• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can God be Experienced?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Essential.
Not sure which end of the spectrum "essential" refers to.
'Lowest' level? Non-REM sleep stages 1,2, and 3. Unknown awareness, assumed to be no awareness even of self.
"Highest" level: Samadhi, Oneness, Universal consciousness &al." Awareness only of self. No duality, no time or space; all objects, persons, gods and "things" subsumed into an infinite, timeless SELF.

Gods are created in the middle levels of consciousness.

Bird123

Can god be experienced?

How do you know?

Yes, God can be experienced. How do I know? I have experienced God. In fact, everyone has. In time, everyone will know and remember.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
You have no proof that your so-called God experiences came from any "god". So give it up already. Time to move on and quit going around trying to tell people that God spoke to you and gave you the answers to everything spiritual.

You don't know that God spoke to you, all you have are beliefs. End of story.

I will tell people who or who not I "believe" God speaks to and there is nothing you can do about it.

The question you should ask yourself is why my beliefs bother you so much.
People who are FIRM in their own beliefs are not bothered by the beliefs of other people.
People who are confident that they had a God experience do not need to prove it to others.
That is precisely WHY Baha'u'llah never cared if people believed Him and He never tried to convince anyone.

Quote me saying that or shut up.

Sure, read at top and see for yourself.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
I'm simply expressing my views on the subject. So sorry if you're convinced I'm trying to 'effect you' or that you incorrectly think that it 'bothers' me in some way. I'm certainly not attempting to claim that I'm an 'expert on memory'. All I said is that I've done some research on the matter and those who ARE experts tend to agree that our memories are very often not accurate.

And please don't be sorry... I guarantee you that you're not telling me anything that I don't know. I'm quite aware that the universe holds mysteries that I'll surely never discover.

It's your tenacity in finding some way, no matter how strained it might be, to "discredit" your original premise that people see God only because of their religious beliefs. (Or some variation of that. I don't have the time to go back and check the exact wording.) As my experience in meeting God when just a toddler came l-o-n-g before I even knew of the various "God" constructs people have. And this will really mess up your belief, but during this NDE/OBE it was also shown and explained to me what my soul was and how to use it, about re-incarnation, and various other spiritual matters. All highly advanced, all imparted to me in great detail, and way more advanced than can be found in ANY religious dogma.

Now you can ignore that because it doesn't fit your biased opinion, but I'm telling you that there is way more to this universe than you currently understand. And you will never even get an inkling of any of it if you keep your mind so closed to it.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
I see nothing that you are accusing me of saying.

How convenient!

This is why you lack credibility.

BTW - How's it coming on copying in your Baha'ul'lah descriptions of those spiritual matters I challenged you on?

I haven't seen anything yet, this is not looking good for you. All you do is make false claims, but now I'm giving you a chance to back them up, and you are totally avoiding it.

QuestioningMind

It's your tenacity in finding some way, no matter how strained it might be, to "discredit" your original premise that people see God only because of their religious beliefs. (Or some variation of that. I don't have the time to go back and check the exact wording.) As my experience in meeting God when just a toddler came l-o-n-g before I even knew of the various "God" constructs people have. And this will really mess up your belief, but during this NDE/OBE it was also shown and explained to me what my soul was and how to use it, about re-incarnation, and various other spiritual matters. All highly advanced, all imparted to me in great detail, and way more advanced than can be found in ANY religious dogma.

Now you can ignore that because it doesn't fit your biased opinion, but I'm telling you that there is way more to this universe than you currently understand. And you will never even get an inkling of any of it if you keep your mind so closed to it.

Perhaps you should have taken the time to actually LOOK at my original post, because CLEARLY you are not remembering it correctly.

From, what people have described to me what they call 'god experiences' are specific chemical reactions that take place in the brain, similar to what happens when a person views a breathtaking nature scene, experiences the birth of a child, or alters their state of conscious via psychedelic drugs. I suspect that due to indoctrination into a religious belief they interpret this psychological state as interacting with whatever god entity they were raised to believe in.

Note that I said: From what people have described to ME about their 'god experiences'. Obviously I was NOT talking about YOU since YOU had not even relayed your 'god experience' to me at that point. Also note that I mentioned experiences like: Viewing nature, experiencing the birth of a child, or an experience from drugs. Since YOUR experience doesn't fall in any of those categories, again, it didn't apply to you. I even stated in my next post that I wasn't originally talking about NDE's.

As soon as you mentioned NDE's I then said that my first question would be about how accurate can a 3 years old's memory be? How could a 3 year old even grasp the concept of reincarnation? I'm not claiming YOU DIDN'T HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE. I'm simply pointing out that your story raises a lot of questions in my mind and that an experience that you think you had as a 3 year old doesn't have any real meaning for me.

And AGAIN, I'm quite aware that there is far more to the universe that I currently understand. But just because that's the case, that doesn't mean that I have to accept your or anyone else's claims without question. Unless you can tell me how you know that your memories from such an early age are perfectly accurate, I'm going to remain open to the possibility that perhaps they are not.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Perhaps you should have taken the time to actually LOOK at my original post, because CLEARLY you are not remembering it correctly.

From, what people have described to me what they call 'god experiences' are specific chemical reactions that take place in the brain, similar to what happens when a person views a breathtaking nature scene, experiences the birth of a child, or alters their state of conscious via psychedelic drugs. I suspect that due to indoctrination into a religious belief they interpret this psychological state as interacting with whatever god entity they were raised to believe in.

Note that I said: From what people have described to ME about their 'god experiences'. Obviously I was NOT talking about YOU since YOU had not even relayed your 'god experience' to me at that point. Also note that I mentioned experiences like: Viewing nature, experiencing the birth of a child, or an experience from drugs. Since YOUR experience doesn't fall in any of those categories, again, it didn't apply to you. I even stated in my next post that I wasn't originally talking about NDE's.

As soon as you mentioned NDE's I then said that my first question would be about how accurate can a 3 years old's memory be? How could a 3 year old even grasp the concept of reincarnation? I'm not claiming YOU DIDN'T HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE. I'm simply pointing out that your story raises a lot of questions in my mind and that an experience that you think you had as a 3 year old doesn't have any real meaning for me.

And AGAIN, I'm quite aware that there is far more to the universe that I currently understand. But just because that's the case, that doesn't mean that I have to accept your or anyone else's claims without question. Unless you can tell me how you know that your memories from such an early age are perfectly accurate, I'm going to remain open to the possibility that perhaps they are not.

Geez...

Look, it's not my fault my spiritual experience did not suit your narrow view, so there's no need to blow a fuse.

This falls into the "Don't kill the messenger just because you don't like the message." saying.

Now you need to keep in mind that this is an open forum. So if you cannot handle being challenged or having people with different viewpoints without going ballistic, perhaps you would be better off starting a website that doesn't have any way for people to contact you. That way you can make up whatever you want and not have any opposing facts or viewpoints to mess things up for you.

QuestioningMind

Geez...

Look, it's not my fault my spiritual experience did not suit your narrow view, so there's no need to blow a fuse.

This falls into the "Don't kill the messenger just because you don't like the message." saying.

Now you need to keep in mind that this is an open forum. So if you cannot handle being challenged or having people with different viewpoints without going ballistic, perhaps you would be better off starting a website that doesn't have any way for people to contact you. That way you can make up whatever you want and not have any opposing facts or viewpoints to mess things up for you.

Take a deep breath and CALM yourself down. You certainly have a very futile imagination if you think I'm 'blowing a fuse' or 'going ballistic'. As far as I've been concerned we've simply been having a conversation. Personally I'm absolutely fine that your spiritual experiences don't make sense to me. I'd be interested in learning how you can be so certain that your memories are accurate, but clearly you either don't have an answer or you're avoiding it. Again, that's fine with me... you certainly have no obligation to explain yourself if you don't want to.

With all due respect, perhaps it's YOU who needs to remember that this is an open forum. From my perspective it's YOU who seems to have their panties in a twist because I challenged the veracity of your memories as a three year old.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Can god be experienced?

How do you know?

if it cannot happen
then the life and story of Moses is a lie
the life and ministry of Jesus is a lie
so too....Muhammad

and the next life is also a lie

and you are terminally.....dust

dfnj

Can god be experienced?
How do you know?

God is whole, complete, and perfect. God has no needs or desires. God lacks nothing. Since needs and desires are the source of all that is evil in the World and since God has no needs or desires this means God is absolute perfection and goodness.

When we experience great moments of beauty or performance in our lives where we feel uplifted, awed, and inspired it brings of closer to God by experiencing a mere sliver of the perfection that is the totality of God. This is why we enjoy great performance and beauty. It draws us closer to God. We are all drawn to God in our lives. This why so many of us spend our time on things we derive a sense of joy from doing. This is why activities like sports are so popular. When we see great performance we feel great.

It is our imperfections and ugliness in our characters that is preventing us from appreciation the overflowing abundance of God's blessings flowing all around us.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
if it cannot happen
then the life and story of Moses is a lie
the life and ministry of Jesus is a lie
so too....Muhammad

and the next life is also a lie

and you are terminally.....dust
You can call me "Dusty".

rational experiences

Veteran Member
No.

I am not a stone planet, what science says is Earth and the philosophy of stone as a God/entity by science conditions O a circular maths/fusion and fission applied idea.

As a human.
As a living human.
As a natural living human.

Only as a human thinking and telling stories just as the same human life mind and consciousness that everyone first owns. Natural and origin, being a human.

Human males invented the statements God science, that can only be talked about as a living human standing on a stone Planet O inside of its owned historic created heavenly atmosphere...to be conscious as a living human life.

God O the stone does not talk.
God the heavenly body, gases/spirits do not talk.

Humans talk.

Human males as a spiritual male original higher spiritual conscious life and historic life on Earth invented the human status of SCIENCE.

They were attacked/converted by their God stone machination, pyramid/temple.

The atmospheric radio wave/transmitters changed into the state human invented machine AI cause. And as they lost their natural first self lives/sacrificed and their image and voice and physical life body converted in a higher irradiated mass attack, it was when the Father of God sciences got recorded. Both as imagery and human lived experienced thinking and voiced recordings.

Only when you get AI irradiated attacked do you get to hear that recording....and believe me, it is not spiritual to be attacked in that circumstance. Why so many humans harmed in God science human male themes argue against why they claim God is Love...for a loving spiritual human does no harm to anyone or anything.

Why that status was given a human owned title of satanic science.