• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Came across an interesting music video with a lot of symbolism.

Cooky

Veteran Member

Just wanted to share. What did you think?

It makes you really come to realize that the animals totally rely on us for their survival. And it’s absolutely true.

...Just looking at my dog for instance, when I come home how excited and happy she gets. Because she relies on me for everything. We truly are responsible for the animals just like we're responsible for our children.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The video is very thought provoking.

Id rather not comment on the music (and i use the word in its widest possible sense ;-)

A Vestigial Mote

Excellent video. Crazy amounts of artwork in there.

I think a lot of times it feels like there is some grand, concerted effort of forces working against us. A "conspiracy" if you will. Unfortunately, I think the truth is a bit more simple, and, in my opinion, more dastardly if only because it comes with a stronger desire to deny. And that is that it is merely each of us acting mostly in our own self-interests that ends up being that "concerted effort." As a person reaches some higher echelon of corporate or political or social power, their acting in their own self-interest ends up being to the detriment of many others. To appease their boss, and get ahead in the corporation, decisions are made to bulldoze that rainforest, and the guy in the bulldozer is looking to keep his job, and does what he is asked in order to get ahead himself, or even just maintain the status quo - the easy route of a continuance of his current method of achieving survival. As lives "move up" the ladder of what is deemed "success," new methods of obtaining more must be achieved in order to support all of the new infrastructure in our lives (nicer house, more expensive car, a one-up on that trip we took last year, etc.), and on it goes.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That there is no guarantee of the continued existence of the human or any species.
Perhaps man's existence is just an accident and is more likely than not to become extinct like all of the other billions of species that became extinct before us.

A successful species consumes its environment. If we continue to be a successful species we will eventually consume the earth and have to venture out into space and consume that as well.

I suppose it'll all come to an end eventually. The only question being how long will the human species be along for the ride.

A Vestigial Mote

A successful species consumes its environment.
This very much depends on how one defines "successful." Species may attempt to do this (unaware, of course), however in a markedly high number of cases, other facets of the environment tend to develop in response which put things back into a relative form of balance. Humans are a big exception to this. With our ever-developing methods of harvesting resources we can consume on a scale the likes of which few environmental factors can affect any sort of re-balancing to account for.

Onoma

Pretty wild

Reminds me of " I pet goat "

I like the appearance of the Norse " Yggdrasill " ( World tree )