• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Gay's change?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Since sexual preference is determined through genetics, no, you cannot change it without gene therapy. And gene therapy doesn't really exist yet, in a full form.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I'm not sure if I can find it but the gist of it (a research article on fruit flies) shows that by selectively breeding the flies for a certain gene, they can increase the homosexuality rate. You might try searching for "gay flies" or "homosexual flies". I'll try it now.

*Update*

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/news/relaged/961212behavgene.html

*Further update*

I'm not saying it's influence is 100%, as I believe that environment can play a role. For example, intelligence is estimated to be 90% genetics and 10% environment. There is no real proof of this gene in humans, but most likely the gene is there, as genetics shape the person we are.

Allan

There may be a preference gene but children develop in huge bounds mostly before 3 years old with this tappering off as they get older.

A child tends to live in a world of first impressions and they are exploring pleasure as much as anything. Humans definitly connect at a higher level than just body language.

One person can effect hormonal, chemical balance in another by mentaly connecting.

I would think that the people or a person in the childs life were connecting and stimulating certain chemistry into action and making it pleasurable.

An unseen touch.