• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a literal Genesis creation story really hold up?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Oh, that just dandy... :facepalm:

First it was this "Spirit, first, before substance" or variations of this thief's axiom, repeated in other threads to the point of ad nauseam...

...and now he has another pattern for his "FIRST", in which he will draw to the point of ad nauseam.

What is this obsession with "first" as if it is a magic bullet that will answer all questions?

This peverted axiom or motto with the irritating patterns of the "first" is pointless circular reasoning and when he dodge questions about "evidence", and saying stupid evasive thing like...

...well, it make my fingers are just itchy to put him in the ignore list...and he would be the first in this list.

Ignore me if you want to......but....Someone had to be first.

Deal with it.
Regression is a simple thing......it goes back to a 'point' where the First takes mind and heart.

Someone had to be first.

btw...regression is linear leading to a point.....it's not circular.

gnostic

The Lost One
thief said:
Ignore me if you want to......but....Someone had to be first.

Yes, you could be the "first" in my ignore list...and being in the list "first" would have nothing to do with "regression" or "circular".

The "circular" being your reasoning or your argument, and there nothing "linear" about your reasoning.

outhouse

Atheistically
Someone had to be first

Then quit imagining it and proselytizing it!!!!!!!

And start to substantiate it! EPIC FAIL

because there was never one Israelite worshipping the Canaanite gods FAIL IN YOUR PART for cherry picking what you don't like out of history.

Im so happy your on ignore.

Ignore me if you want to......but....

I don't want to ignore you, but you seem to ignore me.
Why can't you give me a straight answer, to the questions I've posted to you? All I get from you are words and phrase-fragments. And whenever I ask back, I either get new fragments or nothing at all.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What's a matter guys?

Does the discussion run in direction you don't want to go?
It leads where you won't follow?

What's a matter guys?

There is no discussion.
And certainly no direction.
Because you seem absolutly determined to avoid answering any questions or making any point.
Are you really counting this as a victory, just because we can't even understand your "point"? :sarcastic

outhouse

Atheistically
There is no discussion.
Because you seem absolutly determined to avoid answering any questions or making any point.
Are you really counting this as a victory, just because we can't even understand your "point"? :sarcastic

It is a lack of honesty that is the root of all problems.

He can only reply philosophically because reality does not back his imagination, so he can only reply with imagination as his primary tool.

Ignoring reality is not honest.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I guess someone's first, walking with God, around the circle of life and beyond.
I kind of envy the convition of the neccesity to worship as a lot of people do.
Genesis, capital letter and a follow through of uncertanity, man from dust and woman from rib.
A void that contains nothing but a singularity of everything needed to create everything that is needed to continue everything needed forever.
And then we live, but just for a lifetime, and then we die, and become memories to other's thoughts.
Of course...there's heaven, and maybe hell, be good elst God won't let you in, pearly gates you know.
~
That's Genesis in a nut shell, or a seashell, or reality, I'm going to take a walk on the beach, walking with "I".
~
nuff stuff
'mud

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There is no discussion.

Actually.....if you can't understand the 'point' we can't proceed.

You now say there is no discussion and no direction.
I can't lead you by your nose.
You have to want to make the choice.

Spirit first?...or substance?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
What's a matter guys?

its more like attack of the word salad, you are really ahrd to engage with. You do not talk in complete sentence, you persist things with out demonstrating them and you just kida shout rhetoric over and over again.

Spirit first or substance....spirit is a baseless assumption. its not which was first, but no spirit at all.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
its more like attack of the word salad, you are really ahrd to engage with. You do not talk in complete sentence, you persist things with out demonstrating them and you just kida shout rhetoric over and over again.

Spirit first or substance....spirit is a baseless assumption. its not which was first, but no spirit at all.

Then WHAT (not who)am I having a discussion with?

Iti oj

Premium Member
So I cannot ask WHAT you are?
Scripture can do so.....
What is Man that God is mindful of him?
Perhaps i misunderstood what you were asking?
scripture can't do anything.
What?

Actually.....if you can't understand the 'point' we can't proceed.

You now say there is no discussion and no direction.
I can't lead you by your nose.
You have to want to make the choice.

Spirit first?...or substance?

Oh, believe me, it's absolutly not my problem that I don't get your point.
You avoid answering my question all the time, so there can't be any progression.

See, I would love to answer your... "question"...
The "Spirit first? Or substance?".
I would like to answer that... but I can't. Because I don't understand it.

What is a spirit?
And what substance are you talking about? There are thousands of substances that exist. So, I don't know what you are talking about.

I also don't know what you mean by "first".
"First" in what?

If you can clarify that, I would gladly answer your question...

greentwiga

Well, do you want to get back to discussing a literal Genesis? If so, Sodom and Gomorrah? Noah? Joseph in Egypt? Or do you just want to focus on Adam and Eve, but that is in another thread. I'll try to defend any of those. Could be fun.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Well, do you want to get back to discussing a literal Genesis? If so, Sodom and Gomorrah? Noah? Joseph in Egypt? Or do you just want to focus on Adam and Eve, but that is in another thread. I'll try to defend any of those. Could be fun.
Do you think you have good evidence in defense of any of those?

Thief

Rogue Theologian

I see these events as God...tweaking His creation.
(evolution is God's handiwork as well)

outhouse

Atheistically

Waist of time to debate with someone who refuses reality and what credible scholars say.

If you refuse professors, nothing we can say with change your bias. :slap:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Thief,
I like you...and I like to use dots also...pay no attention to them.
Look at me...I'm ok...aint I ????
~
But one thing though, if life is really important to reality,
and if life is the first 'substance' in our being,
then could the 'spirit' that's within us come last in birth.
~
I don't really know, 1st the dust then the man then the spirit.
Maybe you mean that the spirit leaves first and then the substance is last.
LIFO as we learned in comp 1, interesting concept, defining the 'spirit' is the problem.
I look at it like the memory to be left behind as memories to all the others.
I'll probably leave few memories, but maybe some 'spirit', we'll see won't we ?
~
'mud