• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a literal Genesis creation story really hold up?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I like Genesis.

Someone had to be first to walk with God.
I believe that man is called Adam.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Well your wrong

Its why you never have evidence for your mythology :facepalm:

if the hebrews evolved from the canaanites, they would have spoke the language of the canaanites.... but they dont.

They spoke and wrote in hebrew because they did not originate with the sons of Ham...they originated with Shem's sons.

But of course you could be right... perhaps all humans are mythological creatures. Now there's a thought. ;)

Muffled

Jesus in me
mythology has never said anything.

and you cannot prove anything at all outside mythology

While I can prove what is stated in genesis is factual mythology.

I believe I didn'tr sayanything about mythology or what God said in the past but what He says to me now.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
You mean read it in a post hoc manner fitting verses into scientific explanation? Sure if you want to use fallacious reasoning go ahead but you are not going to convince people that can critically think.

I believe All reading of history is post hoc. I don't see why understanding what was going on from a scientific point of view is any less reasonable than a magical point of view.

I have no desire to do so and wish to be corrected if I do.

I believe critical thinking can be useful but if all the person is doing is saying "nah it aint" then it isn't.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Very good. Humans originated in East or Southern Africa to the best of our knowledge. If Adam and Eve are traceable to SE Turkey about 9,000 BC, then The Adam of Gen 1 (which refers to both male(s) and female(s)) must be a separate event. It is just our interpretation that make the two refer to the same person. In Gen 2:4, the Bible indicates that there might be many generations between Gen 1 and Gen 2. Thus I don't have a single objection to what you say, and I still stand by my statements.

I believe humans (The Adamic race) were re-ceated in the Caucasus by the gods somewhere around 5,000 BC The African race originated in Africa long before the re-creation of the Adamic race. The gods that did the recreation, sometimes know as Aryans originated from the stars as a human alien race arriving somewhere around 10,000 BC.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
if the hebrews evolved from the canaanites, they would have spoke the language of the canaanites.... but they dont.

They spoke and wrote in hebrew because they did not originate with the sons of Ham...they originated with Shem's sons.

But of course you could be right... perhaps all humans are mythological creatures. Now there's a thought. ;)

Hebrew is based on Canaanite, it is part of the Canaanite language family of the wester semitic grouping... Hebrew is based on the proto-Canaanite alphabet which is the basis for all languages in the grouping. The early Hebrew language uses paleo-Hebrew alphabet which was is based on the Phoenician alphabet which agains is part of the Canaanite language grouping. Aramaic alphabets were not used until the 5th century. The oldest record of Hebrew found uses the proto-Canaanite alphabet. You have should not talk about a subject which you are ignorant of..

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
I believe All reading of history is post hoc. I don't see why understanding what was going on from a scientific point of view is any less reasonable than a magical point of view.

I have no desire to do so and wish to be corrected if I do.

I believe critical thinking can be useful but if all the person is doing is saying "nah it aint" then it isn't.

Post hoc rationalization is when you take specific statement based on later discovers and insert this into an early statement which is generalized. This is what you have done.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hebrew is based on Canaanite, it is part of the Canaanite language family of the wester semitic grouping... Hebrew is based on the proto-Canaanite alphabet which is the basis for all languages in the grouping. The early Hebrew language uses paleo-Hebrew alphabet which was is based on the Phoenician alphabet which agains is part of the Canaanite language grouping. Aramaic alphabets were not used until the 5th century. The oldest record of Hebrew found uses the proto-Canaanite alphabet. You have should not talk about a subject which you are ignorant of..

Canaanite is a semitic language.... Shem had a brother called Ham and Canaan was one of his sons.

So of course they are related, but that does not mean that the sons of Shem came from the Sons of Canaan.

They are two different stocks of people and developed into two different nations of people.
Outhouse is claiming the isrealites are canaanites which is quite wrong and which is proved wrong by the language they spoke which is different to the canaanite language.

Both being semitic does not mean they are from the same clan.

outhouse

Atheistically
Outhouse is claiming the isrealites are canaanites which is quite wrong

You are factually wrong pegg, thanks for playing

One reason is because I am not claiming that, all education and knowledge is claiming it.

I just follow the education you refuse.

the language they spoke which is different to the canaanite language.

wrong again :facepalm:

Canaanite languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Canaanite languages are a subfamily of the Semitic languages, which were spoken by the ancient peoples of the Canaan region, the Canaanites (including the Israelites and Phoenicians), Amorites, Ammonites, Moabites and Edomites. All of them seem to have become extinct as native languages by the early 1st millennium CE

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
You are factually wrong pegg, thanks for playing

One reason is because I am not claiming that, all education and knowledge is claiming it.

I just follow the education you refuse.

wrong again :facepalm:

Canaanite languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Canaanite languages are a subfamily of the Semitic languages, which were spoken by the ancient peoples of the Canaan region, the Canaanites (including the Israelites and Phoenicians), Amorites, Ammonites, Moabites and Edomites. All of them seem to have become extinct as native languages by the early 1st millennium CE

Jews still speak Hebrew.

Shad

Veteran Member
Canaanite is a semitic language.... Shem had a brother called Ham and Canaan was one of his sons.

So of course they are related, but that does not mean that the sons of Shem came from the Sons of Canaan.

They are two different stocks of people and developed into two different nations of people.
Outhouse is claiming the isrealites are canaanites which is quite wrong and which is proved wrong by the language they spoke which is different to the canaanite language.

Both being semitic does not mean they are from the same clan.

He is right. You read the Bible while I work in archeology with my specialty in Biblical archeology. Early Hebrew uses the Canaanite alphabet as well as Phoenician a century later. It is a splinter language as Spanish, Italian and French are to Latin. Read Prof. Yosef Garfinkel work or History of the Hebrew Language By David Steinberg. Canaanite languages share a rate of same word meaning of 79 to 85%. If I say X word in Hebrew it means the same in Phoenician.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
You would have to find the original legend, perhaps it is a little more thorough.

The OT genesis is far to vague, although, it does say Man was made from
elements of the Earth. It's just dust in some versions, in other versions the Lords
Angels were sent out onto the lands to bring back various elements so that he
would make Man. Man was also the last being of "creation", not one of the first.

I believe the Earth is ancient, not only 12/10,000 years old.

It's hard to fathom such a powerful being having not really been acquainted
with such feats of power or magic as given the illusion of. You may no want
to consider technology, but the power of will used to create.

Personally, I believe Man was born as it is now, not ascending from apes,
perhaps Man bread with apes. There are at least a dozen myths behind
the origin and you can come to your own conclusions as well. As far as the
Genesis story holding up it's far to vague to appease everyone.

The timeline is also difficult to nail down.

In Norse myth there are two or three myths, one Man was presented to the
Gods, not made necessarily(?), by the Drawves. I think the Dwarves are the
Neanderthals, whom were sent to the realm of Midgard to kill off the
dragons, which I think are the dinosaurs. Please let me know if I am
presuming to much... Dinosaur, Dragon, doesn't fly in science. In Norse
the Dragons were on Earth eons, millennium, prior to anyone being here,
Gods included, I believe.

With that insane sounding theorem in place the dinosaurs were apparently
already extinct by time the Neanderthals had lived and died out on Earth, so
it's hard to say if I am totally correct and should be in the hall of Nobel Prize
winners. That and the mythological Dwarves were supposed to be masters
of metallurgy and the Neanderthals have only been discovered with stone
age tools and weaponry, thus far. Although it does not mention much about
their time in Midgard and even if they had that technology then. Other than
they were there eons before Man, as well. Nobody seems to really coos the
idea, although I have put it out there to cultivate.

Which also means the Norse Gods were incomprehensibly ancient. I mean,
if you meet a God one of the things you may feel is incomprehensible ancients.

So if a Neanderthal is discovered with metal weapons and have an expulsion
in my pants and probably a heart attack and die.

There are other myths as well though, Norse is just my favorite. The
Neanderthals are apparently in various myths, even Judeo.

It's pretty rad.

Respect the Neanderthal
CTC7pQ8.jpg

Most of the documentation on the Neanderthals is a little insulting anyway.

I went on to write a drunkin rant on how they were amazing and all.

The Neanderthals were so strong muscle wrenched their bones.

Although there's no evidence of metallurgy, they were masters of fire
and metallurgy, among other things they taught Man.

The Neanderthals taught Man everything.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
He is right. You read the Bible while I work in archeology with my specialty in Biblical archeology. Early Hebrew uses the Canaanite alphabet as well as Phoenician a century later. It is a splinter language as Spanish, Italian and French are to Latin. Read Prof. Yosef Garfinkel work or History of the Hebrew Language By David Steinberg. Canaanite languages share a rate of same word meaning of 79 to 85%. If I say X word in Hebrew it means the same in Phoenician.

and El in canaanite means the same at God in Hebrew... i know and i get that.

But outhouse is claiming that this means the Hebrews are actually canaanites.

outhouse

Atheistically
But thanks for ignoring education and knowledge, and YOU not being able to refute wiki.

yes el was factually combined with Yahweh

Sorry you are no match for education and knowledge

History of ancient Israel and Judah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israelite monotheism evolved gradually out of pre-existing beliefs and practices of the ancient world.[76] The religion of the Israelites of Iron Age I, like the Canaanite faith from which it evolved[77] and other ancient Near Eastern religions, was based on a cult of ancestors and worship of family gods (the "gods of the fathers").[78] Its major deities were not numerous – El, Asherah, and Yahweh, with Baal as a fourth god, and perhaps Shamash (the sun) in the early period.[79] By the time of the early Hebrew kings , El and Yahweh had become fused and Asherah did not continue as a separate state cult

Maybe you cannot read English well, and understand the 4 early gods, or maybe you fail to understand the word fused actually means.

If you need help with your English let us know.