• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can God be Experienced?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Using language about God, Hawking told TIME after the book’s release, is more figurative than literal.

“God is the name people give to the reason we are here,” he said. “But I think that reason is the laws of physics rather than someone with whom one can have a personal relationship. An impersonal God.”
Stephen Hawking's Thoughts on Atheism, God and Death

As a human who pondered why males in science named God the Creator aspect in the Universe was obvious to mean by name inference, impersonal.

O we always stated as a human was the angel of God that had gone to Hell in spatial creation and became stone. Our Earth God was a stone angel.

O therefore proves that mass by defined human thinking existed first.....as natural mass.

O began to change by pressure . in the middle of O

O . to - at the side is how the story of God is taught in spiritual science.
From - the side into the fall O to spin around back to wholeness as it changed within the O value of wholeness.

G....represented that symbolic inference,
falling by the side back into O wholeness.
D, the split of wholeness O constantly losing itself by D and D.

D given an evaluation of 500, and D and D the God value of 1000.

So I said to self, that GOD was a scientific impersonal named event about what human males always said......O bodies were released from eternal mass, that owned no descriptive analogy....fell into burning...and then cooled in space as the spatial body that lost the O mass opened into a deep empty pit...by expansion.

Expansion in space then proves that O mass once used to fill in that space, proving how much of the eternal mass body had been lost into mass O creation. The aspect of God the impersonal statement in male sciences.

How I told that story in my life psyche by asking spirit, in self mind/consciousness spiritual questions. And as the human being is owner of the words, use of thoughts and descriptions, and gave me human answers. The answers were correct by dictionary meaning and encyclopaedic information......so I said to self that spiritual higher ancient awareness....which is proven by their forms of technology knew more spiritual advice and information than what we all knew in modern day life.

Which to my life and psyche made common sense seeing we studied Egyptian sciences and said it mutated radiated our life. We might have all died back then and simply re emerged....as we are proven to have lived before a very long time ago on Earth and taught self that we returned to human life and were reincarnated.

To tell the stories of the UFO Sun radiation wars and the destruction of our Universal planetary history.

And how evil male human scientists are by male mind and personal choice in what they research and believe in.

PearlSeeker

Yes, but my point is that states of awareness are realities, and the 'highest' state is the true, Objective reality; the reality congruent with physics. The others are various iterations of dream states.
This states of wakefulness are pictures of reality (of lower or higher quality) not reality itself.

PearlSeeker

I'll admit that it's POSSIBLE... yet there are significant differences. In the case of a sunset or birth of a child we can readily identify the source of the emotions. Others near you can experience a similar response from the same 'real' and identifiable 'something'. Now, I have had times when I've felt the same sense of oneness and well being but for no apparent reason, while simply sitting in traffic for instance. However, having never been indoctrinated to believe in any religion, my first reaction isn't to assume it's some god being. The logical conclusion that I come to is that for some reason the same chemicals that cause me to have that sensation during a sunset are being released while I'm sitting in traffic.
You said it's possible. I appreciate your love of truth. And it's also possible an experience is created in mind. How do we discern real from apparent?

Yes, the case of sunset is different. Let's assume the same example with different circumstances. All near you are blind. You are also blind. Suppose blindness is a normal condition. One day for some reason you start seeing anf you see sunlight and Sun before your eyes. Then you go back to blindness. You don't know what it was, what has happened but you remember you've heard there have been some similar cases recorded. How's that?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This states of wakefulness are pictures of reality (of lower or higher quality) not reality itself.
OK, no disagreement... but I'm not sure we're on the same page here. You do realize I'm saying our whole, waking-state world is an illusion? -- rocks, time, neighbors, cars -- all just a dream which will dissipate when we wake up?

QuestioningMind

You said it's possible. I appreciate your love of truth. And it's also possible an experience is created in mind. How do we discern real from apparent?

Yes, the case of sunset is different. Let's assume the same example with different circumstances. All near you are blind. You are also blind. Suppose blindness is a normal condition. One day for some reason you start seeing anf you see sunlight and Sun before your eyes. Then you go back to blindness. You don't know what it was, what has happened but you remember you've heard there have been some similar cases recorded. How's that?

Interesting analogy, though I think a more accurate one would be if you suddenly started hearing voices that no one else could hear. Now you've heard of people having similar experiences, but you're also aware that many people who hear voices no one else can are suffering from a psychological disorder. Would the logical conclusion be that since you're now hearing these voices that the people who have been classified as mentally unstable were misdiagnosed and there really are people whose dogs talk to them and tell them to kill people? Or would the logical conclusion be that perhaps you are suffering from some sort of mental disorder as well?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Ask science is it real as compared to their natural self presence.

When science tries to claim as a human that they can relate information consciously about when they personally did not own a life or their chemistry as that conscious body, by conditions science.

Science, the meaning and history of its inventions was never to discuss the relativity of how a human being got created, it was applied human reasoning for a machine and a machine reaction to force change NATURAL and natural history by determined realization.

Conscious males as a group said I am the highest form in the creation of all bodies...I will give them all a name. They never owned any name in their natural Universal or cosmological creation.

Humans therefore claimed self hierarchy in the science of a human expression...and lied.

For males to claim and a Sun, being a huge body of self presence and powers, yet relate that body to miniscule Earth gained causes. Seems to have overlooked that the natural body is what he first originally discusses, not the reaction.

For example. A UFO radiation mass comes through space....what is it in space?

He does not know.

It arrives for his science machines inside of the atmosphere, which is natural history, cold gases and changes itself. He only sees the change. Then an alien image appears in that change. So he knows straight away that the alien image cannot evolve...for it already manifested in the same natural gas mass that we bio humans live in.

Do you own the alien experience scientist? Yes he would claim for I knowingly as a choice, human applied caused it. Yet it is not ownership and it is why consciousness was taught against claims of elitism...ownership and power mongering and lying.....as a factual human teaching to self lying.

So conscious humanity called that status the ANTI state...anti to self existing for an applied human healer/medical defined conscious teaching, as the correct reasoning...to be conscious and not to be a scientific destroyer.

So males researched ^ and o in a vision that was RECORDED...so recorded means past and past means vision. SION....he says is in the past and it is not in his presence...….for he is his own presence human.

^ and o science and machine.....^ stone mass and o metal.. Machine idealism.

O God the actual natural body in cosmological history beneath a flooded Earth water body. God O the Earth body in this story beneath the water or body of water. Its face was therefore on the water.

^ pyramid theory however by ancient term was not.

^ and o machine theme for a human scientist...the liar.

He notified self by flat topping of the mountain, disintegration of mass, how to release energy power out of the stone.....which is an act of EVIL.

For it was not occurring where he naturally as a human was living.
So science was never invented as a story to define how a human was created...science was only invented for machine and reaction.

How science developed science is a lie about egotism.

Therefore as he built the machine that did not exist...and nor did the reaction....the first science pyramid machine can only be reviewed as being a human experiment on self. And he was attacked and encoded with a returned mass of UFO metal.....that had been removed historically.

How a male invented a personal life bio attack on his chemistry, mind and behaviours.

Science caused.

Therefore as science owned the machination to encode personal life body and voice recording, he introduced that event into the Earth atmosphere, that relates to human being scientists and their machine inventions.

So of course science misdiagnosed the reason why voices are heard in radiation radio wave chemical mind burning of the status to see vision and also hear voice...and changed it their own selves.

Why science was determined in the past by title of Satanism, the humans who believe in burning/irradiating others in unnatural science caused fall out attacks by and because of machinery.

Earth had naturally and factually been scientifically changed....as natural life that does not own the hearing of the voice unnaturally proves that fact.

So of course as science is the owner of determined all medical references also...relating to occult machine references, since when would any organization of a human greedy life past be motivated to be advised of any personal truth?

For it is always human motivated group choices that is involved in truth being taught or coercive lying as a self represented reasoning....human.

Muffled

Jesus in me
If you take to an expression of a created God in your subjective experience and buy into that expression of a God that you took in, then that God takes on life in all sorts of ways. Of course I believe that people can create their own realities internally.

I believe that can happen and I would know the difference.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Interesting analogy, though I think a more accurate one would be if you suddenly started hearing voices that no one else could hear. Now you've heard of people having similar experiences, but you're also aware that many people who hear voices no one else can are suffering from a psychological disorder. Would the logical conclusion be that since you're now hearing these voices that the people who have been classified as mentally unstable were misdiagnosed and there really are people whose dogs talk to them and tell them to kill people? Or would the logical conclusion be that perhaps you are suffering from some sort of mental disorder as well?
The fact that there's no consensus on what the voices were like or what they were saying militates against their being actual apprehensions of a reality. If, on the other hand, the sunset reporters are in accord, the claims might merit further investigation.

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
@Sunstone If St. Paul is right that, "in him we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28) then its arguable that we experience God every minute of every day in every single thing we say, do, feel, touch, taste or see.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can god be experienced?

How do you know?

Yes, very much so.

With God, I can find the power to be more than I am, I can find a person of spiritual attributes that will live a life for others rather than self.

It takes constant work and constant reflection as to be able to shine forth what is from God and subdue what is of this world.

Those that have truly found this path become the people we rarely hear about, they are the unsung hero's that serve in silence, in no need of anything but that experience of God, given in service.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Sunstone If St. Paul is right that, "in him we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28) then its arguable that we experience God every minute of every day in every single thing we say, do, feel, touch, taste or see.

Yes, very much so.

With God, I can find the power to be more than I am, I can find a person of spiritual attributes that will live a life for others rather than self.

It takes constant work and constant reflection as to be able to shine forth what is from God and subdue what is of this world.

Those that have truly found this path become the people we rarely hear about, they are the unsung hero's that serve in silence, in no need of anything but that experience of God, given in service.

Regards Tony

I see the only reason we do not experience God, is our worldly distractions, otherwise the experience we have with God is every thought we can have. We can change our lives to reflect what is from God.

Regards Tony

PearlSeeker

OK, no disagreement... but I'm not sure we're on the same page here. You do realize I'm saying our whole, waking-state world is an illusion? -- rocks, time, neighbors, cars -- all just a dream which will dissipate when we wake up?
Yes. When you wake up illusion (old picture) dissipates. But reality remains. It "becomes" more. Not less. You begin to see "more than rocks", "more than time"... (Actually I should say "more than you" and "more than see".) Right?

Last edited:

PearlSeeker

There are no quick conclusions for a questioning mind. ;)

Maybe in this case: There is black and there is white. But there is also grey.

QuestioningMind

I do understand that most people do not have time to read a long series of articles, but with all due respect, I would consider what you did as cherry picking.

Fenwick believes that consciousness actually exists independently and outside of the brain as an inherent property of the universe itself like dark matter and dark energy or gravity. I do not buy the cosmic consciousness hypothesis as it was presented because it does not align with what I believe about the afterlife. However, it makes sense that since science cannot explain consciousness then there may well be explanations that are rarely embraced by mainstream scientists simply because it can’t be measured using currently available technology. However, that does not mean that no explanations exist.

Can Science Explain Consciousness?
Science has provided humanity with an incredible understanding of our physical world. But when it comes to the issue of the human mind, progress has been slow and littered with issues. Materialist science is attempting to prove that consciousness is merely a byproduct of the complex processes in the brain, and inseparable from the physical body. In simpler terms, your “mind” is the resulting process of neurons firing in your brain, nothing more and nothing less. Unfortunately, there is no actual neurological proof to support this idea, and for many who are deeply studying the question of the mind, these scientists are not looking in the right place, or using the right methods.

Alternative theories propose non-local consciousness: the idea that our brains are merely the physical conduit for the mind, not the source of its origin. These theories often explore fringe cases, such as near-death experiences, precognition, and psychic phenomena, in hopes that they can provide a more complete picture of the human mind. Of course, the majority of this evidence is not measurable to the extent that most mainstream, materialist scientists would accept. Responding to eye-witness accounts describing near-death experience, Neil DeGrasse Tyson said:

“Give me something that does not have to flow through your senses, because your senses are some of the worst data taking devices that exist, and modern science did not achieve maturity until we had instruments that either extended our senses or replaced them.”

Indeed, from the simplest microscope to the large hadron collider, it is impossible to imagine scientific progress without such instruments. But, if our senses are considered fallible as scientific instruments, what should we make of the mind we use to process and interpret this collected data? Human consciousness must be considered as unreliable as our senses, perhaps even more unreliable, as we know far less about the mind than we do about our sense organs.

This paradoxical reality is a serious issue for science: how can we study the human mind if the only tool we have at our disposal is the human mind itself?

In his book, Why Science Is Wrong, science podcaster Alex Tsakiris sums up the problem: “If my consciousness is more than my physical brain, then consciousness is the X-factor in every science experiment. It’s the asterisk in the footnotes that says, ‘We came as close as we could, but we had to leave out consciousness in order to make our numbers work.’”

Does Consciousness Exist Outside the Brain?
Part of this “consciousness problem” in scientific study is the “observer effect”: the theory that simply observing a situation or phenomenon necessarily changes that phenomenon. On a quantum level, physicists found that even passive observation of quantum phenomena can change the measured result, leading to the popular belief that a conscious mind can directly affect reality.

According to physicist John Wheeler, quantum mechanics implies that our observations of reality influence its unfolding. We live in a “participatory universe,” in which mind is as important as matter. Our belief in what is possible might actually create those possibilities, and it might reinforce the physical nature of our entire universe. If we do, in fact, co-create a shared consciousness, then our beliefs would necessarily influence our science.

Dan Siegel, a professor of psychiatry at UCLA School of Medicine, has argued for decades that we can not simply look inside the brain when trying to understand the mind: “I realized if someone asked me to define the coastline but insisted, is it the water or the sand, I would have to say the coast is both sand and sea,” says Siegel. “I started thinking, maybe the mind is like the coastline. Your thoughts, feelings, memories, attention, what you experience in this subjective world is part of mind.”

Those exploring the outer frontiers of consciousness study are willing to take this idea much, much further. Ervin Laszlo, PhD is one of many thinkers who proposes the idea of a cosmic consciousness, describing it as a web that connects the entire universe. This field manifests locally in the human brain, theoretically meaning that the brain is able to connect to the consciousness of the entire universe. He calls this deep dimension of consciousness the Akashic Field, borrowing the term from ancient Hindu philosophy. In support of this theory, he presents numerous case-studies of near-death experiences, after-death communication, and recollections of past lives.

Laszlo writes:

“We are beginning to see the entire universe as a holographically interlinked network of energy and information. We, and all things in the universe, are non-locally connected with each other and with all other things in ways that are unfettered by the hitherto known limitations of space and time.”

Those “known limitations of space and time” are the border walls of materialist science, and in the last century, quantum mechanics has begun to tear that wall down, one brick at a time. Quantum entanglement proves that tiny particles can communicate instantaneously in defiance of our known rules governing space and time. Many have hypothesized that if these tiny particles can remain connected outside of standard physical means, than the entire universe is inherently connected, as Laszlo and others have suggested. And while that may someday be proven true, we have barely scratched the surface when it comes to the quantum implications of the mind.

Although there is extensive evidence for non-local consciousness, it is rarely embraced by mainstream scientists because it can’t be measured using currently available technology, and that makes significant progress challenging. Accepting non-locality forces the rejection of a purely materialist worldview, and that is a huge disruption for our current scientific paradigm, which dominates consensus thinking on how we understand the world. Yet, the study of consciousness is slowly forcing materialistic science to admit it may not be able to explain everything.

As Nikola Tesla famously said, “The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” The study of human consciousness could be the motivating factor pushing us towards that new frontier.

Consciousness Is A Big Problem For Science | Gaia

Sorry, but what I did was NOT cherry picking. I read the entire article that you claimed provided empirical evidence, an article about a man's untested hypothesis. And at the end of the article it VERY CLEARLY stated that this man's untested hypothesis could NOT be considered empirical evidence. That's NOT cherry picking. That's pointing out that your claim that the article provided empirical evidence simply is not true. In fact, by claiming that the article provided empirical evidence when it actually just provided an untested hypothesis, YOU are the one who was attempting to cherry pick. You wanted me to read the arguments for his untested hypotheses, but skip over the part about it NOT being empirical evidence.

The rest of what you wrote is no different. There are plenty of scientists who have hypothesized that consciousness exists outside of a physical brain, but until one of them comes up with a way to TEST this hypothesis, it will forever remain an untested guess and NOT empirical evidence. IF they can find a way to test it then they MIGHT someday have empirical evidence. But until they do, they don't.