• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Anyone Learn to Sing?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There is an individual element of natural ability in all of us, and that’s worth considering, but it’s not the whole picture by a long shot. The average person can dedicate themselves to serious vocal training using a comprehensive, proven program. That person, more often than not, is going to learn to sing just as well as — if not better than — someone who didn’t have to work at it and was born with so-called “natural talent.”

Singing is an athletic endeavor. It is physical. It is not magical. When a vocalist starts to learn how to belt, they are not performing a trick of some kind. They are using basic skills to make the amazing happen. Motor skills, muscle strength, coordination — these things can all be built up over time with the proper vocal training.
Can Anyone Learn to Sing? - MYTH BUSTED!

So what do you think? Could anyone with proper training become a POP singing star?

Or do you have to be born with a special voice?
I think anybody with a good ability for managing songwriting and rhythm can accommodate a song to their voice. Even the worst ones.

I remember some of the people on Britain and America got talent and sometimes sound god-awful but if you really think about it, just about any voice can fit a tune.

For me I'm a great singer if I practice if I don't then I crack up and sound god-awful.

Bob Dylan can't sing all that well and look where he's at. His voice is all right, however not world class, but in spite of it all his poetry and lyrics are what got him popular.

I think everybody should give a crack at bat for trying to sing something. My favorite spot for people who can't sing would be alternative and experimental music. There's some surprisingly good songs that can come out of it.

I go with one guy who says all I want to do is be a one hit wonder and then I can retire. You go bro. Chase the dream!!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I think anybody with a good ability for managing songwriting and rhythm can accommodate a song to their voice. Even the worst ones.

I remember some of the people on Britain and America got talent and sometimes sound god-awful but if you really think about it, just about any voice can fit a tune.

For me I'm a great singer if I practice if I don't then I crack up and sound god-awful.

Bob Dylan can't sing all that well and look where he's at. His voice is all right, however not world class, but in spite of it all his poetry and lyrics are what got him popular.

I think everybody should give a crack at bat for trying to sing something. My favorite spot for people who can't sing would be alternative and experimental music. There's some surprisingly good songs that can come out of it.

I go with one guy who says all I want to do is be a one hit wonder and then I can retire. You go bro. Chase the dream!!

People have told me I sing well. Maybe they are just being nice. :shrug:
I tape myself once and It was ok, but far from professional IMO.

Just wondering about the money some singers make. Singers seem to pop up all over the place. Is it talent or more about luck?

I know some successful singers take others under their wing and support their career.