• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Black People be Racist?

Tambourine

I didn't get to use that picture for quite a while:
3pA4jGa.jpg

Notanumber

A Free Man
Being childishly bitter over Brexit and suggesting Africa doesn't need more white saviours doesn't amount to racism, imo. Is that it?

What about Abbott?

Did you take part in the poll and see the result?

Did you read the comments?

Notanumber

A Free Man
I read a few. Why?

The poll asked – Do you agree with David Lammy’s comments?

At the time that I voted, 28% said Yes and 72% said No.

I would class this as fair comment rather than a rant - "What has colour got to do with any of this? So you're well meaning and you think, 'Oh well, I can't go there because I'm white', 'I can't do this charity video because I'm white'. That in itself is racist."

Tambourine

I would class this as fair comment rather than a rant - "What has colour got to do with any of this? So you're well meaning and you think, 'Oh well, I can't go there because I'm white', 'I can't do this charity video because I'm white'. That in itself is racist."
Are you saying that people are racist if they believe that white-on-black racism exists?

Yerda

Veteran Member

I disagree with his comments, too. I just don't think they're racist. I haven't seen the comic relief clip but I have seen Stacey Dooley docs before and I think she's a decent person who genuinely wants to help folk.

But let's say I was to give you this one and say, ok maybe there's some racism in his comment, would you agree that they don't suggest he's harbouring a prejudice against white people in general?

Is there more? I don't mean to be nitpicky but that hardly seems like enough to be notorious for his racism.

You also said Diane Abbott was notorious for racism but I haven't seen anything to suggest that's true.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I disagree with his comments, too. I just don't think they're racist. I haven't seen the comic relief clip but I have seen Stacey Dooley docs before and I think she's a decent person who genuinely wants to help folk.

But let's say I was to give you this one and say, ok maybe there's some racism in his comment, would you agree that they don't suggest he's harbouring a prejudice against white people in general?

Is there more? I don't mean to be nitpicky but that hardly seems like enough to be notorious for his racism.

You also said Diane Abbott was notorious for racism but I haven't seen anything to suggest that's true.

I will do some more research for you when I get the chance.