• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can all life on earth be viewed as the expression of a single organism?

RestlessSoul

For me, I don't see any evidence of that. Intersubjectivity requires the observations of one to be communicated to others. I don't see that all life in interconnected mentally or networked in some way. Absent an always-on networking of minds, I do not see how there could be a unitary consciousness.

Okay. But if all life can be seen as an expression of a single organism, couldn't all conscious beings be seen as facets of a single consciousness? Might be more challenging to make the case evidentially, but I wouldn't dismiss it.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Okay. But if all life can be seen as an expression of a single organism, couldn't all conscious beings be seen as facets of a single consciousness? Might be more challenging to make the case evidentially, but I wouldn't dismiss it.
In reality you are not just thinking one organism you include a higher statement having created the one organism. Reason...as you want first so have to be subjective beyond first.

In any thesis.

The term, "When does life begin", is often used in discussion surrounding when to afford specific rights to human embryos or the human fetus. This came up for me in another thread.

In an off-the-cuff remark I stated that life began billions of years ago and life has been a continuum since that beginning. This thought made me ponder the following:

If all life is simply a continuum of this earliest beginning, is it appropriate to think of all life on earth the expression of a single organism or entity? If all variations of that entity are simply adaptive mechanisms to survive varied conditions and exploit any possible resource, can we view the variations as differentiated parts of the whole, much like our different organs are manifestations of the whole? Can we zoom out above the planet and view all life as the same expression of a single organism as it oozes and spreads over the planet?

Curious if others think such a concept is useful, or have strong feelings as to why all life should not be considered the expression of a single entity.
. YES! I think it’s God

rational experiences

Veteran Member
. YES! I think it’s God
Men claiming stone as presence owns all the elements ever formed in space. Planet earth.

Ended form as stone.

Gases historic are back in time to a theist thinking as not X mass and evolution stone... The seal.
Gases from a lesser destructive mass than stone evolution. Volcanic mass.

So says cooling gas in space time travels back to volcanic mass no stone god.

Gases proved time travel as it's expressive reasoning in theistic sciences.

God as one base one was it's seal.

As space opening as form consumed changed pressure to cooling to a fixed holding body.

Statement of science so never give it a name as God planet sealed and never change it again as no man is God.

Pretty basic advice of science. Known. Taught. Gained realisation by life living atop stones seal dying bio sacrificed.

When natural history said one human body consciousness living X two.

Why today men think and act like women proving we share one human consciousness.

Time travel conscious human brain status in full knowledge a gas is not energetic mass. A gas came from a lesser mass far more destructive than stones seal.

All information is a false inference of travel.