• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a non-muslim wear hijab?

I have an unorthodox question to ask of anyone who considers themselves muslim (Sunni, Shia, or not). Can a non-muslim woman wear the hijab if she's not looking to convert, but wants to wear one because if makes her feel closer to God?

I'm asking because I used to be muslim but am now looking to be Jewish for my own reasons. I'd rather not debate it, but while I love Judaism, I miss wearing a hijab. Certain branches of Judaism doesn't require you to wear a headscarf unless you are married, but I still want to wear my old hijabs anyways. When I wore my hijab, I felt like I had this special connection with God that no one else could interfere with. Hijab was a sign of my faith in God. God is still close to me, I believe, but without my hijab, my connection to God feels impacted.

Again, I'm not sure that I want to go back to Islam since Judaism's teachings align completely with what I believe, but I want to put my hijab back on. Would it be offensive for me to wear it again sometimes?

Sakeenah

I have an unorthodox question to ask of anyone who considers themselves muslim (Sunni, Shia, or not). Can a non-muslim woman wear the hijab if she's not looking to convert, but wants to wear one because if makes her feel closer to God?

I'm asking because I used to be muslim but am now looking to be Jewish for my own reasons. I'd rather not debate it, but while I love Judaism, I miss wearing a hijab. Certain branches of Judaism doesn't require you to wear a headscarf unless you are married, but I still want to wear my old hijabs anyways. When I wore my hijab, I felt like I had this special connection with God that no one else could interfere with. Hijab was a sign of my faith in God. God is still close to me, I believe, but without my hijab, my connection to God feels impacted.

Again, I'm not sure that I want to go back to Islam since Judaism's teachings align completely with what I believe, but I want to put my hijab back on. Would it be offensive for me to wear it again sometimes?

Salaam,

Welcome to RF :) I'm a orthodox sunni muslim woman and hijabi. I don't think it's offensive if a non muslim wears hijab. There are non muslim women who wear something similar to the hijab in different cultures,religions and sects.If it's something that you really want to do I would say go for it and ignore what people might say.

May Allah guide you to what is best for you.

Last edited:

zahra67

salam and welcome here.
yes you can try it.
hijab is woman's dignity, virtue beauty, and protects there helthyness in the society and protects them from the dangerous.
God is beautiful and loves beauty.
hijab is beauty for woman.

sovietchild

Yes, good disguise for robbing banks etc.

No way! Really? You still could see their faces. How is it a good disguise for robbing ranks? Tell me about it.

giphy.gif

Wasp

The Torah says cover your hair.

To wear it the way Muslims wear it might be confusing but not wrong.

The only thing that is wrong is wearing it "sometimes". It should be worn at all times.