• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Christianity move beyond its inherent homophobia?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That's because you think or have been taught that a Christian should lay down and be a walk on and that is not being Christ like.

Maybe you should read how Christ took a whip and over turned tables and chase people out of the Temple.

Maybe read where Christ called the scribes and Pharisees hypocrites and told them they are more a child of hell.
Matthew 23:13-15.

But According to you, this is not being Christ like.
I don't recall Christ being an arrogant bigot.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
The fact that some have been able to move beyond the homophobia does not mean the whole will. It does suggest the possibility, which is what the inquiry of the OP is about. I know some of you feel the need to ride in on a white horse to defend Christianity, but such religions are very much a hot spot for homophobia, likely because of their teachings and the question is: Can Christianity move beyond this limitation?

What about non-religous people's homophobia/transphobia?

Take Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist for example.Trans-exclusionary radical feminism - RationalWiki

https://www.quora.com/What-do-trans-exclusionary-feminists-have-against-trans-women

So the question is can the left also move past it's issues with the LGBT community?

The fact is, all around there is more support for the LGBT community now than ever, I would wager it will continue to grow. But it is entirely too idealistic to believe that all people will support any issue, especially when there are some of your own political allegiance that are not fully supportive.