?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I just checked, and nope, everybody still knows it's you.

Thats not the story i get.

methinks.jpg

Curious George

Veteran Member
For the purposes of this argument, assume that an omniscient being (God) exist that senses all things at all times. That means he can see all objects regardless of light level. That means the dark is no hinderance to his perception. Would that not mean that he can not see the darkness at all? Afterall, the darkness dosen't exist, it just us being unable to perceive objects without light, while God can.
Is this driving at one of the contradictions between omniscient and omnipotent or is it focusing on the contradictions of omniscient?

We "see" based on our ability to perceive light. An entity that can perceive light can see. In your opening we are told that this entity can sense all things. Light is a thing. Therefore this entity can perceive light. Therefore this entity can see.

Darkness is not our inability to percieve without light. Darkness is the absence of light. So nothing can see in complete darkness as nothing can perceive light in the total absence of light.