• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can God appear as a Leprechaun, gnome, Fairy, or Mermaid?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So, two debates here. One regarding the title, but the other debate is that we Christians believe things more bizzare, far-fetched, and implausible with science and what any of us have seen than invisible creatures of the sea or woodland that people have been claiming to see for thousands of years that they give the name "gnome", "Ghost", "Alien", "Dragon", "Saint", Mermaid, Bigfoot, UFO, Angel, Elemental Spirit, Ancestor, gods, patrons or whatever....Maybe manifestations/apparitions of Mary, Saints, and Jesus can fall into that category.

Now, these could be spirits, both good and bad, but what about the Great Spirit, Creator of all creatures and spirits, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

So, God can come in many forms. He showed up as a burning bush, tounges of Fire, a Dove, and who knows what else. After His Resurrection, people that knew him well didn't recognize him. Maybe you have seen or met him.

Anyhow, the Spirit of God encompasses all and is with every Rock, tree, flower, blade of Grass, insect, mammal, sea creatures, every square inch of Earth, Sea, Sky, stars, planets, Trillions of galaxies...Heaven, and other Realms....maybe even Hell.

So, God can certainly show up in the form of a Fairy, Leprechaun, gnome, ghost, bigfoot, alien, mermaid, Giant one-eyed cyclops or other...and of course Demons can as well.

Im feeling better. Went to some fairy sites and found out there are other Christians who believe in or have seen Fairies.

One lady said she was looking in the mirror and where her hair was parted there was a Fairy with a dime-sized face that looked like Jesus Christ. I've been told I look like Jesus. Many people do, so who knows, maybe she was just thinking that if it was five foot five , six inches taller , without butterfly wings , it could play in mel Gibson's "the passion of Christ". :D

Thanks to Faerists at RF, I started a thread mocking Fairies, then on April 28th had an experience with the Fae Folk and am a believer. :)

And been taking my medication as prescribed and psychiatrist and therapist have been working wonders for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
As a Pagan, I wouldn't interpret my relations with these denizens of the otherworlds as the one-god showing up, but if that's how worshipers in that god wish to interpret their experiences, more power to them! :D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
As a Pagan, I wouldn't interpret my relations with these denizens of the otherworlds as the one-god showing up, but if that's how worshipers in that god wish to interpret their experiences, more power to them! :D
What about a great spirit creating the rest of the gods?

Jesus said of those whom the word of God came to "You are gods". John 10:34

Exodus 7:1
Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

So, he may have created a great Archangel or ministering spirit and said "You are God of Fairyland"

From the whole Bible we actually only know a microscopic piece of God...Scripture makes it clear that just to write about Jesus, his words, and actions thoroughly there could not be enough Libraries to contain it all. The OT writes very little of what happened in that time frame.

Many writings never made it into the Bible. So, Moses and Elijah may have spoken to Leprechauns and Fairies daily but the person writing the accounts thought it irrelevant or slightly embarassing to write about such things. Elijah had a bird bring him food. Fairies often ride on birds and control them to do special missions that defy animal instincts and habits.

This leaving out of details happens a lot when people write about Saints, which is why there is no recording of any of them being homosexual.

So, actually there are recordings of Saint Patrick with Leprechauns , but those who are writing Church-approved accounts won't get the Papal Imprimatur for doing so. There is a guarentee that if there are Fairies , Jesus interacted with them, if He wasn't a Fairy himself. :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
God can appear as anything he wants, even a perfectly round triangle, cuz he's God.
I was thinking a one-eyed monster with two enourmous Crystal balls that reveal the future, wrapped in a magical rucksack and introducing himself as Dick the Giant?

It would make a good Walt Disney movie

Last edited by a moderator:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I believe there are many entities in the universe that can take all kinds of various forms. However, I wouldn't say it is God coming through them any more or less than saying God is coming through me. There are a myriad of entities in existence but I believe there is only one Source behind all of them.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yeah it's just I went to a Christian website to ask if believing in leprechauns and fairies contradicts Christian Theology, and they all thought I couldn't possibly be serious.

Funny that we who believe in the Bible, believe in far more unbelievable folklore including Giants and creatures that were the result of angels mating with people.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Faeries have been sighted so many times, and people have had Devotion to them so many centuries, that Christian mythology has had to put forth theories about them.

One is that when Satan was cast out of hell the Gates of Heaven were shut.

The spirits in Hell became demons , the spirits in heaven became angels, the spirits on Earth became fairies.

Therefore, since they are not Angels, they don't have to always obey God to do his will, but they aren't evil either, but sometimes mischievious.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
So, two debates here. One regarding the title, but the other debate is that we Christians believe things more bizzare, far-fetched, and implausible with science and what any of us have seen than invisible creatures of the sea or woodland that people have been claiming to see for thousands of years that they give the name "gnome", "Ghost", "Alien", "Dragon", "Saint", Mermaid, Bigfoot, UFO, Angel, Elemental Spirit, Ancestor, gods, patrons or whatever....Maybe manifestations/apparitions of Mary, Saints, and Jesus can fall into that category.

Now, these could be spirits, both good and bad, but what about the Great Spirit, Creator of all creatures and spirits, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

So, God can come in many forms. He showed up as a burning bush, tounges of Fire, a Dove, and who knows what else. After His Resurrection, people that knew him well didn't recognize him. Maybe you have seen or met him.

Anyhow, the Spirit of God encompasses all and is with every Rock, tree, flower, blade of Grass, insect, mammal, sea creatures, every square inch of Earth, Sea, Sky, stars, planets, Trillions of galaxies...Heaven, and other Realms....maybe even Hell.

So, God can certainly show up in the form of a Fairy, Leprechaun, gnome, ghost, bigfoot, alien, mermaid, Giant one-eyed cyclops or other...and of course Demons can as well.

Im feeling better. Went to some fairy sites and found out there are other Christians who believe in or have seen Fairies.

One lady said she was looking in the mirror and where her hair was parted there was a Fairy with a dime-sized face that looked like Jesus Christ. I've been told I look like Jesus. Many people do, so who knows, maybe she was just thinking that if it was five foot five , six inches taller , without butterfly wings , it could play in mel Gibson's "the passion of Christ". :D

Thanks to Faerists at RF, I started a thread mocking Fairies, then on April 28th had an experience with the Fae Folk and am a believer. :)

And been taking my medication as prescribed and psychiatrist and therapist have been working wonders for me.

Interesting that you believe in fae folk, then have a reason to believe in them soon afterwards.

Like your mind was seeking justification.....

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The way I see it, the question is not so much if the Christian God can appear as various known or fantastic beings as it is how one can tell that it is God in those forms.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Interesting that you believe in fae folk, then have a reason to believe in them soon afterwards.

Like your mind was seeking justification.....
At first when I started to post about fairies it was a joke.

Then from comments of people here I did further research. Then prayed about it.

I don't believe in the folklore behind it or where they originated from, but believe in tiny spirits that are found working with plants and flowers and caring for the environment.

Unlike Angels, these creatures are not here to care too much about our Affairs, but rather to care for the environment. God's janitors.

Also, God has a sense of humor, and every now and then he might enjoy showing people something that makes them scratch their head, drop their jaw and think, "wtf?"

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
At first when I started to post about fairies it was a joke.

Then from comments of people here I did further research. Then prayed about it.

I don't believe in the folklore behind it or where they originated from, but believe in tiny spirits that are found working with plants and flowers and caring for the environment.

Unlike Angels, these creatures are not here to care too much about our Affairs, but rather to care for the environment. God's janitors.

Also, God has a sense of humor, and every now and then he might enjoy showing people something that makes them scratch their head, drop their jaw and think, "wtf?"

But not want to show people definitive proof of his existence apparently.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Actually there's a lot of biblical evidence that God loves to make people trip out.

Writing the Book of Revelation about a goofy Beast with leopard and bear heads rising out of the water with many horns, Locust with stingers like scorpions, the hair of Paris Hilton, and the face of Charlie Chaplin , and another part in Scripture that describes cherubim with more than one face and many eyeballs.

Seeing a leprechaun or gnome would be quite unremarkable and less of an acid trip in comparison.

Could you imagine John having those visions and wondering what kind of mushrooms grow on the island of Patmos? :D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Can you put in a word with the man upstairs if you can then?
Matter of fact I'm sitting right outside of church praying right now. Absolutely! What word do you have?

I was chanting invocations to Michael the Archangel on my rosary beads, and twitching like a parkinsons victim right before checking the phone. :D