• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can any creationist tell me ...

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
That asteroid was not the only thing that hit the earth Millions of years ago, There were two floods of water that came upon the earth, the first flood came upon the earth was a Million years ago. That the flood along with the asteroid destroyed the dinosaurs and all other life on earth.

there was localized flooding because the asteroid hit in a body of water. Other than that, you are simply wrong.

I don't know if you ever have heard of the flood of Noah's, but the flood of Noah's is not the flood of water that destroyed the dinosaurs, The flood of water that destroyed the dinosaurs and all other life, would make the flood of Noah's look like a small swimming pool.
Noah's flood is a myth. So is your imagined flood for the dinosaurs.

Don't let those creationists try to tell you that the flood of Noah's is what destroyed the dinosaurs. The creationists have no idea about the first earth age, where the dinosaurs lived but now long since been gone.But we do have the bones and other things from that pass. A little about what it was like.
Those ape like bones have nothing to do with us. They were a species that did live back there, but had absolutely nothing to do with us.

Wow. First of all, the apes that were our ancestors lived long after the dinosaurs died off. The dinosaurs died about 65 million years ago and the ancestral apes were after 7 million years ago.

Faithofchristian

there was localized flooding because the asteroid hit in a body of water. Other than that, you are simply wrong.

Wow. First of all, the apes that were our ancestors lived long after the dinosaurs died off. The dinosaurs died about 65 million years ago and the ancestral apes were after 7 million years ago.

Your imagination really goes wild with you. I can see that you still have that ape ancestry in you.it shows for the lack of knowledge you have of making no logical sense.

Faithofchristian

I thought you were someone that would like to discuss logically about things.
But your no better than those young earth creationists.
That if something does not fit into your agenda it's way off.
Just to let you know,that out in the New Mexico desert, they found where an asteroid hit, leaving a crater 4 to 5 miles across a hole about 2 miles deep date it to be Millions year's old. And in the near by State of Utah the paleontologist found a whole alot of dinosaurs buried under volcano Ash, laying together with fossilized body's still with their skins.but fossilized.they have dated them to be Millions of years old.That when this asteroid hit it caused world wide flood of water to cover the whole earth also.

But unlike and the young earth creationists, I don't look for things to argue with. Because I know what they found and that God's word establishes to prove the finding of the paleontologist are true.
And whether the paleontologist knows it or not by their findings of the dinosaurs bones establishes God's word to be true.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought you were someone that would like to discuss logically about things.
But your no better than those young earth creationists.
That if something does not fit into your agenda it's way off.
Just to let you know,that out in the New Mexico desert, they found where an asteroid hit, leaving a crater 4 to 5 miles across a hole about 2 miles deep date it to be Millions year's old. And in the near by State of Utah the paleontologist found a whole alot of dinosaurs buried under volcano Ash, laying together with fossilized body's still with their skins.but fossilized.they have dated them to be Millions of years old.That when this asteroid hit it caused world wide flood of water to cover the whole earth also.

The Arizona crater is well-known and is also much more recent than the dinosaur extinction.

/E: in fact, it is dated to only 50,000 years ago, not millions.
Meteor Crater - Wikipedia

The crater from the asteroid that destroyed the dinosaurs is off the coast of the Yucatan peninsula.

This isn't a matter of not 'fitting an agenda'. It is a matter of not fitting the facts.

And yes, the Utah site (and many others) are also well-known.

But that doesn't mean the dinosaurs went extinct because of a flood. In fact, the evidence says otherwise.

But unlike and the young earth creationists, I don't look for things to argue with. Because I know what they found and that God's word establishes to prove the finding of the paleontologist are true.
And whether the paleontologist knows it or not by their findings of the dinosaurs bones establishes God's word to be true.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

The Arizona crater is well-known and is also much more recent than the dinosaur extinction.

/E: in fact, it is dated to only 50,000 years ago, not millions.
Meteor Crater - Wikipedia

The crater from the asteroid that destroyed the dinosaurs is off the coast of the Yucatan peninsula.

This isn't a matter of not 'fitting an agenda'. It is a matter of not fitting the facts.

And yes, the Utah site (and many others) are also well-known.

But that doesn't mean the dinosaurs went extinct because of a flood. In fact, the evidence says otherwise.

I didn't say the dinosaurs went extinct because of a flood. I said because of the asteroid hitting the earth is what help caused a flood to follow.

There was a asteroid that did hit in the desert of Santa Fe New Mexico and there was one that hit in the desert in Arizona also.which dates to 50.000 yrs ago.

You were right about Arizona desert and I was right about in Santa Fe New Mexico.
desert. So we both were right, that asteroids hit the earth.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I didn't say the dinosaurs went extinct because of a flood. I said because of the asteroid hitting the earth is what help caused a flood to follow.

And I pointed out that it was a localized flood, not a global one. Are we agreed?

There was a asteroid that did hit in the desert of Santa Fe New Mexico and there was one that hit in the desert in Arizona also.which dates to 50.000 yrs ago.

Good enough. There have been quite a few impacts over the age of the Earth. Wikipedia has a nice list of some.

You were right about Arizona desert and I was right about in Santa Fe New Mexico.
desert. So we both were right, that asteroids hit the earth.

Yes. And some will cause localized floods.

But Noah's flood is still a myth (unless you want to claim it was a localized flood also, which makes it a distinct possibility).

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
well from Seawise Giant to Noahs Ark is still a hefty stretch of the imagination.
I am not in disagreement with you there.
I am merely pointing out that the size of the "boat" in and of it self is not an issue.

If you were to argue the size of the boat from the available materials of that time is an issue, or the size of the boat with the known at that time logistics of boat craft is an issue, but you merely scoffed at the size of the boat.

Faithofchristian

So where did Noah put the komodo dragons in it?

Are you freaking kidding me, if the seawise dragon, as you put it, now why Noah would need to put something that lives in the water inside the ark, knowing that any thing that lives in the sea water would do just fine in the water, There would be no sense to take anything out of water.

Take a fish, if you take the fish out of the water it can not live long out of water.
No matter how much water or how strong the water becomes fish will still survive.

Therefore this seawise dragon as you call it will survive in the water, sense it lives in water.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I am not in disagreement with you there.
I am merely pointing out that the size of the "boat" in and of it self is not an issue.

If you were to argue the size of the boat from the available materials of that time is an issue, or the size of the boat with the known at that time logistics of boat craft is an issue, but you merely scoffed at the size of the boat.
Are you freaking kidding me, if the seawise dragon, as you put it, now why Noah would need to put something that lives in the water inside the ark, knowing that any thing that lives in the sea water would do just fine in the water, There would be no sense to take anything out of water.

Take a fish, if you take the fish out of the water it can not live long out of water.
No matter how much water or how strong the water becomes fish will still survive.

Therefore this seawise dragon as you call it will survive in the water, sense it lives in water.
komodo dragons are land animals.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure

The Seawise Giant is a boat, not a living creature.