• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Black People be Racist?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't see what this has to do with the subject of the thread?
The question in the thread's title....
"Can black people be racist"
Excerpted from the linked article....
"The real answer is everybody knows this world works for white people.
They do anything and get away with it."

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The question in the thread's title....
"Can black people be racist"
Excerpted from the linked article....
"The real answer is everybody knows this world works for white people.
They do anything and get away with it."
I don't think pointing out a double standard is racism. White people do get away with things they would not if they were black or brown. I don't see how anyone can deny that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think pointing out a double standard is racism. White people do get away with things they would not if they were black or brown. I don't see how anyone can deny that.
The quote expresses racism towards white folk.
It is not true that we get away with anything.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I stand by what I said. White people can get away with plenty of things that people of color can't. Look at drug laws and how they're enforced.
Racism is prejudging based upon race.
Add in hatred, & then it's the virulent kind...as expressed
by the black person quoted in the article.
So my linked article fully comports with the thread.
Btw, drug & other laws are also enforced against whites.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Racism is prejudging based upon race.
Add in hatred, & then it's the virulent kind...as expressed
by the black person quoted in the article.
So my linked article fully comports with the thread.
Btw, drug & other laws are also enforced against whites.
I still don't see it as racist. It's like a Palestinian mentioning how Israeli Jews get away with things they can't or a black South African mentioning how whites got away with things they couldn't under Apartheid.

The drug laws are enforced in a racist manner:
Race and the Drug War

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The quoted statement isn't true.
We don't get away with anything.
I know enuf white folk who've been arrested & served time to debunk the statement.
Therefore, such prejudicial judgement about white people is racism.
Did you even read the article I posted? Sure, white people get arrested but do they get arrested at the same rate and with the same consequences as black and brown people?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Did you even read the article I posted? Sure, white people get arrested but do they get arrested at the same rate and with the same consequences as black and brown people?
You started by challenging the relevance of the article I posted.
I justified it, albeit not to your satisfaction.
I've not said they get arrested at the same rate.
So you're objecting to the goal posts that you moved.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You started by challenging the relevance of the article I posted.
I justified it, albeit not to your satisfaction.
I've not said they get arrested at the same rate.
So you're objecting to the goal posts that you moved.
I'm not moving goal posts. The point is the disparity and how racist enforcement of the law disportionately effects people of color.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Now that Pandora’s Box has been fully opened, time will tell us the consequences.

Equality should have been good enough for anyone.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I disagree with his comments, too. I just don't think they're racist. I haven't seen the comic relief clip but I have seen Stacey Dooley docs before and I think she's a decent person who genuinely wants to help folk.

But let's say I was to give you this one and say, ok maybe there's some racism in his comment, would you agree that they don't suggest he's harbouring a prejudice against white people in general?

Is there more? I don't mean to be nitpicky but that hardly seems like enough to be notorious for his racism.

You also said Diane Abbott was notorious for racism but I haven't seen anything to suggest that's true.

This is an example -

''White people love playing 'divide & rule'".

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said Ms Abbott's comments on twitter were a "stupid and crass generalisation" and that she should apologise and explain her remarks.

Conservative MP Nadhim Zahawi told BBC Radio 5 live: "This is racism.

"If this was a white member of Parliament saying that all black people want to do bad things to us he would have resigned within the hour or be sacked.

"For a shadow minister to hold these sort of views is intolerable, it is wrong, she needs to go."

Another Conservative MP, Rehman Chishti, told BBC Radio 4's World at One the comments were "completely unacceptable" and amounted to "a racist comment".

"If there was a strong leader in the Labour Party he would have taken further action against that."

Abbott sorry for Twitter race row

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
When the couple affiliated with the Black Hebrew Israelite Movement gunned down Jews at the Kosher supermarket in New Jersey, with the probable intent to move next door to the Jewish day school...wasn't that racism? They had all sorts of anti-Jewish literature and stuff in their van and home.