• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a human be more compassionate and merciful than God (in your opinion)

What is the most compassionate approach?

• burn wicked people and unbelievers in hell forever and ever

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • put them out of their misery

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Purify, heal, and transform all people (through many lifetimes if need be)

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So, if I was omnipotent (the quality of having unlimited power) I would heal people of mental and physical illnesses. I would fill with joy and euphoria every sad, lonely, depressed, and miserable person. I would heal all infirmities and mental illness. I would give pedophiles and sexual deviants a healthy sexuality so that they don't feel inclined to commit acts that harm themselves or others. I would heal all people of drug, sexual, or other addictions

I would enlighten all people to know the truth. I would speak clear messages to people that seek me so that they could write down word-for-word my instructions (So there would be no confusion). I would elect world leaders who were the most wise and compassionate people on earth, and I would guide their every decision so that they knew what was best for the people.

Would we have a better world if that was done?

I would let no one be tortured for all eternity in hell. I find that people who do evil are often suffering a lot. No one wakes up in the morning and says "I'm feeling so good today, I want to go kill a bunch of people" :confused:. Consequently, I feel compassion for such people already and dread the idea of them suffering forever. Either heal them, transform them, or put them out of their misery.

I'm reading a book by Allan Kardec "The Spirit's book". It's a great read if you haven't read it. He interacts with spirits and they answer all his questions about spirits. They claim that the Spirit existed before it was incarnated and that this body is just one temporary outfit. They tell him that every spirit will be purified and made perfect eventually, but for some it will take many thousands of years and many lifetimes.

I have to agree that this belief is far more just, compassionate, merciful, and rational than the belief that people will be tortured forever and ever because of what they did or believed in this brief life (which is one-second compared to eternity....why punish someone eternally because of what they did with one-second, especially when you consider that they were blind, confused, unenlightened, and naturally inclined to sin).

Please answer the poll if you could. Please be honest about it. I'm asking what is the most compassionate approach. You might firmly believe that eternal torture is what is in store for unbelievers, but do you truly find that to be the most compassionate approach?
o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

interminable

منتظر
And unbelievers shall be punished forever for failing this brief "test"
Intention is very very important in Islam especially Shia

Those who will be punished by eternal hell they intended to do that for ever
I mean if they die and see the reality and comeback again to this life they would continue their previous deeds as Quran says.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
U overlook something important

Here isn't heaven
Here is just for test.
Belivers for every pains that they suffer will be rewarded.

If people know the rules & paramaters of a test then the results will be deeply flawed. Further, the test is ultimately pointless if the being administering the test already knows how it will end for each test subject.

interminable

منتظر
If people know the rules & paramaters of a test then the results will be deeply flawed. Further, the test is ultimately pointless if the being administering the test already knows how it will end for each test subject.
U just think about heaven and hell
Those who wanna be gnostic should suffer from pain and problems to gain salvation. Without pain all things that god has put in our soul will never show itself

Tumah

Veteran Member
So, if I was omnipotent (the quality of having unlimited power) I would heal people of mental and physical illnesses. I would fill with joy and euphoria every sad, lonely, depressed, and miserable person. I would heal all infirmities and mental illness. I would give pedophiles and sexual deviants a healthy sexuality so that they don't feel inclined to commit acts that harm themselves or others. I would heal all people of drug, sexual, or other addictions

I would enlighten all people to know the truth. I would speak clear messages to people that seek me so that they could write down word-for-word my instructions (So there would be no confusion). I would elect world leaders who were the most wise and compassionate people on earth, and I would guide their every decision so that they knew what was best for the people.

Would we have a better world if that was done?

I would let no one be tortured for all eternity in hell. I find that people who do evil are often suffering a lot. No one wakes up in the morning and says "I'm feeling so good today, I want to go kill a bunch of people" :confused:. Consequently, I feel compassion for such people already and dread the idea of them suffering forever. Either heal them, transform them, or put them out of their misery.

I'm reading a book by Allan Kardec "The Spirit's book". It's a great read if you haven't read it. He interacts with spirits and they answer all his questions about spirits. They claim that the Spirit existed before it was incarnated and that this body is just one temporary outfit. They tell him that every spirit will be purified and made perfect eventually, but for some it will take many thousands of years and many lifetimes.

I have to agree that this belief is far more just, compassionate, merciful, and rational than the belief that people will be tortured forever and ever because of what they did or believed in this brief life (which is one-second compared to eternity....why punish someone eternally because of what they did with one-second, especially when you consider that they were blind, confused, unenlightened, and naturally inclined to sin).

Please answer the poll if you could. Please be honest about it. I'm asking what is the most compassionate approach. You might firmly believe that eternal torture is what is in store for unbelievers, but do you truly find that to be the most compassionate approach?
o_O
That's what you do if you were omnibenovlent and omnipotent. The question is if that's what you'd do if you were omniscient as well.

interminable

منتظر
I can see some beauty in that.

So, will I go to hell if I don't convert to Islam?
Beauty in what??

آل عمران
وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الْإِسْلَامِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِي الْآخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ
And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers. (85)

interminable

منتظر
Why a test? Isn't god omniscient, already knowing how we would score?

According to quran some unbelievers when see the hell say we didn't do anything wrong
God will ask their hands and legs and ...to bear witness against that person

Besides we are his creature
He planned for us some worlds to pass

So u can't question him why did u create me. Because u weren't there to be asked.
So we are completely in his hand.
Eventually I wanna say we are facing with a fait Accompli

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
U just think about heaven and hell
Those who wanna be gnostic should suffer from pain and problems to gain salvation. Without pain all things that god has put in our soul will never show itself

Yes, don't think about how illogical Islamic doctrine is. Just keep thinking blindly about the end result; not the means of getting there or whether the god administering the test lives up to the lofty claims its followers make for it. Don't question it :rolleyes:

Oh, and 'gnostic' (relating to knowledge) is a very flattering term for something you believe but cannot evidence.