• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can deities reproduce?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Hinduism has no prophets, no messengers. All living beings have consciousness even trees.
Well, if that's what you really believe about consciousness, then ok, we are worlds apart, since I know trees are living, but last I heard, they don't do much thinking. At this point, have a nice day. :) It's been an interesting conversation, but as I said, we are worlds apart in recognition of what "I" consider reality. :)

YoursTrue

Not yours? (but anyway, that's the insurance company's figuring usually, either way -- you don't believe in God anyway, so out goes your argument that trees think. :) )
On the other hand, if a tree or boulder hits you -- are you saying God did it? You don't believe in God anyway -- so I'm beginning to think (consciously) that you are playing a nice big game. (Have another nice day.) :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Not yours?
On the other hand, if a tree or boulder hits you -- are you saying God did it?
You don't believe in God anyway -- so I'm beginning to think (consciously) that you are playing a nice big game. (Have another nice day.) :)
No, I am a strong Hindu atheist. I will attribute it to probability and uncertainty.
No again, I won't say that, I am a strong Hindu atheist.
Yeah, it is a nice ball game. Have a good day or night, whatever it is at your place.
Hmmm? :) You think earthquakes think???
Does your God think? Does he have a brain?
um...in your consciousness, do you decide when you are an atheist, or a Hindu? :) To the best of my knowledge, Hindus are not described as atheists. Just wondering from your self-description. :)
Yes, I am a Hindu and a strong atheist. There have been some views in Hinduism which do not accept existence of God (Nireeshwaravada of Samkhya; Vaisheshika, the Hindu atomic philosophy; and some flavors of 'Vedanta'). I believe in a strict form of non-duality, 'Advaita Vedanta', which does not recognize any difference between any two objects in the universe and believes that they are constituted by the same entity. For example, an emperor or a sage and a pebble in the river. Therefore, there is no place for a God or Goddess in my belief - Gaudapada - Wikipedia, Khyativada - Wikipedia.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

No, I am a strong Hindu atheist. I will attribute it to probability and uncertainty.
No again, I won't say that, I am a strong Hindu atheist.
Yeah, it is a nice ball game. Have a good day or night, whatever it is at your place.Does your God think? Does he have a brain?
Yes, I am a Hindu and a strong atheist. There have been some views in Hinduism which do not accept existence of God (Nireeshwaravada of Samkhya; Vaisheshika, the Hindu atomic philosophy; and some flavors of 'Vedanta'). I believe in a strict form of non-duality, 'Advaita Vedanta', which does not recognize any difference between any two objects in the universe and believes that they are constituted by the same entity. For example, an emperor or a sage and a pebble in the river. Therefore, there is no place for a God or Goddess in my belief - Gaudapada - Wikipedia, Khyativada - Wikipedia.
Yikes. It's hard for me to fathom what a Hindu atheist is. But! ok ... I can understand how you feel about not believing there is a God (I never thought of God as a goddess, however), because I used to say I don't believe in God. That went on for YEARS. But now I do. May you fare well, that means I hope the best for you.