• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can God See the Dark?

Cooky

Veteran Member
And plants, quite a godly feat.
passion-flower-detail-david-chalker.jpg

...Pretty amazing.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Tricky one, sound doesn't travel in vacuum, but perhaps hd had his head in the clouds

Does sound travel in space?

...If so, I wonder what the sun sounds like.

<EDIT> Sound does not travel in space.
Is there sound in space?

...But it's probably good that there isn't, because the sun would blow our eardrums.

Last edited by a moderator:

exchemist

Veteran Member
For the purposes of this argument, assume that an omniscient being (God) exist that senses all things at all times. That means he can see all objects regardless of light level. That means the dark is no hinderance to his perception. Would that not mean that he can not see the darkness at all? Afterall, the darkness dosen't exist, it just us being unable to perceive objects without light, while God can.
I'm sure God would just perceive the absence of this range of the electromagnetic spectrum at the location in question. He would think to Himself, "Ah yes, this is what these humans call "dark"".

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
For the purposes of this argument, assume that an omniscient being (God) exist that senses all things at all times. That means he can see all objects regardless of light level. That means the dark is no hinderance to his perception. Would that not mean that he can not see the darkness at all? Afterall, the darkness dosen't exist, it just us being unable to perceive objects without light, while God can.

Since my God isn't an anthropomorphic version, the argument is moot.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Nice. What is it?

I think all flowers are amazing. Unfortunately winter is close and flowers have flown south for the season
Not sure what the blue and purple one was, but at my house, the Birds of Paradise stay right here.:)

20181118_141036.jpg

...There is no winter in SoCal.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I dare say if I were omniscient then I wouldn't need senses ─ they couldn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

But I can't think of any way of demonstrating that any particular real being is omniscient. Why does anyone thing God is?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
The scriptures use the term "almighty" to describe God. That means literally "all strength". So in other words whatever power does exist belongs to God. It's not even dealing with all possible power but whatever power is real.

There we go.

Faithofchristian

As to where do you get that God as being
( Omniscient) and where do you get that God can not see darkness.

God said that he created darkness and light. So how is it that you say God can not see darkness.

IsaiahX

Ape That Loves
Abrahamic God, YWHW or Jesus or Allah, can't even see a few yards away.
That's why Eve and Adam did what they did. Because God isn't particularly able. He can't explain the outcome of eating the fruit, and He can't undo the results.
Tom

The point of this thread wasn't to debate Abrahamic theology. It was simply a thought experiment dealing with any hypothetical being, not even considering specific religions.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
The only one able to see the Dark is the Furtive Pygmy, so easily forgotten. For when the other Lords reached into the First Flame and pulled out their souls, the Pygmy received the Dark Soul, the essence of humanity.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

the darkness is as light with love. with love comes understanding, dawn.

psalms 139:12
even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

Well we have to consider the Creator does not observe the universe as we do but beyond so yes.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Your post said

You're likely wasting your time on this. I just did this dance with him last evening.

I'm learning his MO is to post ambiguous statements and then insult people's intelligence by stating that they misinterpreted what he meant. They have a name for that behavior... :D