1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Can deities reproduce?

Discussion in 'Theological Concepts' started by Eddi, Nov 11, 2020.

1. YoursTrue

YoursTrue "We know gravity by happenstance."

Ratings:
    +814
    Religion:
    Christian
    Well, if that's what you really believe about consciousness, then ok, we are worlds apart, since I know trees are living, but last I heard, they don't do much thinking. At this point, have a nice day. :) It's been an interesting conversation, but as I said, we are worlds apart in recognition of what "I" consider reality. :)

2. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Be your own guru

Ratings:
    +10,246
    Religion:
    Atheist, Advaita (Non-duality), Orthodox Hindu
    They do and they act. Yeah, we are worlds apart. Have a nice day or night, whatever. :)
    consciousness of trees at DuckDuckGo

3. YoursTrue

Ratings:
    +814
    Religion:
    Christian
    Lol if a tree hits me I don't think it thought about it. But anyway... it's been interesting.

4. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +10,246
    Religion:
    #84 Aupmanyav, Nov 21, 2020 at 8:38 PM
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:16 AM
  5. YoursTrue

Ratings:
    +814
    Religion:
    Christian
    Not yours? (but anyway, that's the insurance company's figuring usually, either way -- you don't believe in God anyway, so out goes your argument that trees think. :) )
    On the other hand, if a tree or boulder hits you -- are you saying God did it? You don't believe in God anyway -- so I'm beginning to think (consciously) that you are playing a nice big game. (Have another nice day.) :)

6. YoursTrue

Ratings:
    +814
    Religion:
    Christian
  7. YoursTrue

Ratings:
    +814
    Religion:
    Christian
    um...in your consciousness, do you decide when you are an atheist, or a Hindu? :) To the best of my knowledge, Hindus are not described as atheists. Just wondering from your self-description. :)

8. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +10,246
    Religion:
    No, I am a strong Hindu atheist. I will attribute it to probability and uncertainty.
    No again, I won't say that, I am a strong Hindu atheist.
    Yeah, it is a nice ball game. Have a good day or night, whatever it is at your place.
    Does your God think? Does he have a brain?
    Yes, I am a Hindu and a strong atheist. There have been some views in Hinduism which do not accept existence of God (Nireeshwaravada of Samkhya; Vaisheshika, the Hindu atomic philosophy; and some flavors of 'Vedanta'). I believe in a strict form of non-duality, 'Advaita Vedanta', which does not recognize any difference between any two objects in the universe and believes that they are constituted by the same entity. For example, an emperor or a sage and a pebble in the river. Therefore, there is no place for a God or Goddess in my belief - Gaudapada - Wikipedia, Khyativada - Wikipedia.

#88 Aupmanyav, Nov 22, 2020 at 11:38 PM
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 12:11 AM